PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Numbers

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Ok, look. I am not trying to start drama here or anything. But I just want to make a little statement, or comment.
When you have a company (or person) build you a motor, wouldn't it be best to take it to a ma and pa machine shop dyno, somewhere far away from the builder's shop?
To me, having an engine built, and then dynoed by "his guy" is like using your Real Estate Agent's Home Inspector!
There is a big conflict of interest. Anyway, not trying to light a fire. I am pretty much under the impression that dynos are a big jack off anyway. Better to throw the boat/car/airplane in service and see the results.......

LakesOnly
04-16-2004, 08:33 AM
I don't think anyone's gonna fudge the numbers, Elim. It's also a tool...
Are you almost done with the engine? I'm still in need of a roatating assy and tunnel ram...and machining. No hurry tough..
LO

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Agreed, it's a tool. BUT, the dyno does not perfectly simulate the environment that the motor is going to be in. I would rather pay the builder to come out with me to the lake and dial it in there all day long making blasts with a gps, radar gun etc....
I've got just about all the parts to assemble my motor, I just need a time window.....

HBjet
04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
BUT, the dyno does not perfectly simulate the environment that the motor is going to be in.
But that environment isn't always the same either.... so do you take your builder to the lake/river everytime you go?
HBjet

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by HBjet
But that environment isn't always the same either.... so do you take your builder to the lake/river everytime you go?
HBjet
Yeah, me. You've seen me out there. Half the time the god damned thing is on the trailer and I am messing with it. I like that better than running it, call me crazy.

LakesOnly
04-16-2004, 08:50 AM
I don't think I'm gonna spend any money at a dyno facility with my first motor in the hydro. (Don't know what you're building, though.) In my case, this is in part because the first motor won't be anything special, looking like only 800HP now. So I'll spend that research money by testing and tuning, getting seat-time, working up that learning curve. It's just brackets and setting up to get into the zeros...
Not dis'ing dynos! I think any decent dyno facility you are considering would be fine..
LO

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 08:54 AM
Agreed, it's a tool. BUT, the dyno does not perfectly simulate the environment that the motor is going to be in. I would rather pay the builder to come out with me to the lake and dial it in there all day long making blasts with a gps, radar gun etc....
I've got just about all the parts to assemble my motor, I just need a time window.....
I agree wif ya, would rather have them get the fuel curve and timming close then take it to the track.

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey Lakes, I am building an unblown 460 BBC injected alcohol motor. Full roller valvetrain, Brodix BB2 Plus heads, GM forged crank, manley alluminum rods, JE 50cc dome pistons, hilborn/kinsler injection.....

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Hey Lakes, I am building an unblown 460 BBC injected alcohol motor. Full roller valvetrain, Brodix BB2 Plus heads, GM forged crank, manley alluminum rods, JE 50cc dome pistons, hilborn/kinsler injection.....
For??????

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 08:58 AM
HBjet
This is the point where the fine act of tuning comes into play.:p

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
For??????
My hydro....

LakesOnly
04-16-2004, 09:02 AM
Sounds sick...I watched a BBF Kinsler on Ebay reach $1400 reserve NOT met...
I just acquired a 427 Forged Crank and 396/427 Block...just sitting on it for now.
My first motor will be a BBF 521 NA gas. Just to get it in the water.
My dyno will consist of a timing light, some jets and a stopwatch.:D Oh, and some gears...
LO

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
Sounds sick...I watched a BBF Kinsler on Ebay reach $1400 reserve NOT met...
I just acquired a 427 Forged Crank and 396/427 Block...just sitting on it for now.
My first motor will be a BBF 521 NA gas. Just to get it in the water.
My dyno will consist of a timing light, some jets and a stopwatch.:D Oh, and some gears...
LO
Yeah, I am VERY weak on my Casale. I really know nothing about it: What gears are steep, what are short. Good combinations, how my prop will react to them. I have a lot to learn, as always...
Why don't you just build a 427 and spin the bejesus out of it?

cstraub
04-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Her is one for you: Happened to a customer of mine that built a $8000 Nascar Limited Late Model for a customer. Set the track record the year he ran it. Was not dynoed when built, so he dynoed it after the season. The dyno guy decided at the end of the season (4th in points) to put it on the dyno. The shop that dyno'ed did not build it and told him it was down on power compared to his motors by 70HP, (note this is a 2 barrel 358 so that is a HUGE factor). We'll it needed freshing so the guy let him do it. Took the Scat crank out, put in Crower, changed the camshaft, did his valve job, Tweaked the carb and put it back on the dyno. Got a 100HP increase. Bill was 10K. Best motor the 2nd engine guy had seen on his dyno. The customer was upset with my customer but look forward to the new power for the new season.
At the season opener, he qualified 20th, old motor was never out of the top 10. New motor was .25 tenths slower then old motor, but it did have 100HP MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fudging goes on, I know for a fact it does. But if it is done and the engine does not run the numbers then the engine builder has egg in his face. So they are going to get caught.
I think a dyno is a great tool, much easier to tune an engine and work the bugs out, but only as good and honest as the guy behind it.
Chris

78Eliminator
04-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Chris, I have heard your story, many, many times just in different flavors. Too bad. Lots of dishonest people in the business.

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Chris, I have heard your story, many, many times just in different flavors. Too bad. Lots of dishonest people in the business.
Time slips and mph dont lie, no correction factors, no magazine factors, just time and hp.

HBjet
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM
This is the point where the fine act of tuning comes into play.:p
Well, I ran 95mph last year with my BS 700hp motor and did nothing over the winter, and ran 95mph again this year. I think it's been fine tuned don't you?
HBjet

cstraub
04-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Thats why I dont give HP figures out with camshaft profiles.. my software was designed to calculate the cam not the HP. 100% of the time the figure I get is conservative by 10 or 15%.
Chris

HBjet
04-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Time slips and mph dont lie, no correction factors, no magazine factors, just time and hp.
What about tire condition/slippage? Driver error? Wouldn't that effect the time slip throwing all of your calculations off? Also, with a time slip, and mph or GPS reading how would you know how much HP you are making? What bases do you work off of? That data had to come from somewhere right? Maybe a Dyno?
You guys are too much.
HBjet

LakesOnly
04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Why don't you just build a 427 and spin the bejesus out of it?
Elim,
I am biting my toungue and stopping myself from inadvertently converting your thread into a huge Ford vs. Chevy fiasco...:rolleyes:
Suffice it to say that I know people that spin their BBF's to 8000 rpm for 18 seconds at a time, all season long, without teardown or failure. When freshened off-season, it is felt (during inspection) that the engine(s) may have just as well run another season...
I am holding onto the BBC block and crank because they may have some nostalgic/classic value...or maybe they'll end up in an old Nova or somethin'...
LO

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 10:04 AM
What about tire condition/slippage? Driver error? Wouldn't that effect the time slip throwing all of your calculations off? Also, with a time slip, and mph or GPS reading how would you know how much HP you are making? What bases do you work off of? That data had to come from somewhere right? Maybe a Dyno?
You guys are too much.
HBjet
It is simple math, you have a mass that you are moving at x mph and you can figure how much power it takes to move that mass in what ever you want hp, watts, hogs heads what ever. This was figured out long before dynos were "the shit" these dudes called engineers figured it out.
et dont mean shit to figure hp, it is mph in the lights, how do you think they know how much hp a fuel motor makes, since there are no dynos that can take it?

HBjet
04-16-2004, 10:11 AM
how do you think they know how much hp a fuel motor makes, since there are no dynos that can take it?
They call you?
HBjet:D

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Well, I ran 95mph last year with my BS 700hp motor and did nothing over the winter, and ran 95mph again this year. I think it's been fine tuned don't you?
HBjet
That is cool, you have a plug and play motor, I am sure you are like me in the fact the more you drink the faster the boat gets??:D :D :D

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by LakesOnly
Elim,
I am biting my toungue and stopping myself from inadvertently converting your thread into a huge Ford vs. Chevy fiasco...:rolleyes:
Suffice it to say that I know people that spin their BBF's to 8000 rpm for 18 seconds at a time, all season long, without teardown or failure. When freshened off-season, it is felt (during inspection) that the engine(s) may have just as well run another season...
I am holding onto the BBC block and crank because they may have some nostalgic/classic value...or maybe they'll end up in an old Nova or somethin'...
LO
OH come on lakes, call him out. Hows about a 427 ford with a chevy carb??:p

HBjet
04-16-2004, 10:25 AM
That is cool, you have a plug and play motor, I am sure you are like me in the fact the more you drink the faster the boat gets??:D :D :D
No, I'm not like you. The more I drink, the faster I need to take a piss. The boat stays the same speed.
HBjet

Jbb
04-16-2004, 10:27 AM
No, I'm not like you. The more I drink, the faster I need to take a piss. The boat stays the same speed.
HBjet
:D :D :D :D

cstraub
04-16-2004, 12:27 PM
You guys are a "rough crowd" When I fly out to see my mother in Sedona I'm going to look you Hava Water rats up. I'd like to sit my butt in one of these flat bottoms!!!!!!!
Chris

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 12:42 PM
HBjet
Thats it, I am clamping a 300hp merc on a john boat and going to come out and clean house. :D :D :D

Unchained
04-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I considered putting my turbo motor on a dyno but after hearing all the talk about optimistic numbers and correction factors I'm going to continue to tune it myself and rely on,
Wide band O2 sensor
EGT meter
Jet pump RPM (like having a portable dyno)
Haltech Datalog
With those tools I can continue to check it while I drive and not have to go through the hassel of bringing it to someone else and hope he doesn't screw something up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220turboenginerearview-med.jpg

HBjet
04-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Unchained
hassel of bringing it to someone else and hope he doesn't screw something up.
How would someone else screw something else up? They are going to run the dyno, but you can do all of your own tuning to the motor. If the motor fails, that's on the builder. Some people freak out with there motors on the dyno making pulls to RPM levels higher then your motor will go once its in the boat, but with my case, I didn't take delivery of the motor yet, so if something failed and the motor took a shit, its not my problem or money or time. Its on the builder, so pull away. If the thing is going to break, it will break on the dyno. We made 20+ pulls on my motor from 4500rpm to 6500rpm and my motor still runs strong.
My boat runs hard and that's what its all about!
HBjet

cyclone
04-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Ok, look. I am not trying to start drama here or anything. But I just want to make a little statement, or comment.
When you have a company (or person) build you a motor, wouldn't it be best to take it to a ma and pa machine shop dyno, somewhere far away from the builder's shop?
To me, having an engine built, and then dynoed by "his guy" is like using your Real Estate Agent's Home Inspector!
There is a big conflict of interest. Anyway, not trying to light a fire. I am pretty much under the impression that dynos are a big jack off anyway. Better to throw the boat/car/airplane in service and see the results.......
if you are referring to the two company's i think you are, they are about two hours away from each other when the traffic is bad. when the traffic is good, maybe 1.5 hours apart. so i dont think that's the case. :)

mirvin
04-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Is this some sort of arguement?
Mirvin:p

cyclone
04-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Here's the thing about dyno's. they benefit the guy who doesn't have access to race track or can't get his engine builder to the lake. its a tuning tool. You can tune the motor all you like at home, but i guarantee that once its on the dyno the technician or an engine builder will be able to find more power that you couldnt find at home or with a gps at the lake.
examples? i have many.
my last engine had 1 quart too much oil in the pan when i dyno'd it because the dipstick wasn't reading accurately. result= lost 28 hp. gained it back by draining the oil, measuring and putting the correct amount in.
my 1st run on the dyno was 150hp less than the final run. in between we changed the air bleeds on the carbs, jetting, power valves, valve lash, timing, numerous times, each one affecting the overall power output of the engine.
I ran three different types of headers, each one with different results. learned that the long collector bassetts made the most torque, that the short collector drag headers the most hp etc..
I changed rocker ratios and saw a difference in power....
take away the correction factor and my motor still gained a huge amount of measureable power through tuning it on the dyno and that is worth every penny of the dyno fee.
Now that the motor is correctly set up, i can take it to the track, read the plugs, watch the et's, rpm etc and go from there. The dyno isn't he end all be all of tuning tools, but it is worthwhile, especially if you dont have access to weather equipment and other apparatus that a professional builder would use at the track.
i highly suggest using a dyno to tune any motor rregardless of who built it.

flat broke
04-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Yeah but Mike,
You're just saying that cause you work for a Magazine. :D:rolleyes: :D
Chris

UBFJ #454
04-16-2004, 05:36 PM
If you have an engine builder build you a motor, the project isn't completed until he breaks it in and dyno's it ... AND ... If it Breaks during the dyno testing ... It should be His Problem, Not, Yours. Therefore, he, the builder, should choose the dyno.

Cs19
04-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Its pretty obvious the guys who dont beleive in dynos have never forked out the cash to give it a shot.
Kinda funny this thread shows up after Mark posts his numbers.Typical ***boat sheit.
You guys that are trying to say dynos are not worth it, really dont have a clue.Its the only way to go.

Blown 472
04-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cs19
Its pretty obvious the guys who dont beleive in dynos have never forked out the cash to give it a shot.
Kinda funny this thread shows up after Mark posts his numbers.Typical ***boat sheit.
You guys that are trying to say dynos are not worth it, really dont have a clue.Its the only way to go.
And you have spent how much time at the strip tuning?? you are right I dont have a clue but then I dont write a check for a motor, slap it in and talk shit either.
What even funnier is my buddy has his car dyno'd and it said he should be running 11.50's funny thing is the car runs 10.59 and no one can figure out why the big difference. I was useful cuz it picked up some hp by opening the plug gap otherwise a waste of time as his time slips prove it wrong. But then agian you know all about that right?

TIMINATOR
04-16-2004, 07:38 PM
What good does draining a quart of oil do when the boat is bouncing all over the lake? Ya still got that HP that the dyno showed? What about the gas in the float bowls bouncing around? Does that change the exactly perfect dyno jetting? Is the timing gonna be the same in the dry dyno room as on the lake with the humidity the air intake sees 5 feet above the water? For the $750.00 dyno fee, I'll buy $750.00 worth of better heads, or roller stuff and do my own jet , air bleed, and timing changes under the actual conditions I run in and call it good. I have tuned on our dyno and still found gains by tuning at the lake, I can't be the only one..... Not trying to change anyones mind, only report my experiences. Its only my OPINION, I could be wrong. TIMINATOR :)

wrightnow
04-16-2004, 10:48 PM
As I see it, DNE has been able to build a good amount of hp on his motors, some of you say can't be done. DNE does it because he is always testing on the dyno to see what works and find 10hp here and 10hp there. it all start to add up. I have yet to see a DNE motor that has not run right about where the dyno number came in.
I didnt post dyno number to get anyones approval, I posted them so you guys could come out to the river and prove them wrong...good luck....May 15 baby!!!
Mark

Blown 472
04-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by wrightnow
As I see it, DNE has been able to build a good amount of hp on his motors, some of you say can't be done. DNE does it because he is always testing on the dyno to see what works and find 10hp here and 10hp there. it all start to add up. I have yet to see a DNE motor that has not run right about where the dyno number came in.
I didnt post dyno number to get anyones approval, I posted them so you guys could come out to the river and prove them wrong...good luck....May 15 baby!!!
Mark
Now how is that possible? I have yet to see a weight and mph for anything he has built.

wrightnow
04-17-2004, 07:18 PM
Blown, I see DNE motors run all the time, I see there et and mph, so come on out and see for yourself it will help make you a believer....lol
Mark

flat broke
04-17-2004, 10:56 PM
And you have spent how much time at the strip tuning?? you are right I dont have a clue but then I dont write a check for a motor, slap it in and talk shit either.
What even funnier is my buddy has his car dyno'd and it said he should be running 11.50's funny thing is the car runs 10.59 and no one can figure out why the big difference. I was useful cuz it picked up some hp by opening the plug gap otherwise a waste of time as his time slips prove it wrong. But then agian you know all about that right?
So you mean to tell me that a person, Dyno'd their motor, dropped it in the car, and the car went quicker than someone's estimation of how quickly that much HP could accelerate the mass of the car?
Then you turn around and call bullshit on every dyno sheet put on the boards because there's not a time slip to back up the HP?
Your own experiences illustrate that estimation of MPH and ET based off of weight are subjective due to slippage,drag, and friction issues, yet you stick to this argument with boats where there are even more unknowns in terms of wetted area and drag?
Sounds to me like you choose the most convienent metric at the time to support your theory.
If the guy doesn't have a timeslip, they dyno sheets are BS and he isn't making that much power. If the guy has a timeslip and an dyno sheet and the car runs quicker than someone's mathematical "guestimation", the dyno sheet must still be wrong and the motor must therefore be making more power than what was measured on the dyno. Because after all, predicting the acceleration of a mass while figguring the afore mentioned variables of slippage, friction, and drag, is a far more precise art. :rolleyes:
I never spent much time at the car drags, and I'm definitely not one to be able to predict that x horsepower in a x lb car will go through the 1/4 in x amount of time. I am however well versed in the scientific method and "objective" reasoning models. And from my experience, your argument is always more subjective than objective in nature with regard to this topic. You state your opinion, then come up with data to support it. But never in the face of conflicting data do you revise your theory... because for you it's a belief. You feel/believe that dyno testing isn't valid, so you will always find fault with it. Nothing wrong with that, as it's your right to feel however you want, about whatever you want. But don't try to justify your "belief" as fact by proping it up with contradicting information. Give everyone here a little more credit than that.
BTW, as a cheap ass mo-fo when it comes to paying someone to do things that I feel I can do to a somewhat reasonable level myself.... I objectively looked at the cost to dyno my motor, in comparison the the overall cost of my motor. Trust me, $850 for a full day's dyno session is not an amount of money that easily passes through my hands. But when I looked the potential gain in performance through setup optimization on the dyno( cam timing changes, a/f ratio changes, spark timing changes), the $/hp ratio potential was better than my initial investment of the cost of parts/hp ratio, so why not do it. Furthermore, the reasons that HB and Bear have mentioned are valid as well. If it blows under the builders thumb, its a lot better than it blowing under yours. Then factor in the cost of doing extensive lake testing with various setups, the cost in lost revenue due to time spent on the lake, and the dyno becomes a pretty economical alternative to assist you in finding an efficient/reliable setup that will let you enjoy your time on the water, rather than spending weeks dialing in your motor before you can ever start on your running gear.
Believe what you want, and the other's can believe what they want, but don't try to pawn "beliefs" off as proven facts.
Chris

Blown 472
04-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
Blown, I see DNE motors run all the time, I see there et and mph, so come on out and see for yourself it will help make you a believer....lol
Mark
What does his dragster weigh with him in it wet and what does it mph ???? I know you can call him blah blah blah but I am sure with all you groupies haning around the shop all the time someone should know off the top of their head, cs19??

Blown 472
04-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
So you mean to tell me that a person, Dyno'd their motor, dropped it in the car, and the car went quicker than someone's estimation of how quickly that much HP could accelerate the mass of the car?
Then you turn around and call bullshit on every dyno sheet put on the boards because there's not a time slip to back up the HP?
Your own experiences illustrate that estimation of MPH and ET based off of weight are subjective due to slippage,drag, and friction issues, yet you stick to this argument with boats where there are even more unknowns in terms of wetted area and drag?
Sounds to me like you choose the most convienent metric at the time to support your theory.
If the guy doesn't have a timeslip, they dyno sheets are BS and he isn't making that much power. If the guy has a timeslip and an dyno sheet and the car runs quicker than someone's mathematical "guestimation", the dyno sheet must still be wrong and the motor must therefore be making more power than what was measured on the dyno. Because after all, predicting the acceleration of a mass while figguring the afore mentioned variables of slippage, friction, and drag, is a far more precise art. :rolleyes:
I never spent much time at the car drags, and I'm definitely not one to be able to predict that x horsepower in a x lb car will go through the 1/4 in x amount of time. I am however well versed in the scientific method and "objective" reasoning models. And from my experience, your argument is always more subjective than objective in nature with regard to this topic. You state your opinion, then come up with data to support it. But never in the face of conflicting data do you revise your theory... because for you it's a belief. You feel/believe that dyno testing isn't valid, so you will always find fault with it. Nothing wrong with that, as it's your right to feel however you want, about whatever you want. But don't try to justify your "belief" as fact by proping it up with contradicting information. Give everyone here a little more credit than that.
BTW, as a cheap ass mo-fo when it comes to paying someone to do things that I feel I can do to a somewhat reasonable level myself.... I objectively looked at the cost to dyno my motor, in comparison the the overall cost of my motor. Trust me, $850 for a full day's dyno session is not an amount of money that easily passes through my hands. But when I looked the potential gain in performance through setup optimization on the dyno( cam timing changes, a/f ratio changes, spark timing changes), the $/hp ratio potential was better than my initial investment of the cost of parts/hp ratio, so why not do it. Furthermore, the reasons that HB and Bear have mentioned are valid as well. If it blows under the builders thumb, its a lot better than it blowing under yours. Then factor in the cost of doing extensive lake testing with various setups, the cost in lost revenue due to time spent on the lake, and the dyno becomes a pretty economical alternative to assist you in finding an efficient/reliable setup that will let you enjoy your time on the water, rather than spending weeks dialing in your motor before you can ever start on your running gear.
Believe what you want, and the other's can believe what they want, but don't try to pawn "beliefs" off as proven facts.
Chris
wow talk about fluff factor you said a whole lot of nothing in bunch of bandwidth. Sorry I dont persricbe to the plug and play theroy, I enjoy working on my shit, I bulid it, I tune it I dont need some bullshit dyno telling me that I make x amout of hp.
fine example is the ****ing dyno my buddy took his car too, all day thrash and the dude tells him that it should run 11.50's, well this was after he did a bunch of work to it over the winter and it ran 10,59 at 124 last year, post dyno at the track where the bullshit stops it ran 10.55 at 127 off the trailer. two passes later runs 10.47 at 128. And the dyno said it was down on power, they are great tunning tools period. And for the yahooos that want to talk shit on the beach great for a piece of paper. And when they get spanked by a 300 hp outboard their reasoning will be?????????????????????????????

Cs19
04-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Blown, why would I share any numbers w/ you? Like we are going to get anywhere going that route. I know better than to get involved in your bullshit. I pretty much ignore all your posts now. Im bored so I replyed.
I guess being the national e.t record holder isnt enough for you.
Those guys have a no bullshit program, dont try to take some shots at it, you will only make a fool of yourself again.
If you wanna see some results why dont you fly your fat ass out to ming?Youll get the big picture out there, obviously your not getting it here.
You mentioned something about me tuning at the track or something like that..
Well i have not done any tuning out there yet, but when I do, Ill be tweaking hardware and driving skills not the motor, its ready to rock, making peak power.
We will make small changes for changing conditions of course, but It sure is a nice feeling knowing its ready to go.
Good Night.

Floored
04-18-2004, 05:03 AM
blown ET is torque and HP is mph. your buddys car is ETing well but way down on speed.127 mph is an 11.0 pass so he has his chassis and gearing working well but it isn't pulling on the top end. the new dyno's are way superior to the old stuska dyno they had for years at Keith Blacks shop, you may have heard of him. they give a wealth of useful information that gives you a baseline for fine tuning to your particular enviroment. don't throw away the hammer because you hit your thumb, learn how to hammer better.

Blown 472
04-18-2004, 06:49 AM
ya all is right.
CS19 year old, my ass isn't "that" fat.

cyclone
04-20-2004, 10:04 AM
hmm. this is interesting. i just ran my most recent numbers though the JPC that i got from LV Jet Boy and they match the uncorrected dyno numbers on my motor almost exactly. But if the dyno is BS, then how can that be??:D
6600 rpm, 111 mph, b-cut Legend/Heritage bronze impeller....

Blown 472
04-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cyclone
hmm. this is interesting. i just ran my most recent numbers though the JPC that i got from LV Jet Boy and they match the uncorrected dyno numbers on my motor almost exactly. But if the dyno is BS, then how can that be??:D
6600 rpm, 111 mph, b-cut Legend/Heritage bronze impeller....
Key word here "uncorrected"

HBjet
04-20-2004, 11:23 AM
Key word here "uncorrected"
So now your all about the corrected numbers right?

Blown 472
04-20-2004, 11:31 AM
So now your all about the corrected numbers right?
Nope, just sorta ironic that the motor has been on two dynos, one in a shop and one on the lake and the measured numbers are close, thus that is what the engine makes for power, unless the planets align and lasee comes home, but alas this will fall on deaf ears so it is kinda like pissing up a rope.