PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu Marina / Throttle Parade

carbonmarine
04-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Guys,
During the Poker Run you should really organize a Loud Parade and " Throttle In " ( like hippie sit in's ) throught the Marina
past the fuel docks, and turn around at the wide area by the launch ramp without touching a thing ....
This guy manages the REAL PROPERTY, not the WATERWAY thats the State of AZ .... He can construct fixed docks only with the permsision of the State which they have done and he cannot block a Waterway ..oh ! and all real noise laws go into effect
next year not this year ...
He'll do something stupid....
Everyone should meet in the channel... at a specified time and in a single file line..... proceed...
The thought of the tower scene in TOP GUN comes to mind....
****'em !
Rick :cool:

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 10:35 AM
LOL.. could you imagine the look on the guys face.. If this goes down.. someone should call the media first.. it would be great to document this guys reaction.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-16-2004, 10:39 AM
If I had the boat I would join.. but I would be more then happy to play.. bring the video cams and we can send it to someone.. of his reaction.. :eek: :eek:

WILDERTHANU
04-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
****'em !
Rick :cool:
YA **** 'EM!!!

Dr. Eagle
04-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm
that;d be kinda fun. Just wish I had my old Eliminator with the unmuffled twins.......
The Ultra isn't very loud...:(

PHOTOGLOU
04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
rick are you going this weekend if so I'm not going to behind your boat TOO LOUD

shadow
04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
If it's a plan count me in,My exhaust aint so loud but my stereo will piss him off.Subs will penetrate into that f%cks head and theres nothing he can do.except get pissed off:mad:What time?

hd&boatrider
04-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I think this is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time. I can't make it but it is an excellant idea.
get together and blast the asshole

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
We should do it sunday morning then head down to the springs for brunch..

dimarcobros
04-16-2004, 12:50 PM
LMAO!!! I can picture the guys jumping up and down like the tazmanian devil. LOL
DMB

shadow
04-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Better yet go tie up to the gas dock buy about 3$ worth of gas.
go back to the boat crank up the stereo and pump the gas reaaaaaaaaaaaal sloooooooow.:D
You would be given him 3 bucks but I think it'd be worth it.
I'll at least make it a point to idle through everytime I'm in the area.

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
LMAO!!! I can picture the guys jumping up and down like the tazmanian devil. LOL
DMB
Yep.. He's a little high strung..

Dave C
04-16-2004, 01:09 PM
I take it this guy that owns the marina is a prick?
If so, good give em hell.
I don't understand those that complain about a little noise at the lake. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Its like going into a liquor store and complaining about all the boose around.

LakeRacer
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Better yet go tie up to the gas dock buy about 3$ worth of gas.
go back to the boat crank up the stereo and pump the gas reaaaaaaaaaaaal sloooooooow.:D
You would be given him 3 bucks but I think it'd be worth it.
I'll at least make it a point to idle through everytime I'm in the area.
Or just make a banner proclaiming that everyone there is to piss him off and NOT BUY any gasoline.

Interceptor454
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
If I lived out there, I'd definitely join the party! Just pisses me off when people that run a business don't understand that without the customer, there is no business!
Sad thing is, location is everything, and it sounds like this a-hole knows it. Good luck, let us know how the 'scream by' works!:D

Reaper1
04-16-2004, 02:27 PM
The thought of the tower scene in TOP GUN comes to mind....
"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower" :cool:

Kachina26
04-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Name the day and time! Jackballs told me come on down first come first serve on short term slips, so I got up at 3:30 am rush out there bright and early, when I get there they tell me, "oh we won't have anything for months, snowbirds are still here". Why the heck did you tell me to get here early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jerks!!!:mad:

Scream
04-16-2004, 06:51 PM
Some dipshits are just not smart enough to realize the power of the Internet. Sounds like the bone head will have an anxiety attack. LOL

BajaMike
04-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Let's do it!!!:)

RiverPirate
04-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Never mide the parade, it would be over too quick. Hit and run him all weekend with say 3-5 boats at a time. Prolong his agony.:p

Mandelon
04-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Flash Mob!! Pull in, tie up the docks and blockade the ramp!!! Give em Hell!!! :D

bordsmnj
04-17-2004, 12:30 AM
i wonder if there's a law against parking ten feet trom the dock wipping out the "firehose" and showing him what i think of his attitude after a morning of my drinking much coffee. and THEEEN making sure my motor is properly warmed up before proceeding to leave. oh, and this summer i don't think 3 bucks will buyt more than a gallon of gas:mad:

Kilrtoy
04-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Wow, call HB they will cover it and it will show up 10 months later.....

Debbolas
04-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Maybe they could have a BEST/WORST Marina list.....
each issue.
We could write letters to the editor...
(this is my 500th post!)
:D
:)

C-2
04-17-2004, 11:52 AM
PLEASE DON’T DO THIS THE WEEKEND OF THE POKER RUN!
It’s bad enough the Coast Guard was seriously trying to shut down the lake to all spectators for the event – please don’t give them more ammo to use.
No matter what would happen – they would always remember it was the “poker run” boats.
:)

Havasu_Dreamin
04-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
i wonder if there's a law against parking ten feet trom the dock wipping out the "firehose" and showing him what i think of his attitude after a morning of my drinking much coffee.
All it takes in one complaint to the PD and you are busted for indecent exposure and then you get to register as a sex offender the rest of you life. Is it really worth that? I don't think so.
C-2 is right, don't do it the weekend of the poker run, they will remember it being the poker run boats, the large and loud boats, the ones they do onot like, and then they will have won.
What will be interesting is the number of large poker run boats that will undoutbedly launch there next weekend and how mnay smaller, but still greater than 25 ft boats, that they turn away for lentgh or noise. My 525 is not even close in noise level to a 46 Skater with twin 1300 Sterlings.

FastTimmy
04-17-2004, 03:40 PM
I think the hit and run thing is a good idea. It is also true we should not do anything until the weekend after the poker run. From this point on I will do at least one hit and run per day to the marina. However I do think us getting organized and doing a parade or a ten minute blockade will be a much greater show of unity then just pissing them off and giving them more amo by cruising in and bugging.
But anyway I say
F*%k Them:cool:
They aren't cool. Just to fat to see there small dicks...
Timmy

Havasu Cig
04-17-2004, 06:09 PM
He has already told me that people with large boats are assholes, so I don't think it matters if it happens the same weekend as the poker run.
It will be interesting to see who launches there. Last time I got into an argument with him about Gibson's 39' MTI being aloud to launch there, but all the other "large" boats being turned away, he stated that Gibson "slipped through". I say bullshit, he is picking and choosing who gets to launch.
And by the way, the manager does not own the Marina so he does not give a $hit what people think, that is one of the problems. I wrote to the owner last year and got no response.:mad:

Essex502
04-19-2004, 07:05 AM
If you guys do it the Poker Run weekend only bad stuff is going to happen to the Poker Run in future events. The first time you all idle into the marina with loud exhausts will probably trigger a call to the local authorities and the next time in you're likely to find the "noise police" whom you really don't want to meet. Arizona has noise laws on the books specifically the J1970 shoreline test that you're liable to fail if you push it. While I support the concept the application of it may be more troublesome.

Krumbsnatcher
04-19-2004, 01:38 PM
I was booted last weekend for being to loud.
lets get him!!!
The poker run is getting slammed becuase the lake is under patroled for the fastest boats and the speeds they carry.
Think about how many close calls there are with jet-ski's the old coast gaurd auxillary patrol can barely see, that is the problem.
Better education to all non poker run boaters would be my suggestion. Half of these boaters have no clue on what is going to really happen.
just my .02

jackpunx
04-19-2004, 02:22 PM
hopfully they will get a quick wake up call when they see a 40' skater tinkering towards them at 150

cigarette1
04-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
If you guys do it the Poker Run weekend only bad stuff is going to happen to the Poker Run in future events. The first time you all idle into the marina with loud exhausts will probably trigger a call to the local authorities and the next time in you're likely to find the "noise police" whom you really don't want to meet. Arizona has noise laws on the books specifically the J1970 shoreline test that you're liable to fail if you push it. While I support the concept the application of it may be more troublesome.
I'm not quite with this logic ...
Are you saying that the only way larger/louder boats will ever be accepted by this marina is for this azzhole to LIKE us. He will never like our style whether you blast him or respect him.
The marina needs to open up because it is the RIGHT thing to do.
I wonder what would happen if insurance companies attempted to collect from damages incurred on lager/louder boats because the safest/deepest and wind protected ramp refused the larger/louder boats and sent them into a hazardous situation like Windsor.
I say, **** 'em ..... parade like a mofo'
:mad:

carbonmarine
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
As the town drunk in Blazzing Saddles once said "
" rryyyyyyyyyraw, rrryyyyyyraaaaa ! "
Rick32

Kachina26
04-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Any other place I CAN slip my boat that weekend? Has to be on the AZ side and have some sort of security, not London Bridge.

cigarette1
04-19-2004, 03:38 PM
I for one, will patronize the marina's fuel dock.
I will, at least once, take my time docking, giving the attendant my credit card, commence (slowly) pumping $5.00 on one side, clean up any drippings, put fill cap back on, remove fill cap on port side ... oops, someone turned off the pump (get that started), commence pumping another $5.00, cleanup any drippings from that side, walk back to the attendant to get the credit card that didn't go through, give them another (bad) credit card, wait for them to return it, go back to the boat and screw around looking for my cash, return to the attendant with a $10 bill, oops ... forgot to get a bottle of water ... damn it, wife had to go pee, fire up engines while waiting for wife then pull away from dock with a blip of the throttle.
I would hope there will be more than a few bigger/louder boats waiting in line to do the same.
:D :D :D

MudPumper
04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
As the town drunk in Blazzing Saddles once said "
" rryyyyyyyyyraw, rrryyyyyyraaaaa ! "
Rick32
************!!!!!!:D

Scream
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
And by the way, the manager does not own the Marina so he does not give a $hit what people think, that is one of the problems. I wrote to the owner last year and got no response.:mad:
This is one little factoid I don't see being exploited much...If the name and address of the OWNER is given out, let say, in a PUBLIC FORUM...and a group or groups of dedicated ENTHUSIASTS deem it necessary to ENLIGHTEN said OWNER by use of WRITTEN COMMUNICATION of the intollerable conditions proscribed by an AIMLESS EMPLOYEE of afformentioned OWNER...
Perhaps the bastard would get the general idea that WE don't like the crap his EMPLOYEE is dishin out. If I were to be the target of a letter writing campaign against one of my employees, I'd take some sort of action. One letter will get a "he's just disgruntled because there's no room for him" attitude, but if a whole community get behind this then it can become more of an issue for the weasle.
Just thinking outloud mind you...
Scream <--------- hopin I don't have to use this pricks services

Ducatista
04-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Screams got a good point. The owner needs to know his place of bussiness in being boycotted, and it's because of this one employee who has a problem.

Havasu Cig
04-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I think you n your boyz oughta have a "Team Meeting" about this post here.. Seems to me that you guys being one of the larger (if not arguably the largest) boat clubs on Lake Havasu, it would behoove (sp)the club to take the lead in action against said prick manager of the marina. Shooting it down becuase it might piss off one guy and potentially put your Poker Run in a bad light? You guys as a group theoretically have the most pull, and in my mind should be on the fore front of this.. not on the otherside, especially considering the fact that realistically it's plausible that your Poker Run may have had an impact on the new rules of the marina. The Run attracts more performance orientated boats to Lake Havasu then any other event that I can think of..
I think at a Minimum if the AHBA as a whole isn't going to take a stand on the issue that they should have the Poker Runners themselves boycott the marina especially during the event as a sign of protest. The only way these people are going to change is if it starts affecting there income.
RD <----- shoulda ran for president of the AHBA when I had the chance. :D
You have a very good point RD....When I had my last conversation with Jeff he was ranting about assholes in big boats and did mention he had problems with people during the poker run. He might have been full of shit, but is was mentioned.

HavasuDreamin'
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
All it takes is for this a-hole to call the cops, then people start getting tickets for excessive noise.........then he has won again! :mad:
The bottom line is none of this will amount to a hill of beans unless you hit them in the pocket book, for more than just a day.
Word has to get out, and people have to stop patronizing this place. Period!

Essex502
04-20-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by cigarette1
I'm not quite with this logic ...
Are you saying that the only way larger/louder boats will ever be accepted by this marina is for this azzhole to LIKE us. He will never like our style whether you blast him or respect him.
The marina needs to open up because it is the RIGHT thing to do.
I wonder what would happen if insurance companies attempted to collect from damages incurred on lager/louder boats because the safest/deepest and wind protected ramp refused the larger/louder boats and sent them into a hazardous situation like Windsor.
I say, **** 'em ..... parade like a mofo'
:mad:
Cig1
It's not a matter of "liking you" but the reality of what the SOB is likely to do if you guys parade. You'll probably end up with the noise police and almost all of our boats will fail the current noise laws. I wouldn't push the issue in this manner - I am only suggesting finding another method...

Essex502
04-20-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Havasu-Dreamin, you have a 525 in your 21 Essex?
RD
Dave...he upgraded to a 29' Alandra powered by the HP525...I tested this boat under the CA noise law specs going into effect Jan 1 and he "blew" 100dB-A. Very loud. Loudest stock Merc we've tested so far.

Essex502
04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
A Havasu local should be able to go to the county clerk's office and find the owner of record and his address. Since it is public land and a lease there must be a some record on file of the owner's address - even if it is a business address or PO Box. Letters to the owner may get some attention...letters, had written to the local newspapers might also work.

Debbolas
04-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Or in Hot Boat Magazine....................

lurid
04-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Here is the info on Address of owner from Secretary of State, Click on annual reports and find other Names involved and info, I hope it helps
http://starpas.cc.state.az.us/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=00993884&type=CORPORATION

carbonmarine
04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Domestic Address:
RICHARD L. MCCARY CPA
2250 MCCULLOCH STE J
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ 86403
(928) 855-4000
** Flood this guy with calls..... make him aware of the Mngrs arbitrary actions, the boycott and anything else....
** THIS GUY TALKS TO MCCOLUGHH PROBLY ONCE A WEEK OR MORE ...He's the money guy.......
Rick32:cool:

lurid
04-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Jeff Bekkedahl is the manager and VP
Addr
305 Buccanerr Lane
Lake Havasu, city

Havasu Cig
04-20-2004, 05:54 PM
I received some info that the City might be more connected to the Marina than was previously known, at least by the people on this board.
I am waiting for more info from this person (I don't know if they want to be known) and will let everybody know what I find out.
It might give us more leverage as a group to go after the Marina if this info is true.

Essex502
04-21-2004, 06:31 AM
I did get a nice letter back from the mayour of LHC last year when I wrote to state our opinions on the management of the LHC Marina. But...essentially he said that the city officials could do nothing and I should contact the Bureau of Tourism?? What's that gonna' do?