PDA

View Full Version : eliminator tunnel hull

tahiti77
03-31-2006, 10:02 AM
i am buying a 1990 eliminator 207 edge 21 ft tunnel hull. i am puting my 800 horsepower 496 in it . does anyone know how this boat performs? is it a good 100 mph hull?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-31-2006, 10:29 AM
all day!!

jet4fun
03-31-2006, 09:26 PM
1990 eliminator 207 edge 21 ft tunnel hull
maybe i'm missing something here? but is it an eliminator daytona, or a 21 ft edge?????????? or did eliminator make a 21 ft tunnel named something other than a daytona???

jet4fun
03-31-2006, 11:23 PM
first of all, to answer the first question... (if it is a daytona 21 or edge 21) i would say go ahead and drop the mill in it. it will be a hell of a runner...if its a different boat, then i dont know because i dont know what boat you're talking about ..........................
now, change of subject
If I remember correctly, Eliminator made the 207 Skier up until about 1997 (?). They also made the 234 Edge, don't remember the dates. The 207 was a heavy stable boat but it was not a tunnel hull and to put 800 hp in one - what's the point? Big bucks to upgrade the drive or if you were to put 800 hp in the jet version of the 207 it wouldn't be all that fast. Used to run a 95 207 jet on the strip and it'd beat the heck outta you on a rough day.
Rio
wow, did you not read what i said? or did i not make my question clear enough :hammerhea ... he said tunnel hull :idea: that is what i am asking about
p.s. the fact that this question was asked under the "just jets" forum would lead me to believe that he is inquiring about a jet boat setup :rollside:

steelcomp
03-31-2006, 11:45 PM
wow, did you not read what i said? or did i not make my question clear enough ... he said tunnel hull that is what i am asking about Which question?...I think you asked three questions, but about the tunnel,
Quote: riodog The 207 was a heavy stable boat but it was not a tunnel hull
Sounds pretty clear to me. :rolleyes:

jet4fun
03-31-2006, 11:58 PM
he is inquiring about a tunnel hull, as it says in the first post. why is rio talking about a 207 skier "its not a tunnel".............. did i miss something?

beerjet
04-01-2006, 12:16 AM
i am buying a 1990 eliminator 207 edge 21 ft tunnel hull. i am puting my 800 horsepower 496 in it . does anyone know how this boat performs? is it a good 100 mph hull?
I dont know what either is so what the hell is really gion on here.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Ive got popcorn for everyone:D
Ding
Ding
Ding
Fight!!!!!!!!!

LUVNLIFE
04-01-2006, 05:32 AM
The Eliminator Edge is a ModV hull. It is not a tunnel hull. They were kinda replaced by the Eliminator Eagle or that's the way it seems to me. Since this is in Just Jets and it is the 20.7 I would imagine it is the jet version of the boat. Someone will chime in here with some firsthand experiance on actually owning one. :rollside:

bordsmnj
04-01-2006, 09:46 AM
i thought the edge/phantom where the tom papp version of the daytona and NOT a modvp at all.

bordsmnj
04-01-2006, 09:47 AM
pass the popcorn. ....and wheres my coffee???

steelcomp
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
he is inquiring about a tunnel hull, as it says in the first post. why is rio talking about a 207 skier "its not a tunnel".............. did i miss something?
Some call what the 207 is, a tunnel. As Luvnlife said, (and so did rio), it's not really a tunnel, it's a mod-vp. I call my Bahner a tunnel, but it's really not, it's a mod vp, as well. So in his first post, tahiti77 really isn't inquiring about a "tunnel", as in Daytona, Stealth, Edge, etc. Those are entrapment hulls, and true tunnels. Common mistake.
The 207 "Edge" was Eliminator's name for this model, and has nothing to do with the Edge tunnel hull. It's a little confusing.
i thought the edge/phantom where the tom papp version of the daytona and NOT a modvp at all.You thought right about them not being a mod vp. I'm not sure about the "Tom Papp version of the Daytona" though. :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
04-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Ive got popcorn for everyone:D
Ding
Ding
Ding
Fight!!!!!!!!!
I've got the beer keg 396, already tapped!! Send that corn this direction my man!! :argue: :argue: :argue:

steelcomp
04-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey Steel, did you get your project done? Iffin you get bored or have nothin to do, LOL, I have a set of aluminum heads that need a lil work. lol
Rio
LOL...not quite...I come in from the garage every once in a while and check to see what kind of trouble i can stir up...you guys oughta know better than to listen to me! :D :rolleyes:
AFA the heads, maybe later this year...no more projects for now. I'm definately over this one and wish it would just be DONE!!! :cry:
Hey, what's on tap??

bordsmnj
04-01-2006, 05:24 PM
21 daytona(edge,whatever) wasn't really ment for an out drive. for that they made the 22. at least thats what i've heard here before. maybe search that here somewhere. 800 horse would probably kill yuh in that thing in front of an out drive. easily 120mph with the right x demension(sp?)

stoker2001
04-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I will try to help,Elim Daytona is a mod-Vp bottom,which has a center pod.A true tunnel is not to jet pump friendly as you would just suck air :hammer2: if you were able to get it on plane?the most popular true tunnel big boat is a Douglas Skater,hope this helps :rolleyes:

LUVNLIFE
04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
You are right. What I mean is that the Edge is a modified V hull, not a mod vp. You need the center pod for a jet as a true tunnel will not work. The eliminator Edge is not either a true tunnel or a tunnel with a center pod, but a modifiedvv hull, similiar to say a Stoker.

pce680
04-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I will try to help,Elim Daytona is a mod-Vp bottom,which has a center pod.A true tunnel is not to jet pump friendly as you would just suck air :hammer2: if you were able to get it on plane?the most popular true tunnel big boat is a Douglas Skater,hope this helps :rolleyes:
:argue:
The Eliminator Daytona is NOT a mod vp.The Daytona was designed by Ron
Ede as a true jet tunnel boat for Bob Leach at Eliminator Boats in 1976.
All the others are exact copys or improved tunnels like the Cheyenne or
Edge race boats by Tommy Papp which originated also from a Daytona. :cool:

stoker2001
04-02-2006, 12:40 AM
:argue:
The Eliminator Daytona is NOT a mod vp.The Daytona was designed by Ron
Ede as a true jet tunnel boat for Bob Leach at Eliminator Boats in 1976.
All the others are exact copys or improved tunnels like the Cheyenne or
Edge race boats by Tommy Papp which originated also from a Daytona. :cool:pce, you make some good points,but the Daytona is considered a mod vp tunnel and not a true tunnel as you have to have a center pod for jetdrive to pick up water.A mod vp has a center pod with two outside sponsons with two air intrapment tunnels fore and aft.A true tunnel has no center pod,just two outside sponsons and one huge air tunnel fore and aft.Luvenlife,for the record all Stoker sport tunnels are mod vp design just like the Daytonas,the only diff is the Stoker is a needle nose and daytona is picklefork nose.Call Leach and get a second opinoun :cool:

Fast Freddy
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
a skater is a catamaran
a 19 ft daytona is a tunnel
a mod vp is cobras tri-hulled viper sxt & california performance's gull wing
a mod vp or tri-hull has to have a V in the center which the daytona does not have therefore a daytona is a tunnel. it has nothing to do with whether the boat has a jet or a prop.
a skater is a cat because no part of the center of the boats hull touches the water
its all about the boats hull design not the drives

stoker2001
04-02-2006, 08:28 AM
You are correct. When referring to a Cat, we are usually speaking of a two hulled boat = tunnel hulls. The boat pictured is not a true cat nor is it a true tunnel (STV,Datona,Stoker) hull, it is a highly modified V Bottom. In the "old days" of racing, we used to run V-bottom boats that were generally production hulls. Some of the manufacturers found they could pack air under the hulls and get more speed so they introduced the modified V bottom production hull. In the early days, these boats were much faster than the standard v's, and the class of racing became known as the MOD V-P ( modified V, Production class). This boat had a center pad, lower than the runners on either side and a tunnel on each side of the center pad. Later, a pad was added to the true V-Bottoms and they became faster so that today there are folks that prefer a V-bottom with a pad such as the Allison, and some folks prefer modified V-bottom such as the STV,Daytona,Stoker which is shown. True tunnels are the boats they have no center running pad. Generally, the term Catamaran or Cat is reserved for the larger ocean racing boats or two hulled sailing boats. A california perf gullwing bottom is just that,shaped like a gullwing but surely it does not pack/trap air like a Stv,Daytona or Stoker.The Stv Euro in pic was doing 128 on Gps with 2.5 liter and no poweradder :crossx: note the efficient attitude and no high roostertail a thttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1052helmutSTV.jpg

LUVNLIFE
04-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Here is a picture of the Eliminator Edge I was refering to. It is the 23 with an outdrive. If Tahiti77 is refering to a Edge from Papp we all know what they look like. Maybe Tahiti will get on here and exactly which boat he is asking about.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/449today_011.jpg

stoker2001
04-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for posting the pic luvnlife,i didnt know Eliminator made a Mod-Vp with a needlenose :cool:

LUVNLIFE
04-03-2006, 04:28 AM
No problem :cool: :rollside:

bigblockbill
04-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Here is a picture of the Eliminator Edge I was refering to. It is the 23 with an outdrive. If Tahiti77 is refering to a Edge from Papp we all know what they look like. Maybe Tahiti will get on here and exactly which boat he is asking about.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/449today_011.jpg
Whats up with the rope? :)

LUVNLIFE
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
That is A Catered Life's boat, I don't remember what the deal was. :cool: