PDA

View Full Version : how do I post a video..

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2004, 05:37 PM
I want to know if anyone knows how to post a video.. it seems to be too big to host at hb and hbp.com.. any help..
I also do not know how to shrink it so it's not so big.. Ha Ha Ha..
I donot have photo chop or anything like that. is there any other way to do it? thanks..:D :confused: :D :confused:

payloan
04-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I know a few fattys who could help you shrink it from back in my dark days. As far as the video, I'm no help,still trying to post a damn picture I cant figure it out! Could you help me there?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by payloan
I know a few fattys who could help you shrink it from back in my dark days. As far as the video, I'm no help,still trying to post a damn picture I cant figure it out! Could you help me there?
have you put them in the image gallery here yet?;)

payloan
04-17-2004, 06:03 PM
No the farthest I have gotten is 1) I put my digital chip in my computer. 2) there is no 2 Help me please. Afterall it's only Saturday evening (like we aint got better things to do, well O.K. I don't anyways)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2004, 06:06 PM
No the farthest I have gotten is 1) I put my digital chip in my computer. 2) there is no 2 Help me please. Afterall it's only Saturday evening (like we aint got better things to do, well O.K. I don't anyways)
o.k if you have the pics on the chip you should be able to download them to your computer.. have you done that yet?;)

payloan
04-17-2004, 06:12 PM
No, and did I tell you I had nothin better to do this evening? And did I fail to mention that I am computer illiterate? Where do I download it to? Come on help a fellow boater in a time of need. Take me through the steps and check on me every now and again. THANKS! in advance :D :D :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2004, 06:15 PM
No, and did I tell you I had nothin better to do this evening? And did I fail to mention that I am computer illiterate? Where do I download it to? Come on help a fellow boater in a time of need. Take me through the steps and check on me every now and again. THANKS! in advance :D :D :D :D
thats o.k I'm not to smart about it either but I will try..
do you have anything on the computer that has a place for photos such as my pictures.. you should be able to down load them into that.. there should be a step by step ;)

payloan
04-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah I have Photo Impact. I'll try and follow there step by step. Do I download them to ***boat.com?

mickeyfinn
04-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting a video:
First the video will be too big for HB's image gallery. You will need to find some web space to host it for you. Usually your ISP will give you 10 or 20 meg of space for free. Or if you do a search in google for free web space you will find some there. I think yahoo, geocities and some others offer 25 meg. You will usually need to download some ftp software to get the video to your webspace. If you goto ws-ftp's web site they have a free version for individuals. If the video is WAY large (read that to mean bigger than your free webspace) you will need to shrink it. The easiest way is if you have Windows XP you can use windows moviemaker to do it. Not the best but it is included with the OS. Once you have the video the size that you want and you have it copied to your webspace then you just insert a hyperlink into your post for people to click on and view the video!!
This sounds like a lot but is pretty simple to do if you just attack it one step at a time.
Have fun

Kindsvater Flat
04-17-2004, 06:52 PM
email it to me and I can edit it to shrink and post it on my server.
mike@schoutenranch.com

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-17-2004, 07:50 PM
thanks everybody.. sorry I had kid stuff to take care of.. thanks again..;) :D