PDA

View Full Version : Accident

you'll learn
04-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Had somebody fall asleep at the wheel and wiped my truck out and boat and camper damage plus my garage.The person was not under the influence and I am located in the middle of the block.This guy had full coverage via murcury ins,but did not pay renewal till after accident.His renewal was due on 3-15-04 and paid the renewal on4-4-04,We are fighting the insurence company and waiting to see if they will cover,it is under investigation now.My boat was in my drive way and camper as well.No insurence on boat due to restoring and being a high performance boat over the transom headers.Most insurence won't cover.I am stuck because of damage to boat and estimates.Gary's auto in san fernando is a marine survarior.does anybody know of this guy?.He is telling me boat will cost 10.000 dollars to repair.The damage I see is trailer plus some of hull,but the structure is still intact.Any Ideas out there?.

C-2
04-17-2004, 10:51 PM
What about your Homeowners insurance and in the alternative, uninsured motorist on the truck?
If he was between past due and cancellation - then chances are they'll deny the claim.
PM me the info on the other guy, I'll see what I can find out.

you'll learn
04-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Allstate insurence,home owners is covering the home damage and boat upto $2000 on boat,but I am tryin to find out if there is a umbrella policy.The truck has uninsured,but the deductable is $500.00 and home is $1000.

C-2
04-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Like I said, Private Mail me the info (or email), I'll check out the guy who did the damage, will let you know if he is worth pursuing. Small claims is still an option for your deductibles.
most umbrellas are personal liabilty only - not applicable here if it's your umbrella. If it's his - woo hoo!
cbassham1@charter.net

BGMAN203
04-17-2004, 11:20 PM
I thought that insurance companies had to officially notify you if they were droping your coverage, not matter what the circumstances are, even if you haven't paid. If this is true, then he is technically still covered by them. The only way they could proove that he wasn't insured is to show some kind of evidence of a notification of cancellation....like a certified mail reciept or something like that. Either way your shit is still ****ed up. I am sorry to hear this happened to you.

leibniz
04-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Maybe you have the last resort option of small claims court?
Just a thought.

v-drive
04-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by riodog
If I remember correctly, after your expiration date, or date your premium is due, you have 10 days coverage by state law. After that your SOL.
Rio
almost this same thing happened to me Only not so severe. I'm sorry to say I was the one that did the damage. I had arranged to make a late insurance payment on a Wednesday evening and had the accident on a Friday morning (payday)and to make it short the insurance company not only would not cover the accident they canceled me. I fought some through an attorney and had the cancellation reversed but still had to pay for the accident. Good luck.. v-drive:cool: