PDA

View Full Version : It's a "VACATION"...THATS IT!!!!

BILLY.B
04-18-2004, 06:16 AM
Due to some recent talks this week :mad: I feel I need to clear a few things up. By no stretch of the imagination is this "VACATION" to be concidered an "EVENT"!!!!!!!!!. There are no clocks set up for racing. There are no bouys set up for going round and round and round. There are no poker run games. And the reason it's all or for the most part v-drives is because thats what we all have. There's nothing going on here other then a bunch of good friends getting together and having a good time. So if you think otherwise you might as well stay HOME!!!!. I also know that there is alot of "BULLSHIT TALK" that goes on with other threads concerning Needles, but thats all it is, is "BULLSHIT". Without all the "BACK STABING" BS talk could you imagine how boring these past few weeks would of been???. As all of you are aware the areas in which we can go and run these type of boats (LOUD) is dwindleing. I don't care if it's a JET BOAT...An OFFSHORE BOAT...Or a V-DRIVE BOAT. The problem still exsist. To many "HIGH DOLLAR HOMES" being built and as I was told by a PARKER SHERIFF, and "THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SHIT" ( BIG HOME OWNER'S). That is why we have to be thankfull for what we have and respect the local police and residents of Needles. Needles Marina asked if we would keep the noise down until 7:00am, NO PROBLEM. And to please be carefull of the dreaded unexperienced "PWC" rider. All we want here is to hang out and have a GREAT time without all the hassels. So please, use your head, be careful, and most of all have a good time. I would "HATE :mad: ) to have my "VACATION" ruined by "A-HOLE" who wasn't paying attention or using his head.

RaysonKid
04-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Well put Billy.
We are facing those same issues and problems up this way.
It only take's one A-hole to make it worse for everyone.
Sounds like there will be a lot of boats showing up.
Everyone have a great time, but be safe.
Maybe some of us boys from the Northwest can make it down there sometime.

wsuwrhr
04-18-2004, 06:59 AM
That's what I am saying, I went last year. I saw passes being laid down, but I didn't see ANY boats racing. It's too bad the people causing shit are newbies that noone has ever heard about, or people using an alternate name.
I would hope people are aware of the possible consequences of their false shit-stirring. If law enforcement reads these
posts what do you think is going to happens shitheads?
This is a low-key deal, and it will stay that way. There are no side by side drags, turn pins, or timing lights set up. Come on.
You guys with the hot keyboards please cool down, have a beer, and think about what you are posting(for once).
Brian

Dragboat Dad
04-18-2004, 07:17 AM
I couldn't agree more with what you said Biily. For me, it's about being around the people and boats. I look forward to seeing everyone and what they have done over the winter to their boats. As a group, I hope our aotions are viewed as responsible and considerate. And most of all, I hope we don't have to make any rescues.

dossangers
04-18-2004, 07:28 AM
!!!!!!!! WARNING ASSHOLES NOT WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
04-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Totally Understood Billy. Looking forward to meeting new people and having fun. I must warn you though, this is MYVACATION and I expect some damn breakfast in the morning. JANICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D
and that goes for Big Boobs Malone

wsuwrhr
04-18-2004, 08:43 AM
It's my vacation too. I like free food.
I guess I forgot to tell the wife I wanted to leave Wednesday night instead of Thursday. OOPS.
Brian

roostwear
04-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Your right about these deals being called "events". For the Freeboard Challenged deal at Big River, I put together a FAQ page so everyone (including LE) know EXACTLY what it is. I hate to be hardcore, but I don't need someone with a hyperactive keyboard hanging my ass out legally.

Rexone
04-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Hyperactive keyboard, here on ***boat? You gotta be kiddin. :rolleyes:

Morg
04-18-2004, 03:14 PM
That's it,
With this kind of attitude I'm not bringing my boat.
& I was all looking forward to being a bad ass.
I guess I'll just go for the food.
Kid

Kindsvater Flat
04-18-2004, 03:24 PM
I know if I go I'm not going to bring a boat. I would rather eat, drink, and find Mary!:D

Sangerboy
04-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
I know if I go I'm not going to bring a boat. I would rather eat, drink, and find Mary!:D
I'm glad you clarified that Mike, I've heard that there's more than a few NorCal residents who would rather be Mary than find her:eek:

Hud
04-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Seriously, just a "Vacation" !!! Watch your P's & Q's!!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/11918760-1f_1_.GIF Yes, that's Mary!!:D

Fiat48
04-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Dang! I thought this was Mary
http://home.comcast.net/~SixShine/vz1.gif

Morg
04-18-2004, 04:26 PM
This is a no brainer,
My vote is for Fiat's Mary.

Hud
04-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh Man, that's what I'm talkin bout! Ever so "NICE":p :p :rolleyes: :D

HM
04-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by dossangers
!!!!!!!! WARNING ASSHOLES NOT WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!
Damn - I was just working on trying not to be "such" an asshole, then I get hit with this!! Maybe next year - I gotta work in baby steps. :D

smalls
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Can I get a Lap Dance???????

BGF KING
04-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Well put Billy. Myself and "Hot Tuna" are looking forward to a relaxing vacay.
Hey Billy, what time should I show up for Breakfast, chiefy?
Randall

DUNDUN
04-18-2004, 06:58 PM
I read loud and clear Billy, I can't wait. Honestly, Would you guys look down on people with jet boats and PWC's at needles? Some people I know who have a jet boat and a couple stand-ups are comming with us to needles. (The owners of the jet and pwc's aren't assholes and aren't the stereotype punks that ruin the fun for all).
Fiat, Will mary be there? :D

TNT MOTORSPORTS
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
VACATION :) THATS IT 4 ME. JUST A LITTLE TIME AWAY .SURE IS A LOT OF WORK TO GET READY BUT IT WILL BE ALL WORTH IT IN THE END. 5 MORE DAYS TILL BLAT OFF:D :D :cool: :cool:

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 10:12 PM
I remember when Billy and his family went to Needles 'to get away from work'. The next year, others came to 'spend time with the "B" family. No one ever 'organizied' anything, it "just happened". So now a "ton" of people are showing up at Needles and Mr. "B" is not really the 'organizer' of anything, but it's called "HIS" event. Each person IS RESPONSIBLE for HIS/HER own actions. This deal has always been a 'low key deal' and everone should keep that in mind. I think the 'cooking over a fire' is just as important as the boat stuff, so please remember, this is a "family gathering" and not a 'place to race', and show off in a dangerous manner! I think it's a "love in", with 25000,00 horse power! It's a time to 'feel good'! God bless us and those like us!!

Jetboatguru
04-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Hey George,
Are you gonna make it out to Needles?

bigkatboat
04-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Tony, I'm tryin' to get out there on Friday, I want to see you (all of your fingers and toes) intact. I'm happy you have gone so far in such a short time. I heard that Jim was working on cars? I'm workin' on a little 20' boat that I built a few years ago. The new owner is a 'real V-drive guy', and it runs pretty good. We are trying to get Hot Boat to come down and do a piece on this "vacation", and his boat. We (Kathy and I) prayed for Steve and it was a sudden loss, you MUST be careful, EVERONE GUNS for the 'one on top' and they have nothing to loose. The "wacka" guys have no idea how hard a V-drive PULLS to 1000 feet. We want to be at BBSP! We'll bring our 'blender boat'.

Jetboatguru
04-18-2004, 10:44 PM
I appreciate the comments about Steve. He was a good man. I am looking forward to seeing you out there. I am getting there Sunday night a week from now and plan on making a trip into Havasu. Give me directions to the shop so we can catch up. Take care,
Tony

LVjetboy
04-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Seems a grandfather noise law should apply. Build a high dollar home near an airport and no more jets? Somehow catering to their wishes just not right. The noise was there before they built. PWC noise on the other hand? Just plain annoying no matter.
jer

Highlimit9000
04-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Billy, Hopefully it goes off just like last year. Food, Family and Friends...All hanging out and relaxin! Sounds like alot more Boats. If we all police ourselves, the real Police will need not get involved! Hope to see everyone...Corleone...

roostwear
04-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Hyperactive keyboard, here on ***boat? You gotta be kiddin. :rolleyes:
Go figure

superdave013
04-19-2004, 09:15 AM
That's a good post Billy.
I also have to give you props for your write up in the V Drive Reporter. You touched on the OFTEN over looked saftey items (Lifeline & helmet).
I don't think I'll be making it this year so you all stay safe and have fun!

smalls
04-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
That's a good post Billy.
I also have to give you props for your write up in the V Drive Reporter. You touched on the OFTEN over looked saftey items (Lifeline & helmet).
I don't think I'll be making it this year so you all stay safe and have fun!
How does one get this V-drive reporter?

FlatStupid
04-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by smalls
How does one get this V-drive reporter? Smalls, click on members and find Kimbo a quick PM to her and she'll get you hooked up.

WILDERTHANU
04-19-2004, 11:21 AM

ColeTR1
04-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
This is "VACATION" Not an "Racing EVENT"!!!!!!!!!.
There's nothing going on here other then a bunch of good friends getting together and having a good time. :) So if you think otherwise you might as well stay HOME!!!!.
As all of you are aware the areas in which we can go and run these type of boats (LOUD) is dwindleing. :mad:
That is why we have to be thankfull for what we have and respect the local police and residents of Needles. ;) Needles Marina asked if we would keep the noise down until 7:00am, NO PROBLEM. And to please be carefull of the dreaded unexperienced "PWC" rider.
All we want here is to hang out and have a GREAT time without all the hassels. So please, use your head, be careful, and most of all have a good time.
Great Post Billy

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Seems a grandfather noise law should apply. Build a high dollar home near an airport and no more jets? Somehow catering to their wishes just not right. The noise was there before they built. PWC noise on the other hand? Just plain annoying no matter.
jer
I seriously don't think any grandfather could deal with the noise from these boats...let alone the high rates of speed.
Between grandfathers high blood pressure and his weak heart, I'm not thinkin a grandfather law would be a good idea at all.
...but thanks for your insight:wink:

Jetboatguru
04-19-2004, 02:28 PM
greg, My grandmother is single and looking. Maybe your grandfather or somebody else's grandfather would be interested?

DUNDUN
04-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Will you guys have a problem with jets and stand-up pwc's?
The owners are educated boaters that have experience with v-drive boats. I don't want to be looked down upon for riding in a buddies jet boat or riding a stand-up pwc. :)

Speedin' Ian
04-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Like Billy said this is not an event so your buddy can bring what ever he wants, I see jet boats at these get togethers all the time, same goes for the stand-ups. That said you will never hear the end of it if your buddy does something dumb in either of them :D

BILLY.B
04-21-2004, 06:12 AM
I've had quite a few calls reguarding this thread with concerns that I was pissed off. Not at all, just letting everyone know that this is not an event. It's just a VACATION for us hot boaters. It's also shame in this day and age that you have to worry about everything you do for fear that someone could take it a different way and try and come after you for something "THEY DID".....In other words people need to be responsible for there own actions and not try to bring everybody else down with them.... Last year there was a BB-QUE, $10.00 a head, and contrary to some people that did or did not attened there was no money made on my behalf thats just what the catering man charged to be there "PER HEAD". I just thought it was kind of cool thing to do. So instead of listening to all the BS it's no longer!!!!. It's also a shame when you try and do something that could make a trip alittle more fun to be there people try and shoot it down. So in short i'm not PISSED or MAD just voicing on the boards and very anxious to get there. Hope to see you all there. Have a safe trip... :cool:

Hud
04-21-2004, 06:59 AM
No BBQ :mad: Hud will be layin down some big smoke on the river you can bet on that!!:D Kung Fu style:)

WILDERTHANU
04-21-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by BILLY.B
I've had quite a few calls reguarding this thread with concerns that I was pissed off. Not at all, just letting everyone know that this is not an event. It's just a VACATION for us hot boaters. It's also shame in this day and age that you have to worry about everything you do for fear that someone could take it a different way and try and come after you for something "THEY DID".....In other words people need to be responsible for there own actions and not try to bring everybody else down with them.... Last year there was a BB-QUE, $10.00 a head, and contrary to some people that did or did not attened there was no money made on my behalf thats just what the catering man charged to be there "PER HEAD". I just thought it was kind of cool thing to do. So instead of listening to all the BS it's no longer!!!!. It's also a shame when you try and do something that could make a trip alittle more fun to be there people try and shoot it down. So in short i'm not PISSED or MAD just voicing on the boards and very anxious to get there. Hope to see you all there. Have a safe trip... :cool:
HOW COULD PEOPLE BITCH AND MOAN, SOMEONE ELSE GOES TO THE TROUBLE TO ORGANIZE SOMTHING, AND ITS STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH??? WOW, SORRY TO HEAR THAT, SUCKS FOR THE NEXT GUY THAT PLANS ON ATTENDING. OH WELL, I HEAR WERE YOUR COMMING FROM BILLY, THAT SHITS ALL TO COMMON, CAN NEVER KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY. I CAN NOW SEE WHY YOU HAVE DISCONTINUED IT, AMONG OTHER REASONS IM SURE. HAVE A FUN WEEK CHEIF, BE SAFE!!

dossangers
04-21-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Hud
No BBQ :mad: Hud will be layin down some big smoke on the river you can bet on that!!:D Kung Fu style:) WILL BE LOOKING FOR SMOKE SIGNALS KIMOSABI!!!!!

Hud
04-21-2004, 07:57 AM
It won't be hard to find:D

smalls
04-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Hud, You got some Indian inya?

Hud
04-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Smalls, I run on 25 percent @ all times!:D

Rick James
04-21-2004, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BILLY.B
I've had quite a few calls reguarding this thread with concerns that I was pissed off. Not at all, just letting everyone know that this is not an event. It's just a VACATION for us hot boaters.: Last year $10.00 a head, and contrary to some people that did or did not attened there was no money made on my behalf thats just what I charged "PER HEAD". I just thought it was kind of cool thing to do. So instead of listening to all the BS it's no longer!!!!. So in short i'm not PISSED or MAD just voicing on the boards and very anxious to get there. Hope to see you all there. Have a safe trip... :cool
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Das a great deal. Slick Rick will be down for a hunded dolla

smalls
04-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Hud
Smalls, I run on 25 percent @ all times!:D
Nice, I see how you make um big smoke.
You Leavin On Friday?
Where bringin Richie with us.
We Leavin at 4am on saturday, I'd like to bring my YFZ450 but no room. I think with the Wife, Boat, JD, Golf Clubs, BBQ and Whatever mischif I can find.
I should be pretty busy.
with out the yfz....lol
I can't wait for friday!

Jetboatguru
04-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Smally,
give me call.
Tony

Hud
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Friday is a GO!!!!!:D 6:00 am:)

smalls
04-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Hud
Friday is a GO!!!!!:D 6:00 am:)
HUUUD, you drivin strait through?

dossangers
04-21-2004, 12:57 PM
HUUUD, you drivin strait through? hud are you guys taking 58 to 40 to needles ill be in barstow about noon lets hook up and run to needles CARAVAN OF SPEED!!!

BGMAN203
04-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Nice, I see how you make um big smoke.
You Leavin On Friday?
Where bringin Richie with us.
We Leavin at 4am on saturday, I'd like to bring my YFZ450 but no room. I think with the Wife, Boat, JD, Golf Clubs, BBQ and Whatever mischif I can find.
I should be pretty busy.
with out the yfz....lol
I can't wait for friday!
Don't forget all the extra golf balls you will need!! I heard the way you play!:rolleyes:

smalls
04-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by BGMAN203
Don't forget all the extra golf balls you will need!! I heard the way you play!:rolleyes:
Who would tell ya that? I haven't played in years. lol..

T-Bag
04-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Hud
No BBQ :mad: Hud will be layin down some big smoke on the river you can bet on that!!:D Kung Fu style:) I'll be helpin lay the BIG smoke down!!!!!!!

Hud
04-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Lol's, Bag I know you will!!:D

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
As far as I was concerned, at 10.00 a head, the food was a DEAL. Where the hell are you going to go and get good BBQ grub for cheaper than that? Snivelers..... I bought 4 tickets so everyone in my group had food. It was DAMN good too. I couldn't give a shit less if you padded your pocket or not. I would buy TWO extra tickets this time, just in case I wanted extra.
Now that I know the reason there isn't a BBQ this time, I am PISSED, and you will be hearing it from me.:mad: :mad:
You just can't please everyone can you?
Brian
Have a good week bud, I will be there to bitch at you(and take pictures) Thursday night, equipment willing.
Anyone see some sorry ass motorhome towing a cool jetboat on the side of the road, pull over and help. haha

DUNDUN
04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Anyone see some sorry ass motorhome towing a cool jetboat on the side of the road, pull over and help. haha
I think your motorhome's awesome. Perfect for a weekend at the river.:)

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by hallett flatbottom kid
I think your motorhome's awesome. Perfect for a weekend at the river.:)
Thanks, it is a good peice for what is is for. It will be awesome when I get it back home in one peice though.
Brian

superdave013
04-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Bump
people, please read the very first post in this thread.

TUNNELT
04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
billy ,hope every thing went great at the river , didn't get those extra days this year to join all . hope you guys dont get the wind that we had in havasu last weekend. TUNNEL T will be there next year for sure !