PDA

View Full Version : Pocket size Jet Boat

Castrol "R"
04-18-2004, 12:41 PM
New to this forum, I have visited many a forum and read with envy the performances and the fun of owning a high performance sports boat, I've never managed to take part on a forum as until now I didn't have a boat. But based in the UK there is not a vast market of high performance boats until i came across a UK built 2 seater winged jet boat, powered by 175hp Mercury Sportsjet, when I say pocket size it is only 14' long with a budget that suits my pocket. I still can't compete with the big block V8's but at least I can talk on a forum.
This is what she looks like, whats your opinion.

Jake W
04-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Hummm thats diffrent.
Jake:D

AdrenelineOD
04-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Never seen that before. ugly! but who cares running in the water is beter that admiring from shore. Cheers good luck:D

fourspeednup
04-18-2004, 12:59 PM
One of those "so goofy it's kinda cool" things going for it;)
How fast will she run?---not fast enough, add nitrous!
(just answered my own question):D

Castrol "R"
04-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Never seen that before. ugly!
I'm not ugly, OK its not my best side :wink:

sidewound
04-18-2004, 03:41 PM
How bout some stats. SPEED? HP? PUMP?
Looks like big LAKELICE to me.
Redeem yourself and lets see some numbers!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

riverbound
04-18-2004, 04:05 PM
congrats on the boat, Definitely is unique.:D

AdrenelineOD
04-18-2004, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sidewound
[B]
Looks like big LAKELICE to me.
:D

Lightning
04-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Bond...James Bond

Castrol "R"
04-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Lightning Bond...James Bond
Lightning do you have contacts with the Viper company ?
Check out http://www.viperjetboats.com/1024/index.htm
sidewound How bout some stats. SPEED? HP? PUMP?
Straight out the box as a stock boat after about 3 gallons running in, the company promise 50mph+ ..... to date I've had 55mph on the GPS ( 2 people on board ) leaving the boat completely stock qualifys me to take part in the Viper British Championship (not sure whether I'm going to do that yet), I have read that a Viper owner has tuned the impeller and has made modifciations to the pump which he does not go into too much detail claims to be reaching almost 70mph (1 person on board), this claim has been supported by an independant magazine article.
Spec ..... 175hp Mercury 2.5 Ltr V6 (XR2 outboard powerhead)
stock sports jet Mercury Pump 1.25 ratio
7.25" 3 blade stainless steel progressive.
Not sure about the Lakelice comment, as lakelice owners won't even talk to me !!!!! :(
Looks like I'll have to work on the ugly image.:rolleyes:

Jet Hydro
04-19-2004, 05:13 AM
well, I think it look`s cool and like a fun toy. ;) :cool:

Castrol "R"
04-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
well, I think it look`s cool and like a fun toy. ;) :cool:
Thanks Hydro ..................... me too :)
On the subject of fun .... we have been invited to take part in an endurance event due to take part in the summer of 2005, the venue is the East coast of Spain and the event entails covering a 1000 miles of the Spanish coast over 5 days, the event is open to anything jet and is to be run 'gumball' style. :jawdrop:
I was thinking seriously of giving it ago, although it sounds a tough event I think it could be a great deal of fun if we could put together a good team, but recently I received information that the event may be cut to 500 miles over 4 days as quite a few jetskiers have shown an interest but feel a 1000 miles would be far too strenuous, although the final decision will be make by the organisers we have been asked to give our opinion.
Does anything like this happen in your neck of the woods? I will most certainly have to consider trading in some of its acceleration and gain more top end speed, and obviously sea conditions would play a big part, but the Mediterranean is renowned to be extremely calm through the summer period.
Give us your opinion
"R"

Slick
04-20-2004, 07:25 AM
First of all, YOU GUYS SUCK for criticizing. Just because it's not what's status quo for what you consider cool is prettty lame.
Second, he's in Europe, nuff said.
Third, when was the last time you had an opportunity to do an endurance race in your boat. I think that's pretty cool.
So, Mr. Castrol "R" as long as you think it's cool, then it's cool... As long as it's not a Bayliner. You honestly can take no less than 50 off your IQ score just for buying one.
Slick

disco_charger
04-20-2004, 07:45 AM
I think that thing would be cool as hell at Havasu in the "big" water. Nice Castrol "R". I'd love it if the next time me and the Mrs. were in Germany you could rent one and go for a cruise on the Rhine!:D

cyclone
04-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Castrol "R"
Lightning do you have contacts with the Viper company ?
Check out http://www.viperjetboats.com/1024/index.htm
Straight out the box as a stock boat after about 3 gallons running in, the company promise 50mph+ ..... to date I've had 55mph on the GPS ( 2 people on board ) leaving the boat completely stock qualifys me to take part in the Viper British Championship (not sure whether I'm going to do that yet), I have read that a Viper owner has tuned the impeller and has made modifciations to the pump which he does not go into too much detail claims to be reaching almost 70mph (1 person on board), this claim has been supported by an independant magazine article.
Spec ..... 175hp Mercury 2.5 Ltr V6 (XR2 outboard powerhead)
stock sports jet Mercury Pump 1.25 ratio
7.25" 3 blade stainless steel progressive.
Not sure about the Lakelice comment, as lakelice owners won't even talk to me !!!!! :(
Looks like I'll have to work on the ugly image.:rolleyes:
man i bet that boat is fun as hell to drive! that's pretty cool that there is a racing for them too. Keep the pics and info coming. i want to hear all about it. do you plan on racing yours?:)

miller19j
04-20-2004, 12:34 PM
That thing is cool! :)
Where in the UK are you? I always wanted to ship my Miller over to the UK and run it up the Thames. I know they have a speed limit and I would probably get arrested before I made it past the first lock. But it would be fun trying. :D

shaun
04-20-2004, 01:42 PM
kinda looks like a mini F16!
Congrats on the boat!

Ken F
04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
> I always wanted to ship my Miller over to the UK and run it up the Thames. I know they have a speed limit and I would probably get arrested before I made it past the first lock. But it would be fun trying. <
I know what you are saying! My wife and I go to France about every summer to visit her parents, and I've had the exact same thoughts about running mine down the River next to Notre Dame! lol Something about the idea of hearing a big block american engine ecoing off those ancient walls....everybody going: Socrebleue!
Castrol, I think your boat is pretty cool too! looks like it would be a lot of fun to race...bet the compitition would be pretty close!
Ken F

Castrol "R"
04-21-2004, 05:20 AM
I've made my mind up to have ago at a few of the race events this year I'll wait and see how I get on before thinking of going for a Championship................ I'll keep you informed.
This enduro event has really grabbed my interest and I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go for it, whether it be 500 miles or a 1000.:)
The weather is promising to be good this weekend so I intend to take the boat out to sea :cool: , try a few long runs and see what it feels like, fitted to the boat are 2 of the most good looking carbon fibre seats and although exremely comfortable perhaps I can do with a little more padding for an enduro run. the advantage to the carbon seats is they weigh only 2.5Kg each.
I'll get some pics over the weekend and I'll post them. This one is when I first got her.
"R"
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\alex & me jpeg.jpg

hoolign
04-21-2004, 06:35 AM
That thing looks like it would be a blast for jumping waves,good luck with your race
welcome to the boards,and you can't be shy around here! givem hell right back:D

Slick
04-21-2004, 07:39 AM
I wonder if this thing would do anything for your boat?
www.placediverter.com
http://www.placediverter.com/media/TRIM%20FINAL1.jpg
http://www.placediverter.com/media/TRIM%20FINAL2.jpg

dorC
04-22-2004, 09:53 AM
I wonder if it could be a sister to one of these. If it is, then you have a good find. These "bat boats" are fast and live in the rough. http://www.reindlpowerboats.com/ The hulls were designed in Europe by a "lockefet...." Sorry, but I can't remember it, spell it or pronounce it.

Castrol "R"
04-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Slick .........
Thanks, I have heard about this system but the Viper is fitted with twin Bennett Trim Tabs. I am at the moment playing around with some ride plates which is proving to show results.(ride plate modification is permitted in the Viper Championship).
Dorc ........
You're right the 'bat boat' is one hell of a piece of kit :cool: , the guy that builts them (in the UK) Mark Pascoe I know quite well, and now I know Mike Tucker the builder of the Viper, I also know that they know eachother :) ........... who knows what technology they exchange ?? Mike (Viper) is rumoured to be developing a 26' winged twin jet and is also rumoured to be bringing out a big block V8 surface drive version :eek: having spoken to him he played things cool admitted to nothing but did say watch this space.:confused:
"R"

moneysucker
04-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the boards. That has got to be fun. That fast in something that small is a blast. The truth is that boat of yours probably cost as much as 1/2 of the guys boats on this board. Congradulations on boat ownership; Now you will be laughed at for wasting all your money by non boat owners. What is great about boating is that Even when I had my old tahiti brown of course no one ever told me that it was a beater. I loved it and thought it was the greatest. That is a nice boat and I hope you go out and kick ass.
Cy

Sniper4x4
04-24-2004, 12:03 AM
hey guys it could be alot worse for a first boat ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31270&item=2475088100&rd=1

LVjetboy
04-24-2004, 01:22 AM
"Runs about 60mph and could gop faster with some tuning."
"Some tuning" means the driver on a south beach diet.
jer

Castrol "R"
04-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Had a great weekend testing the boat at sea :cool: , the weather was kind although we did experience a little bit of sea mist in the morning. Now my mind is made up to go for the enduro in the Med :D and now its a case of trading in some of the accerleration for top end speed. I'm currently looking to fitting a deflector but I'm not sure if there are any on the market which fit the 175 sportsjet unit pump, any help you can offer would be much appriecated.
We took a whole lot of pics I've posted up on of my favourites, I'll post some more when I work out how to do it properly.