hoolign
04-18-2004, 07:33 PM
then i'll give you the IPR of ribs!!!

Boozer
04-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by hoolign
then i'll give you the IPR of ribs!!!
I go to Tony Roma's for ribs.
When I make them someone on the boards said to boil them in orange soda so I did it and they come out great. I coat them in Tony Roma's hot bar b q sauce.
They come out good.
I just picked up a smoker and smoker cook book that has some different rib recipes I will be trying.

hoolign
04-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Tony Roma is a pussy,your probably not gonna believe this,but a friend of mine in Grande Prarie Alberta is friends with him( he's a rig consultant)
and he said Roma's got **** all on these babys:p
actually it's a combination of stolen recipes:D

hoolign
04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
ok
first of all...dont boil the hell outta your ribs
beef or pork loin
just enough water( yes water) to cover them
but...add all the spises you like( I like spicy mesquite,tex mex,and sechwan sauce) don't boil this, put it in the oven at 100 for 6 hours or so!
dump the fat(not the entire concoction)
Take the ribs out,.in a broiler....put in the ribs..cover them in grated garlic ,diced peppers,diced onions, and diced garlic,(put them in a pre-heated oven,to150f for two hours)
take a 1 litre bottle of cattleboyz bbq sauce mix it in with the marinade to
cover the ribs
cook them at 150 f for 10 hours

phebus
04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
After waiting that much time, anything would taste good. :D

DeltaSigBoater
04-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Dry rub
vacumed saved in frige for a day or 2
1/2 ovened
1/2 bbq
$30 bottle of Bourbon for sauce
End result lotta time & money
Normally when I want ribs goto some getto rib place in san diego. I thinks its called Bill's or Dill's Ribs can't remember which.
Also Kansas City Bar-B-Que in downtown is good to.

OutCole'd
04-18-2004, 08:34 PM
I use 50/50 BBQ Sauce & Orange Marmalade jam.
Yum!!

BOBALOO
04-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Anyone got a good pressure cooker recipe? I think ribs are done in about 45 min and the meat falls off the bone.
When cooking in the pressure cooker do you put the ribs in the liquid at the bottom or keep them on the rack above the juice?
I want my baby back baby back baby back!

tisfortexas
04-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Without Pecan, Hickory, or a real steel smoker used outside it just ain't real B-B-Q boys. Sorry.It must always marinate overnight in the fridge in a "special marinade" passed down from generation to generation over a period of atleast 50 years. The family must have killed along the years to protect the family sauce from city folk. Some wrap it in foil, some don't? The longer you can cook it without drying it out, the better. It will be so tender even the old folks with no teeth can eat it. Hell even the youngsters with no teeth should be able to eat some of Jimmy's World Famous B-B-Q ribs..

BOBALOO
04-18-2004, 08:53 PM
come on, spill the recipe. How many people can really be on the internet that will see your recipe?:D

C-2
04-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Coat your ribs the evening before with the below rib rub.
Let ribs come up to room temp before starting to smoke.
Smoke slow and low, shoot for 240 degrees.
Keep water in smoker. Use apple juice to keep the ribs moist.
Smoke 8 hours, or until the rib bones move freely from the meat.
Top with a good BBQ sauce. No need to get fancy, it’s not the sauce that has made the flavor. Use some K.C. Masterpice sweetened with two teaspoons of honey.
These ribs are cooked in a New Braunfels offset firebox smoker that you can find at Lowes or BBQ’s Galore. ($250+-)
The results:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132ribs.jpg
Rib Rub (apparently an award-winning recipe.)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Non-Iodized Table Salt
½ Cup Brown Sugar (Dried out lightly by exposing on cookie sheet room temp. several hours, or slightly warmed
5 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoons Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
4 Teaspoons MSG (Accent)
4 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
4 Teaspoons Black Pepper freshly ground (important)
4 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
4 Teaspoons Onion Powder