PDA

View Full Version : Holley Jet Size?

IMPATIENT 1
03-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Goin Threw My Carb And I Notice My Rear Jets Are Different Than The Frt 2. What Does A 850 Holley Hp Dp Come With In All 4 Corners?i Jetted The Back 2 Up Last Yr. And Forgot About Em And Need To Address This Season. Exhaust Ports On My Bbf Show Its Been Runnin Real Fat!thought This Was A Good Idea Because Of The 200h.p. Shot But I Upgraded My Fuel System And I'm Not Worried About Runnin Lean Anymore.currently Has 80's Up Frt. And 85's In The Rear.its Too Rich ,what Are You Guys Runnin In Your 850's?
460 Standard Bore,11 To 1,rewarder Headers,victor Intake,600 Lift Cam..
I Don't Mind Runnin Alittle Rich Due To The No2, But There's More Power In The Motor If I Could Lean Her Out Alittle.thanks Tom

BOOGEYMAN
03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Since you know the jetting is close and every engine is different I would just make some hard runs and start pulling plugs and making changes untill you like what you see.
You said that you also run 200 worth of spray...are you also running colder plugs for the spray?? If it is a little rich on the nitrous plugs then it is probly just fine with some plugs that are 2 steps hotter.

87 rogers
03-31-2006, 01:29 PM
your carb probably came with 78's front and rear jetting up a couple #'s should not make it rich what kind of distributor are you running I have found alot of rich run problems are ignition problems

IMPATIENT 1
03-31-2006, 02:20 PM
your carb probably came with 78's front and rear jetting up a couple #'s should not make it rich what kind of distributor are you running I have found alot of rich run problems are ignition problems
TIMING IS DEAD ON(I'M A GM MASTER TECH), BUT I THINK THE 78 IN FRT. AND MAYBE 82'S IN THE BACK MIGHT BE CLOSE.I DON'T THINK ITS THE NO2 RUNNIN RICH BECAUSE I DIDN'T USE IT MUCH LAST SUMMER.STILL TUNING THIS MILL IN, AND I TRIED ALITTLE HOTTER PLUGS.I RUN MSD IGNITION AND BLASTER 2 COIL.IT SHOULD BE PLENTY HOT ENOUGH.I'LL DROP EM TO 78 FRT. AND 82 AND SEE WHAT THE SPARKLERS LOOK LIKE AFTERWARD.THANKS

Moneypitt
03-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Do you run water in the headers? If so, you can't really tell fat from lean by the color in the collectors. The first couple of inches from the heads will tell a truer story when/if you ever pull the headers...........MP

1978 Rogers
04-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Check this out. There is a chart that gives the info.
http://www.mortec.com/carbs.htm

IMPATIENT 1
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Check this out. There is a chart that gives the info.
http://www.mortec.com/carbs.htm
sweet link, thanks 1978. been lookin for a good chart to start with.you give me anything injected and i can fix it, but carbs are a different animal.as soon as i forget to run water threw my headers and have to coat em,i'm puttin in a 02 sensor to tune by!

IMPATIENT 1
04-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Do you run water in the headers? If so, you can't really tell fat from lean by the color in the collectors. The first couple of inches from the heads will tell a truer story when/if you ever pull the headers...........MP
the header thing is what has me thinking it to rich too.how may rewarder headers have you seen that have nitrous flowing through them still look new the second yr.?only the frt. couple inches of my headers have turned.gotta be too rich.exhaust ports in the heads are sooty too. i've got the interior out now and will have to wait to tune it for this yr.. :cry: i want to go to the lake :cry: :cry: :cry: