PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats

surfer2001
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
What's the scoop on the 24 foot Stiletto Tunnel? How's the quailty & reputation of this boat builder?
THX

syke-o
04-19-2004, 11:26 AM
talk to 24rod and 24rodjr. they are pretty happy with theirs

Waldo
04-19-2004, 12:38 PM
A friend of mine has one with a 496 HO and is very happy with it.
His is only one season old:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/177Cheetah_Family-med.jpg

Ziggy
04-19-2004, 12:47 PM
HotDiggetyDog has a Cheetah too(Cat/deck)...He always has good things to say about their boats. Personally I felt it was cramped for a 24'er when we were shopping around but prices are decent.

FRENCHIE
04-19-2004, 12:54 PM
buddy had one soldit and got a Shockwave 25' but never said anything bad abouyt it!!:D

hot_diggity_dog
04-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by surfer2001
What's the scoop on the 24 foot Stiletto Tunnel? How's the quailty & reputation of this boat builder?
THX
Bob has been building boats for 44+ years now.
He has a shop in Desert hills by the airport.
Basically it is a alot of boat for the price. They run well.
Quality and craftsmanship are not top notch, but for another 30K-40K more you can have the extra zip ties etc.
Shit what can you say about a boat that looks and rides good with no payments.
Yep I paid cash and bout a Diesel rig too!
If money is no object I would purchase another make.
My .02
HDD:cool:

surfer2001
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
More Please

fourspeednup
04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Anyone put any real power to one of the tunnel hulls?:cool:

bigq
04-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Anyone put any real power to one of the tunnel hulls?:cool:
Yup, I think there is a guy on the boards that has the 23 with a turbo motor that does tripple digits i think, Doghouse knows him.

moneypit
04-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Have had mine for one year. I have nothing bad to say about the boat and well I was taken care of. I had my boat in 6 weeks like I was told. I have the 496 HO in it and it feels like it wants more. It handle nices in moderate to slightly higher chop. I have 50 hours on it and I havent taken it to the max, but as I learn more about how the boat responds I continue to be happy. Dont be discouraged by the discounted price. Bob owns his building and doesnt have a load of salespeople to pay salaries. He isnt at the boat show and doesnt advertise in anything other then the boat trader. This savings is passed on to you. Great Quality for what should be a normal price for other boat makers with less experience. Too many boat builders out there to have prices as high as they are.

dicudmore
04-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Never driven the tunnel.
Have their 29. Very happy with ride/performance. Very happy with Bob and his people.
Agree, for another 30 grand you would get more zip ties from someone else. I chose to keep the 30 grand and put a couple zip ties on myself (yet to happen)

Sandbar Mike
04-20-2004, 06:13 AM
LOVED MY CHEETAH, RAN AWSOME IN MEDIUM CHOP VERY AFFORDABLE AND NEVER BROKE. I had a 23 open bow with the 6.2, I think I bought it for 35K brand new out the door.
great value

dicudmore
04-20-2004, 11:30 AM
what brings the question? Feeling you paid too much for that Nordic or you boat shopping for a buddy?

Ducatista
04-20-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm not familiar with the Stiletto, but have owned a 29 Cheetah since 1999 when I bought it new. I have been very happy with it, no problems with the boat except for the ones that I caused!
Bob is a good guy to work with, I had some problems at delivery with the boat & Bob, but they were handled quickly. I would recomend a Cheetah to anyone. :cool:
At the time, 56k for a 29 open/cudy, tri trailer, 502mag/B1 with Dana k-planes, duel Batts, cover & bimini, tv, sink, bolsters(manual) just blew everyone else away. I had a 50k price limit on the boat when I was shoping. All in all, a good way to go.

Ducatista
04-20-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey Dan....you headin up to the zoo for the poker run? If so we got to hook up and toast!

bigq
04-20-2004, 12:51 PM
What do those 29' get for speed with the 502? Seems like a nice big V.

Ducatista
04-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by bigq
I'm gettin mid 60's depending on load. We she was new & had no crap in it(5 batts,3amps, ez-up & all the other stuff etc) I was running 68. The boat is nice and roomy, plenty of room to skamper around naked.:) Oh....... thats probably TMI;)

shadow
04-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Nothing personal to you Cheetah owners!May be a good "value"
boat but they got no ****in imagination!:mad:
Steal my graphics then use it in their ad. F%ck cheetah bob.:mad:

phebus
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
It does bear a resembelance :D

Dave C
04-20-2004, 04:11 PM
wow, carbon copy

dicudmore
04-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Hey Dan....you headin up to the zoo for the poker run? If so we got to hook up and toast!
Bob headed to Mohave this weekend. Prob do a havasu trip in a couple weeks. Love to hook up and toast one or 3

dicudmore
04-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bigq
I'm seeing mid 60's w/5 ppl and 50+ gal fuel. 496HO

Kachina26
04-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Wow! That's something else, I can't believe you ripped off Cheetah Bob like that:D :D :D :D :D :D
J/K, it was cool chattin with you and the wife in the channel this weekend. Hope to do it again soon.

jjfosterj
04-28-2004, 07:39 AM
It's not the fastest but it's a smooth ride on those rough weekends I have a 20' Dana and could not take the beating any more. I have seen a Magic and two more Cheetah's with the same paint job at the time I bought the boat it did not thnik to ask if it was copied. I would be pissed if I had a totally custom paint job like the one above copied.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1366untitled2.jpg

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Sorry for jacking!
Are you bringing your "Old" Dana to the Dana Regatta?
Originally posted by jjfosterj
It's not the fastest but it's a smooth ride on those rough weekends I have a 20' Dana and could not take the beating any more. I have seen a Magic and two more Cheetah's with the same paint job at the time I bought the boat it did not thnik to ask if it was copied. I would be pissed if I had a totally custom paint job like the one above copied.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/1366untitled2.jpg

jjfosterj
04-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes I got the info at the L.A. boat sounds like a good time
I bougt a Cheetah but still love are Dana great river boat don't
have to worry about the sand bars

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by jjfosterj
Yes I got the info at the L.A. boat sounds like a good time
I bougt a Cheetah but still love are Dana great river boat don't
have to worry about the sand bars
Dates changed! See the Dana Boats website..
Hijacking is now over:D

jbtrailerjim
04-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah, your graphic's are very unique and I'd be pissed too. It seem's like a lot of builder's copy Ultra's graphic's. I guess they don't like to be original and they lack imagination.

shadow
04-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally i was furious:mad: Now I just think what a pile of shit!
There are several copies out there now,What can you do?I know if I copied someones graphics and saw them out boating I'd feel like a total moroon and I hope they do.I wonder if maybe they need my input with thier old ladies too?:D
Sorry for jacking the thread.

THOR
04-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Shadow, I thought the graphics you were referring to were close, but that is ridiculous. I'd be pissed too.

bigq
04-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally i was furious:mad: Now I just think what a pile of shit!
There are several copies out there now,What can you do?I know if I copied someones graphics and saw them out boating I'd feel like a total moroon and I hope they do.I wonder if maybe they need my input with thier old ladies too?:D
Sorry for jacking the thread.
Must be a lot of morons then. Once a manufacture makes a scheme I see a lot that are the same. As for Cheetah I doubt Bob said hey look at that Ultra lets copy it. I am sure it was a customer that like your scheme and had them do it, so Bob is a pile for doing what a customer ask?

shadow
04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Similar,OK
Flip flopp the colors,Ok
And by the way it's not the only one he's done.
But keep in mind no matter how hard they try they don't have the skills nor the talent to do an exact copy of Ultra.

shadow
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh Yeah, Did the customer also ask Bob to use it in his add also?
How unoriginal can you get?

Boozer
04-28-2004, 09:02 AM
So you had a bad ass paint scheme that someone else wanted and had put on their boat.
If you don't want someone to copy something of yours then don't have something done that's worth copying.
I say you do your next boat in a solid pink gel coat with yellow and purple poke a dots. If someone copies that then they have bigger issues then just being a copy cat.

shadow
04-28-2004, 09:24 AM
no offense boozer.
How about air brushed on the bow peewee herman spanking his
monkey on bobs face?
:D :D :D :
Keep in mind I'm not gonna sit here and bag on bob all day,I don't want this to turn into a pissin match.I just feel it's wrong thats all.several others have copied it too and unless I start on them it's not fair to just bag on bob.so I'm gonna let it go here.:)

Boozer
04-28-2004, 09:30 AM
no offense boozer.
How about air brushed on the bow peewee herman spanking his
monkey on bobs face?
:D :D :D :
Keep in mind I'm not gonna sit here and bag on bob all day,I don't want this to turn into a pissin match.I just feel it's wrong thats all.several others have copied it too and unless I start on them it's not fair to just bag on bob.so I'm gonna let it go here.:)
If you did that I would HAVE to copy you. But he'd spanking his moneky on RD's face not Bob's. :p

dicudmore
04-28-2004, 05:12 PM
**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Similar,OK
Flip flopp the colors,Ok
And by the way it's not the only one he's done.
But keep in mind no matter how hard they try they don't have the skills nor the talent to do an exact copy of Ultra.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
I've seen a Cheetah boat that had similar graphics as yours but was red/yellow not purple. I hear they built one of each.

shadow
04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm not flattered!
When you step up and spend a grip of money on a boat it should say something about yourself and your ideas,not someone elses ideas.Simple minds don't flatter me.
Let me ask you this,would you take the cover of hot boat mag down and say copy this for me?

dicudmore
04-29-2004, 12:16 PM
personally no.....
and i completely agree that there should be something to set your boat apart from others.
However I know I don't have the only red, white, blue boat on the river

shadow
04-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Glad to hear you wouldn't copy!As for not being the only red,white and blue boat out there,thats great it's an awsome theme,The thing that sets yours apart is that it's not an exact copy of someone elses.There can be alot of red,white and blue boats out there with thier own idea and not the same as the next.I'm not trying to patent purple and orange.Use purple and orange or any other color,just use your own ideas.

nodigg
04-29-2004, 03:26 PM
So...back to this Cheetah thing, BEST value on the market I say. But like Glen said, if you got the cash you don't need and want some name brand status or styles not offered by Bob..........go for the high priced brands. Some day I plan on it.........maybe???
As for copying grafics, they ALL do it. Look around. If not the dealer then the guy placing the order. If you were first, what is there to be pissed about?? How many white chevy duramax diesels are there anyway?
As for me, when Bob said what about those seven colors I include in the price, I said I want all seven and make 'em white.
I don't want to look fast, I want to BE fast. (Still working on that)
In the end buy what makes your boat float. You can have just as much fun on a Glastron as you can on a Howard, and maybe more cause you aint all twisted up about somebody touching your precious Eliminators gell coat and can party like a rock star instead.
Just my predjudiced .02!
:D ;) :D ;)

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:31 PM
i always said "just because you get seven - color gelcoat free, doesnt mean you have to use all seven colors".:yuk: :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
04-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Keep in mind I'm not gonna sit here and bag on bob all day,I don't want this to turn into a pissin match.
several others have copied it too and unless I start on them it's not fair to just bag on bob.so I'm gonna let it go here.:)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Glad to hear you wouldn't copy!As for not being the only red,white and blue boat out there,thats great it's an awsome theme,The thing that sets yours apart is that it's not an exact copy of someone elses.There can be alot of red,white and blue boats out there with thier own idea and not the same as the next.I'm not trying to patent purple and orange.Use purple and orange or any other color,just use your own ideas. :rolleyes:
I'm not flattered!
When you step up and spend a grip of money on a boat it should say something about yourself and your ideas,not someone elses ideas.Simple minds don't flatter me.
Let me ask you this,would you take the cover of hot boat mag down and say copy this for me?[QUOTE] :rolleyes:
[QUOTE]Oh Yeah, Did the customer also ask Bob to use it in his add also?
How unoriginal can you get? :rolleyes:
Glad to see you let it go!