PDA

View Full Version : Pics, 4/17/2004, Nasty Hava Storm!!!

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Some shots from Windsor Beach north ramp...
Five boats confirmed sunk as a result of Saturdays storm.
Must have been 15 - 20 boats washed up and pounding on the rocks in and around the Windsor Beach area.
Several, many, many, many, colissions in the dock area and several boats sustained major damage.
It was a busy day for recovery crews!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm5.jpg
Yes, that is the tip of a large boat out there!!!
By far the nastiest storm I've seen on Havasu in years.

ssmike
04-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Greg,
Was your crew "working" the carnage?

FRENCHIE
04-19-2004, 01:11 PM
some people need to use better judgement taking out a 17 ft jet ...common now!:eek!:

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
Greg,
Was your crew "working" the carnage?
Yes indeed, we were workin our tails off.
I mean to tell ya it was a mild distaster area to say the least.

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
some people need to use better judgement taking out a 17 ft jet ...common now!:eek!:
There were people coming in to the docks in 42 Fountains with white knuckles!!!
This was a nasty storm and if your judgement was at all off, your were in trouble fast...

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
Yes indeed, we were workin our tails off.
I mean to tell ya it was a mild distaster area to say the least.
The biggest part and cause for the problems was the high winds.
A large boat is nothing more then a large sail in those kinds of winds.
...and a small boat is subject to the waves.
Kinda a no win deal...

Ducatista
04-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Good pics....glad I left the boat on the trailer Saturday....geez

summerlove
04-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Some shots from Windsor Beach north ramp...
Five boats confirmed sunk as a result of Saturdays storm.
Must have been 15 - 20 boats washed up and pounding on the rocks in and around the Windsor Beach area.
Several, many, many, many, colissions in the dock area and several boats sustained major damage.
It was a busy day for recovery crews!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Hava_Storm1.jpg
Once we went back to get the trailer we left at windsor because we were not gonna even attempt to retrieve there, we went down to the dock to see if we could help. My buddy and I are in this picture helping out anyone who needed it! It was wild. Hopefully, all is ok and no major damage and no serious injuries or lives lost!

mbrown2
04-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow...those pics look dreadful....I feel for anyone that was out there that day....those things come up fast and being that Windsor is exposed to the winds and big water, it must have been quite a scene based on those pics....Hopefully no one was seriously injured.

DickDanger
04-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Holy shit!!! Man, that looks like bad news. Was anyone hurt? I wonder where the owner of that pickle was at when his boat was getting beat on the rocks, and then sunk? -DD Out

Essex502
04-19-2004, 01:59 PM
This is the reason why another sheltered launch ramp is needed besides the Marina. That is insane.

ACCEPTENCE
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
To the best of my knowledge no one was hurt or seriously injured in all this mayhem.
Just a bunch of horrifically torn up equipment.
I had heard today this was the worst storm Havasu had seen in eleven years!!!

DUNDUN
04-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats terrible, Was it that bad in parker?
I hate to see that sight. I cant imagine what I would do with my v-drive if it sank or was getting beaten up on the rocks. Even worse would be if it sank out in the deep water, no one can help you there because if they stop, they sink also, very depressing. THATS SOME SCARY SH**!!!

hd&boatrider
04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Sorry to see those pics....Hope everybody was OK and only had to deal with damage to boats....

Schiada76
04-19-2004, 04:27 PM
It got worse after those pics were taken.:eek:

DUNDUN
04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BradP
It got worse after those pics were taken.:eek: Really? That looked pretty bad. :yuk:
anybody got more pics?

Schiada76
04-19-2004, 04:33 PM
We were in the water for over an hour trying to catch people blowing in and put them on the trailer. Lota wasted props.:eek:

Ziggy
04-19-2004, 04:48 PM
WOW-gnarley!
What'd the south ramp look like? Any better? Hope next weekend calms down, didn't go out 9 days ago for the same reason.

Ducatista
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BradP
It got worse after those pics were taken.:eek:
I was thinking the same thing....

River Lynchmob
04-19-2004, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hallett flatbottom kid
[B]Thats terrible, Was it that bad in parker?
Parker was bad about 3 to 4' chop not nearly as bad as Havasu, but pretty bumpy for just the river. Parker was the worst i've seen it in person.

RiverToysJas
04-19-2004, 05:08 PM
At the peak of that storm, the river south of Needles and North of Moabi was the worst water I've ever been in river or lake. 3-4' rollers, breaking, in sets of three. it was really poor.
I was out with just me and my 4 year old son, for the weekend. Putting the boat on the trailer alone, in a 20 mph wind was not fun, nor possible. I had to ask a guy to drive my truck out while I litterally shoved the boat over to center. Thankfully someone did eventually help me.
Sunday was beautiful!!! :D I was too scared to take the boat out alone again though. ;)
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
04-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Did havasu get rain too? We didn't get any up in Needles, just a lot of wind.
RTJas

hd&boatrider
04-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I was too scared to take the boat out alone again though. ;)
You DID NOT just say that did you Jas....lol I don't blame you on Sat...but Sunday :)

RiverToysJas
04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
You DID NOT just say that did you Jas....lol I don't blame you on Sat...but Sunday :)
LMAO!!! On Sunday my neighbors at the park told me Saturday started out "just like this". Besides, the boat was BEAT from being towed back to storage in the wind storm (wet boat + dust storm = muddy, ugly boat). Jon just wanted to play on the beach, I could do that at Needles, so I really didn't have to take the boat out for him to be happy. We tossed a lot of rocks, and built a few sand castles instead. Then I spent two hours in the afternoon, at the storage garage, cleaning the boat!!! ;)

hd&boatrider
04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Sounds like it was to be some quality time with the son. This is the kind of stuff you can ask him about many years from now. I have a couple of memories at the lake when things were hectic with my son. You accomplished your quality time and that is what counts.
LMAO!!! On Sunday my neighbors at the park told me Saturday started out "just like this". Besides, the boat was BEAT from being towed back to storage in the wind storm (wet boat + dust storm = muddy, ugly boat). Jon just wanted to play on the beach, I could do that at Needles, so I really didn't have to take the boat out for him to be happy. We tossed a lot of rocks, and built a few sand castles instead. Then I spent two hours in the afternoon, at the storage garage, cleaning the boat!!! ;)

paradigm shift
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Unbelievable anyone would try and trailer there boat in that kind of weather. Find a safe spot and ride it out. :eek:

Toomstone
04-19-2004, 06:06 PM
ya we left the channel around 1 for the sandbar in my magic deckboat. it was choppy but didnt look real bad. as we got to the california shore and turned up the side towards the river, 3 huge waves washed over the front of the deck soaking us all. about a foot of water in the back of the boat with sandals and a cd case floating. we then headed straight back for the channel just tryin to keep the nose up the whole way back. our stereo stopped working until it dried out the next day. it was the third time out with our boat and people were telling us thats the worst they have ever seen havasu. Just my luck!

Mike67rs
04-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Toomstone
ya we left the channel around 1 for the sandbar in my magic deckboat. it was choppy but didnt look real bad. as we got to the california shore and turned up the side towards the river, 3 huge waves washed over the front of the deck soaking us all. about a foot of water in the back of the boat with sandals and a cd case floating. we then headed straight back for the channel just tryin to keep the nose up the whole way back. our stereo stopped working until it dried out the next day. it was the third time out with our boat and people were telling us thats the worst they have ever seen havasu. Just my luck!
Good info. I was wondering how I would fare in the bad stuff.

Toomstone
04-19-2004, 06:19 PM
ya we were going about 25 or 30 when those waves came over the front. a guy sitting in the backseat was as wet as everyone else. on the way back we were going about 10 or 15 with the trim up and trying to keep the front out of the waves.

beer hunter
04-19-2004, 06:50 PM
We left the Sandbar around 3:30 or 4:00pm on Saturday heading back to Park Moabi. The water wasn't too bad but the wind was horrific, got the boat moored off the beach and we're being pelted with the worst blowing sand I could ever remember.
After about 15 minutes of that, it was boat on the trailer time and then we packed up the tent/camping gear and headed for home a day early.
I hope everyone caught in that mess at Windsor and other areas were OK :)

hd&boatrider
04-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Glad to hear the Tremor fared well :)
Originally posted by beer hunter
We left the Sandbar around 3:30 or 4:00pm on Saturday heading back to Park Moabi. The water wasn't too bad but the wind was horrific, got the boat moored off the beach and we're being pelted with the worst blowing sand I could ever remember.
After about 15 minutes of that, it was boat on the trailer time and then we packed up the tent/camping gear and headed for home a day early.

shueman
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Amazing pix. I went through Havasu on my way to Scottsdale Sunday and, yes, it was just as calm and beautiful as can be.
What a storm. Ya gotta respect the weather at the lake, especially from the north. We were there in August a few years ago when the windows at the Nautical were blown out. We were at Steamboat when everyone decided it was time to head for the cover of the channel. We were headed up-river towards the island, probably 40-50 boats struggling against the 1'-3' swells. Very scary ride, to say the least.
I thought that was the worst I had seen, until I looked at these pix from last Saturday. Just amazing.

OutCole'd
04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Glad everyone made it ok Michael. My trip down river was a little hairy to say the least.

Moneypitt
04-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Sat morn was great, sat afternoon was the real sh&%s. Races were offically suspended at 2 pm. It didn't rain at Parker, just howling wind and blowing sand/dust. The sky was scary, looked like all hell was gonna break loose......We ran the whole sat and sun program on sunday with really fantastic weather. Boy from total havoc Sat to just beautiful Sunday........Moneypitt

Kilrtoy
04-19-2004, 07:28 PM
That is some scary shit. I would hate to be caught in that.
Got it once in Mohave, found a protected cove and was very lucky.

Dr. Eagle
04-19-2004, 07:41 PM
How big was that boat??????:confused:
Kinda reminds me of a Southwest Airlines Commercial........ Wanna get away?????

PlyaPlya22
04-19-2004, 08:18 PM
Hey Beer Hunter it was nice meeting you up at the Sand Bar on Sat. I'll be posting that pic soon!!
It was pretty ugly if I do say so myself. We left the Sand Bar about 3:45 kicked as back to the channel and all of a sudden were catching 4-5 footer. We caught air quite a few times, I heard those twin bitches screaming as the props came out of the water. Thank God we were in a 32 ft and Mels got mad skills behind the wheel. We turned around and headed back up toward the reefs just to have fun!! We didn't realize how bad it was until today. I hope everyone is truly OK. A good day is any day you leave out and make it back intact.

beer hunter
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Glad everyone made it ok Michael. My trip down river was a little hairy to say the least.
Good to hear you made it back safely Bill......well kind of :D

beer hunter
04-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by PlyaPlya22
Hey Beer Hunter it was nice meeting you up at the Sand Bar on Sat. I'll be posting that pic soon!!
It was pretty ugly if I do say so myself. We left the Sand Bar about 3:45 kicked as back to the channel and all of a sudden were catching 4-5 footer. We caught air quite a few times, I heard those twin bitches screaming as the props came out of the water. Thank God we were in a 32 ft and Mels got mad skills behind the wheel. We turned around and headed back up toward the reefs just to have fun!! We didn't realize how bad it was until today. I hope everyone is truly OK. A good day is any day you leave out and make it back intact.
Nice meeting you too PlyaPlya22!
I was thinking about you guys when the wind came up and that if you had to be caught in some sh!t, you guys were in the right boat. :D

PlyaPlya22
04-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Nice meeting you too PlyaPlya22!
I was thinking about you guys when the wind came up and that if you had to be caught in some sh!t, you guys were in the right boat. :D
That day is definitely one for the archieves!!

Kachina26
04-19-2004, 09:33 PM
I guess I got off easy
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1284Picture_004-med.jpg

PlyaPlya22
04-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I guess I got off easy
OUCH!! Sorry to see that.

beer hunter
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I guess I got off easy
It could have been much worse! Sorry about the prop. :)

WILD LAVEY
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
WOW! thats some really bad water. glad to hear there are no lives lost.

Kachina26
04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Prop's ok that's the skag. My son was driving at the time, he did really well all things considered. Just learned how to put the boat on the trailer in February and learned how to run in this stuff just this weekend.

DeltaSigBoater
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a white nuckle weekend. A few years back a storm came out of nowhere. It went from hot and sunny to dark and windy. On the drive back to Temple Bar I was taking 4 to 6 foot waves over the bow. I remember looking behind me ad had 3 boats following me back in.

ITS ALL GOOD
04-20-2004, 07:07 AM
That looks NASTY, glad everyone made it back ok.

Schiada76
04-20-2004, 07:17 AM
You should have seen the troops of people bailing outa the pontoons that were grounded, they had to slog through this wicked mud bog to get to the dock. All the chicks were crying, covered in mud falling down, I thought some of the dudes were gonna start crying too. They were fng freaked. Me and everyone I was with stayed and helped people trailer their boats until we were all too cold to keep it up. Can you believe there was still a bunch of fags standing on the dock drinking beer and watching? Two of the women in our party were mad dogging them for being pussies. It was priceless. We were trying to get one guy on his trailer and one of our party was guiding a trailer down the ramp when one of the Women in our party sticks her head outa the guys rig. WTF! Hey Tisha, who's rig were you driving anyway? (His wife was too freaked to drive it herself).:D :D

Havasuhog
04-20-2004, 09:56 AM
We at the Channel next to the Hondo Hydro and Eliminator tunnel. Left about 20 mins after they did. Ran the Ultra back to Site Six and put it on the trailer and chilled.
I used to have a Sanger Hydro it had no freeboard. If a Bird shit in the water the ripple effect could sink you. Not a place to be playin that day.
Tragic event - Glad to Hear no one was hurt.
:eek:

cyclone
04-20-2004, 10:10 AM
i got caught in a havasu storm like that once. its best to just sit in the channel and wait it out. As soon as the rain came we hauled butt to windsor and after 2 hours got the boat out before it almost sunk. as soon as the boat was on the trailer the storm passed, the sun came back out and it was all good. lots of boats got beat up that day. i feel for all who got their boats trashed. that really sucks. :frown:

Wild Horses
04-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Hey BradP
I was there helping everyone load there boats also, I didn't know anybody there so I just pitched in for about 2 hrs of chaos!:D
I also left the river about 3:30 and was running across the lake no problems. Saw a boat with his hatch up and waving so I go and hook up to him and tow him to Windsor and stop my boat right at the jetty. I jump out and try to hold my boat there (I'm still tied up to the other boat, both 22 citations) I couldn't hold our boats there so I had to swim to my boat untie the line and then (Being a dumbass) helped the other boat to the dock while my boat floated free. By the time I got to my boat it was on shore between me the wife and one extra guy (who was already on the rocks) we were able to get it into the wind and floating. Powering it away from the shore picked up alot of small rocks and dinged my prop bent my skeg and ruined the pickup of my drive shower.
Oh of course after I got it on the trailer he walked over gave me my rope and saw all my damage and said thats to bad. Jumped in his truck and was gone, no offer for gas money nada. I like to help out people and still will but that sure left a sour taste.
I took a few pictures of all the madness myself put I'm illiterate at up loading pictures on to the Hot Boat web site.:(
Clint

Schiada76
04-20-2004, 11:33 AM
You weren't the guy in the dark colored boat over by the pontoons were you? We slogged through the mud to push a guy off who's wife was standing on the ramp alone. I think it was a 22'.

CustomCruiser
04-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Wild Horses
...Oh of course after I got it on the trailer he walked over gave me my rope and saw all my damage and said thats to bad. Jumped in his truck and was gone, no offer for gas money nada. I like to help out people and still will but that sure left a sour taste...
That's not right. You risked you property, and arguably, your life to help this guy out and that's how you're treated! I'm sorry to hear that you got the short end of the stick, but I'm glad there are people like you out there who are willing take chances help people in trouble. Thanks.

unleashed
04-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Clint, Post a photo of the boat you helped out so I know whom not to help next time at the Lake. That is complete BS and wether he had money or not he should have offered to help out in some way.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Wild Horses
04-20-2004, 08:55 PM
BradP
I was pretty well the first boat that got put on the shore. I was there when the 2 hydros came in and then the one sank while I was struggling with my own boat. There was 1 other boat on the rocks a 16 ft sunbird, he came over and gave me a shove to relieve the wife. The boat I helped was a blue and white flamed advantage 22 citation pulled by a gray lifted 4 door Ford superduty. At least I got my new rope back so with all of the estimates I got today it should only cost me $400 for being a good samaritan. At least the people on the ramp made me feel like they appreciated the help.
Clint:)

fourspeednup
04-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Send me the pics via email and I'll put them up for ya. Sorry to hear about that ungrateful cockbag:yuk: Had that been my crew(or pretty much anybody else on these boards) we'd of done everything in our power to prevent your shit from being harmed. Sounds like we're in the minority nowadays:rolleyes:

phebus
04-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Cowabunga dude, surfs up!

Mike67rs
04-20-2004, 09:24 PM
You're a good guy Clint, don't let one a-hole turn you away from helping the next guy...it might be one of us. Your favor will be returned...Mike

DUNDUN
04-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Wild Horses
Hey BradP
I was there helping everyone load there boats also, I didn't know anybody there so I just pitched in for about 2 hrs of chaos!:D
I also left the river about 3:30 and was running across the lake no problems. Saw a boat with his hatch up and waving so I go and hook up to him and tow him to Windsor and stop my boat right at the jetty. I jump out and try to hold my boat there (I'm still tied up to the other boat, both 22 citations) I couldn't hold our boats there so I had to swim to my boat untie the line and then (Being a dumbass) helped the other boat to the dock while my boat floated free. By the time I got to my boat it was on shore between me the wife and one extra guy (who was already on the rocks) we were able to get it into the wind and floating. Powering it away from the shore picked up alot of small rocks and dinged my prop bent my skeg and ruined the pickup of my drive shower.
Oh of course after I got it on the trailer he walked over gave me my rope and saw all my damage and said thats to bad. Jumped in his truck and was gone, no offer for gas money nada. I like to help out people and still will but that sure left a sour taste.
I took a few pictures of all the madness myself put I'm illiterate at up loading pictures on to the Hot Boat web site.:(
Clint
Thats too bad, I'm sorry about your boat. Fourspeednup is right, I guess the nice poeple on these boards are the minority nowadays. :yuk:
P.S. Find a way to get those pics up!!! :)

fourspeednup
04-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Send me the pics via email and I'll put them up for ya. Sorry to hear about that ungrateful cockbag:yuk: Had that been my crew(or pretty much anybody else on these boards) we'd of done everything in our power to prevent your shit from being harmed. Sounds like we're in the minority nowadays:rolleyes:
Haha, forgot to put up my address:p
fourspeednup@aol.com

RiverPirate
04-20-2004, 10:59 PM
It's great no one got hurt. I always run and hide in the channel until the storm blows through. What time did the winds die down and the lake settle down. Might have been worth the wait?:(

ACCEPTENCE
04-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by RiverPirate
It's great no one got hurt. I always run and hide in the channel until the storm blows through. What time did the winds die down and the lake settle down. Might have been worth the wait?:(
Pretty much by 7:45 / 8:00 p.m. the lake had glassed off and the storm was in the distance.
Unbelievable!!!!!

fourspeednup
04-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Wild Horses, check PM's

hava life
04-21-2004, 07:45 PM
at times like that I don't understand why you don't just wait it out instead of doing damage to the boat. We left ours in the channel until it blew by.

DryHeatOnly
04-21-2004, 08:32 PM
At the peak of that storm, the river south of Needles and North of Moabi was the worst water I've ever been in river or lake. 3-4' rollers, breaking, in sets of three. it was really poor.
I was out with just me and my 4 year old son, for the weekend. Putting the boat on the trailer alone, in a 20 mph wind was not fun, nor possible. I had to ask a guy to drive my truck out while I litterally shoved the boat over to center. Thankfully someone did eventually help me.
Sunday was beautiful!!! :D I was too scared to take the boat out alone again though. ;)
Jason - I gotta tell you that I really felt like a total idiot on Saturday...
That was me that waved at you from my boat just before that guy came over to help you out.
After I had dropped my dad off at the dock to get the truck, I was only paying attention to the boats in the marina (and what I had to do) as I waited my turn. The wind was blowing, making for a sideways current, and being my 2nd time about to trailer the new boat, I was paying more attention to what I had to do. The kids were getting restless too so that caught my attention for awhile.
As I drifted back closer to the dock, that's when I waved. You waved back and I heard you say something, but couldn't quite make it out. My wife said (as I was motoring back out) that you said you were '...by yourself'. I said, shit, we can help (I had 2 able bodies in the boat). Just then I saw the guy walking over to your rig. It took about a minute or so for you to get out.
I guess I was wrapped up in my own thoughts on what I had to do and didn't pay attention to the ramp. That's not like me. I'm usually pretty observant. I was gonna come over and apologize, but you had already taken off. I'm really sorry - I could have helped you.
DHO

RiverToysJas
04-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
Jason - I gotta tell you that I really felt like a total idiot on Saturday...
That was me that waved at you from my boat just before that guy came over to help you out.
After I had dropped my dad off at the dock to get the truck, I was only paying attention to the boats in the marina (and what I had to do) as I waited my turn. The wind was blowing, making for a sideways current, and being my 2nd time about to trailer the new boat, I was paying more attention to what I had to do. The kids were getting restless too so that caught my attention for awhile.
As I drifted back closer to the dock, that's when I waved. You waved back and I heard you say something, but couldn't quite make it out. My wife said (as I was motoring back out) that you said you were '...by yourself'. I said, shit, we can help (I had 2 able bodies in the boat). Just then I saw the guy walking over to your rig. It took about a minute or so for you to get out.
I guess I was wrapped up in my own thoughts on what I had to do and didn't pay attention to the ramp. That's not like me. I'm usually pretty observant. I was gonna come over and apologize, but you had already taken off. I'm really sorry - I could have helped you.
DHO
LOL! I knew I knew the boat from Hot Boat. I couldn't remember what user screenname was though. I had been there for a while when you came up, and had already made two trys by myself. I think at the point you rolled up I had already asked the other guy, but he had to take care of his shit first. I did do some quick math when I saw you though, and thought someone from your crew could help if the other guy didn't come through. He did though. Even w/me holding the boat, we had to do it twice! :rolleyes: Would of hung around and said hello after I was out, but it was 5 minutes to 5pm, and I had to get ahold of the lady at the storage place before 5pm (I have 24 access, but it started the next day! W/ the storm apparently coming, she was cool with me getting it out there ASAP). I did and it all worked out!!! Thanks for the apologies, but they aren't needed. :) I figured you'd of helped if I had asked! ;)
I'll be there this weekend also!!! Where do you stay out there?

DryHeatOnly
04-22-2004, 04:57 PM
LOL! I knew I knew the boat from Hot Boat. I couldn't remember what user screenname was though. I had been there for a while when you came up, and had already made two trys by myself. I think at the point you rolled up I had already asked the other guy, but he had to take care of his shit first. I did do some quick math when I saw you though, and thought someone from your crew could help if the other guy didn't come through. He did though. Even w/me holding the boat, we had to do it twice! :rolleyes: Would of hung around and said hello after I was out, but it was 5 minutes to 5pm, and I had to get ahold of the lady at the storage place before 5pm (I have 24 access, but it started the next day! W/ the storm apparently coming, she was cool with me getting it out there ASAP). I did and it all worked out!!! Thanks for the apologies, but they aren't needed. :) I figured you'd of helped if I had asked! ;)
I'll be there this weekend also!!! Where do you stay out there?
Ok - cool. :D
We're going to be out there too this weekend. We ususally stay in the Rainbo Beach (trailer park), about 1 1/2 miles north of the Needles bridge. My parents have a double wide that they let us use. We're going to meet some friends down in Havasu. I may actually trailer the boat down there and launch with them out of Windsor. I haven't decided yet. If I see you, I'll have a cold one ready for you. ;)

RiverToysJas
04-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by DryHeatOnly
Ok - cool. :D
We're going to be out there too this weekend. We ususally stay in the Rainbo Beach (trailer park), about 1 1/2 miles north of the Needles bridge. My parents have a double wide that they let us use. We're going to meet some friends down in Havasu. I may actually trailer the boat down there and launch with them out of Windsor. I haven't decided yet. If I see you, I'll have a cold one ready for you. ;)
Cool! We'll be heading to Havasu Saurday, around noon, from Needles. I stay at Needles Marina Park. We'll also be boating down to the sandbar on Sunday.
I don't usually take the boat north of the bridge. ;)
I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 06:09 PM
THAT looks like an ocean!!
Wow, I heard there were some people missing, did they ever find them?
We have had the sh** scared out of us twice, and it made us better boaters.
Once in the basin on Mohave, Cottonwood had a two gale force wind blowing on the way back from Willow Beach. Waves were washing over our 19ft open bow and out our ski locker, we rode the boat standing up, and bending our knees. No where to wait it out.
The second time was Lake Powell, Navajo Canyon was clear and great, but on the way back we ran into a wall of water and luckily found a beach to wait it out on.
Scary
:(

hurleyr
04-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
i got caught in a havasu storm like that once. its best to just sit in the channel and wait it out. As soon as the rain came we hauled butt to windsor and after 2 hours got the boat out before it almost sunk. as soon as the boat was on the trailer the storm passed, the sun came back out and it was all good. lots of boats got beat up that day. i feel for all who got their boats trashed. that really sucks. :frown:
I couldnt agree more. Find a protected sandy cove or head for the channel and wait it out.
We were out in my buddies 21 foot open bow that day. Coming back from up river Saturday afternoon we hit that wind chop and took a few good ones over the bow. Kept the nose up and made it to the channel. I saw that yellow pickle heading out as we were heading into the channel. I told my buddy "that guys nuts he's going to sink that thing". I guess I called it right.
We pulled it up, tied off and waited until sun down to head back to Havasu Landing. We hinged our bets on it glassing off after the sun went down. By the looks of those pictures I think we called it right on that one too.
Lets turn a bad into a good. This is a perfect time to talk the wifey into a bigger boat. :D :D :D