PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave Question

Budget Baller
04-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know where the first two card stops are after they leave Thompson Bay? I want to go find a nice place to drop anchor and watch them blow by at a high rate of speeed. Thanks.

jackpunx
04-19-2004, 03:10 PM
just drop about 1/2 mile or so past pilot rock on the AZ side.. there will be a bunch of us there.. :D Actually im following jeff (3do) ask him..

dimarcobros
04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Last time Up4River and myself parked over by Havasu Palms and it was pretty cool from there. The boats were moving pretty good but I think this year we are going to go down more towards black Meadows.
DMB

roln 20s
04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Jackpunx- you are watching right? 3DO better be running! If not, whats up with that.
Last year Havasu Luvr, Sandbar Mike, Rod and Rod Jrs and others dropped anchor across from Black Meadow. Real nice straight away, all at full thottle (unless they are pussies :D). Good views, you can see them turn the corner coming from Havasu and on their way back from The Springs. I think the first stop is Havasu Springs, and the next, I think is the north side of the lake somewhere.
Roln 20s

jackpunx
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Hey rolln,
Thats where we’ll be.. He's not running.. I was going to run with him.. but he decided to watch the big boys run.. call me if you want one of us to pick you up.

Kachina26
04-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok I've got a question for those of us participating. The theme is Gilligans Island, do you dress up at the dinner or through the whole run? What extremes do people go to with the costumes?

Ziggy
04-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
Last time Up4River and myself parked over by Havasu Palms and it was pretty cool from there. The boats were moving pretty good but I think this year we are going to go down more towards black Meadows.
DMB
I seemed to see the most speed around Black Meadows or just south of the point there last year...better water there.

paradigm shift
04-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I would go South for a ways if rumors are correct they are not plannng on cutting them loose till after Copper canyon / Pilot rock on the morning start. Not sure how they are going to hold all them horses back. :D
Getting harder to get everything thing together - permits with the BIG speed and Boats the run is attracting. Lake gets real small in a hurry.
Well be there in the back of the pack or sitting watching them go by then fall in. ;) Should be a great time!
BE SAFE - Work Hard - PLAY HARDER

Phat Matt
04-19-2004, 10:00 PM
what time does it start?

paradigm shift
04-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
what time does it start?
Saturday start goes at 10am. No afternoon official start. 2pm.
http://www.american***boats.com/registration/2004registration.pdf

Phat Matt
04-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by paradigm shift
Saturday start goes at 10am. No afternoon official start. 2pm.
http://www.american***boats.com/registration/2004registration.pdf
Thanks for the link info!