PDA

View Full Version : No Wake in Wisconsin???

Kachina26
04-20-2004, 06:01 AM
I saw some kids in a pontoon rental (of course) Saturday. I was in Thompson Bay heading south when they went flying by, I yelled to them to come off of a plane. They seemed a bit annoyed and asked why, I told them this area was a no wake zone. After about a minute of cruising they asked how far it was, so I showed them a boat way out by the bouys and said out there, now they were really annoyed, I told them I was just trying to save them a ticket and they could do what they wanted. They told me this was bull and that they were from Wisconsin where there were no "no wake" zones. Is this true?

wet77
04-20-2004, 06:32 AM
The one place I know in WI is on the river that there are no signs for NO WAKE posted anywhere, but there are signs on every lake in the state saying NO WAKE, mostly by the landing areas or areas where the lake is to shallow.
That guy must not have lived in WI to long or have been on too many lakes around here:D
Even way up in the northern parts of the state by three lakes, which is the world's largest chain of inland lakes, there are NO WAKE signs in the channels between them;)

Nokomis
04-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Key word "kids". Just about anywhere you can launch your boat in Wisconsin you will find No-Wake bouys. Ive boated inland lakes, Lake Michigan and the Wisconsin River system and at all of them Ive seen No-Wake areas.
Dumb****s like him are why theres more and more crackdowns on boaters.

manuel
04-20-2004, 07:12 AM
I had 1947 Chris~Craft 16' inboard direct drive and I would always stay on plane through "no wake" zones and leave a very small wake but if I slowed down to the correct speed the stern would squat and I would leave 2' rollers, I got out of a ticket once by showing him the difference, but people would still yell and cuss at me from docks and marina's.

Blown 472
04-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Dont listen to them, they are too stupid to be from here, they are from the UP.