PDA

View Full Version : Any excavators in Phoenix?

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Paddock started digging my pool today and hit bedrock at 6", so they say:confused:
Now they are trying to bump me for $5,500:eek:
I was warned that there may be a hard dig upcharge of about $2,000-3,000 and I was OK with that. This $5,500 is BS.
They say they are getting two additional bids and I am sure that I could get a 4th on my own.
Thanks for the help,
OL

Slick
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Bedrock??? I don't know about that. Caliche, yes. $5,500 is very steap.

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 04:30 PM
No shit. I about hit the ceiling. I guess there are some big rocks up there but the super told me he watched them take out a car sized boulder and the hard-dig fee was $2,800.
$5,500 is way out of line.
OL

LUVNLIFE
04-20-2004, 06:04 PM
If you didn't see the rock because you said the super said so. Did they take a picture of said rock? Are you sure they hit what they said? I'm in the business. What piece of equipment are they using?

HotRod Sprint
04-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Hey OL, I know there is an AZ***boater who does this kind of stuff for a living. I think he Posts on here, but don't remember his screen name. Lemme shoot a couple of people some PM's.
Rod

mmered8299
04-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Dave Brock from Brock Escavation is probably the one digging it for you and Paddock. I think a large track hoe cost 200-250hr to remove Caliche. Be carefull of Paddock. They have a bad rep here in Vegas.

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
If you didn't see the rock because you said the super said so. Did they take a picture of said rock? Are you sure they hit what they said? I'm in the business. What piece of equipment are they using?
The $2,800 was on a house 3 doors down from us. They stopped my dig as soon as they hit the hard stuff. Said they will get 2 more bids for the dig before they proceed. The builder's super is pretty cool and does not work for the pool company. He said he would go by and check out my lot for me. He also told me they had no problems digging my footings for my place. I will try to hook up with him tomorrow. I am still in Cali so I can't just swing by. I don't know what they are using as far as equipment.
HRS, that would be cool. I seem to remember that same thing. Just can't place the name.
OL

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mmered8299
Dave Brock from Brock Escavation is probably the one digging it for you and Paddock. I think a large track hoe cost 200-250hr to remove Caliche. Be carefull of Paddock. They have a bad rep here in Vegas.
They seem to have a good rep here in Phoenix as far as I can tell. The builder uses them so they were the easy one to use and the only pool co that would be allowed to start the pool before closing. Do you have any connects with Brock?
Thanks,
OL

Donnie
04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Where is your place at?
Moving dirt is what I do for a living....

Jordy
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Looks like SJL may have just picked up a little job. That pool will be dug in a hurry with a D9 and a couple 637's. :D

Craig
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Donnie I just shot Hotrod Sprint your e-mail for this whole deal, so he could forward it :) Maybe you can help a hot boat brother out ;)

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Donnie
Where is your place at?
Moving dirt is what I do for a living....
North Peoria by Arrowhead. I'll shoot ya a PM with the details.
Thanks!!!
OL

Donnie
04-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Got your PM...I will check it out for you......Pool excavators:mad:

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Here is the house so you know what you are looking at. Its been stucco'd and is in process of paint and roof tile right now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/973Framing_003-med.jpg

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks!

PHX ATC
04-20-2004, 08:36 PM
OldLavey,
I sub out and help out owner/builders here on the east side of Phoenix building pools. I hate Paddock - they will gouge you like a cheap *****.
The guy I use for all my excavation is Dean of DLM Excavation. He lives out there on the west side. (Damn westsiders:D ) 602-212-2538 is his number.
He's charged at the most $2000 for a hard dig, no more, no less.
$5.5K seems like a bonus for the salesman to me.

HotRod Sprint
04-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Craig and Donnie, thanks for jumpin in with some help. Even though OL is one of those hated Californians, thats gonna be takin up more of our lake space, I figured we could show a little bit of hospitality. :D
Rod

Outnumbered
04-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks fellas. The $2k+ figure was mentioned more than once and that was what I was expecting. $5,500...no way I'm paying that. I'll be raising some hell pretty quick here if they don't get me a better price.
OL

Outnumbered
04-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Props to Donnie for checking my place out this AM. Confirmed that we do indeed have a huge f@cking granite slab in our pool area. I'm getting some back-up bids now.
Thanks again Donnie!
OL

Slick
04-21-2004, 12:38 PM
I have a blasting license if that'll help:D

PHX ATC
04-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
Props to Donnie for checking my place out this AM. Confirmed that we do indeed have a huge f@cking granite slab in our pool area. I'm getting some back-up bids now.
Thanks again Donnie!
OL The Roman Empire, just like I thought!:D

Outnumbered
04-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
The Roman Empire, just like I thought!:D
Props to PHX_ATC too for referring me a digger. He will be getting a bid to me soon also.
Thanks!!
OL

91nordic29
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Slick
I have a blasting license if that'll help:D
you ARE kidding, right?:eek!:

91nordic29
04-21-2004, 01:57 PM
wait, NOW i remember! this morning when i was reading this thread, i kept thinking that someone was in the concrete removal, cutting, etc... business and i couldnt for the life of me remember who it was until just now! Slick. DOH!

Slick
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
you ARE kidding, right?:eek!:
Nope:cool:

Jordy
04-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Slick is kinda billy ya know. He did grow up north of Anthem. Probably right down the street from that guy that had a shed full of old dynamite a couple years ago...
The whole thought of Slick with explosives just scares the shit out of me. I can't imagine I'm the only one who feels this way... :rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

91nordic29
04-22-2004, 06:27 AM
maybe it was HIS shed!:eek!:

Slick
04-22-2004, 08:24 AM
maybe it was HIS shed!:eek!:
Not my property, but Chuck Byers is a good friend of the family. We actually considered going into business with him as far as non-lethal devices for police and military.

mmered8299
04-22-2004, 03:38 PM
They seem to have a good rep here in Phoenix as far as I can tell. The builder uses them so they were the easy one to use and the only pool co that would be allowed to start the pool before closing. Do you have any connects with Brock?
Thanks,
OL
The builder uses them because he probably gets $300/pool:eek!:
Another reputable digger is Harsman Excavation. Vick is the owner and a fellow boater. He has a trailer in Havasu on the Island. Brock and Vick should both be in the Phone Book. Good Luck and dont bend over for the soap!

PHX ATC
04-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Props to PHX_ATC too for referring me a digger. He will be getting a bid to me soon also.
Thanks!!
OL
OL,
I talked to Dean and Don (foreman) and they're up to speed on your dig. I'm talking to Don tomorrow and will tell him the entire scoop on your Aztec Burial Ground in your backyard.:D

Outnumbered
04-22-2004, 10:36 PM
OL,
I talked to Dean and Don (foreman) and they're up to speed on your dig. I'm talking to Don tomorrow and will tell him the entire scoop on your Aztec Burial Ground in your backyard.:D
Thanks for salting the wounds:D
Of all the friggin' lots we could have picked we pick the one with the biggest rock in AZ.
I left him another message today too. Have him call me if he needs directions.
Thanks!!!

91nordic29
04-23-2004, 07:28 AM
OL,
Lord, dont tell them that! the state/feds will have your property turned into an archaelogical dig site in no time!

PHX ATC
04-23-2004, 07:29 AM
Lord, dont tell them that! the state/feds will have your property turned into an archaelogical dig site in no time!
That's true. Pscho bunch out here when it comes to that kind of stuff.:rolleyes:

Outnumbered
04-23-2004, 07:50 AM
OL,
Well Paddock called this AM and said they had Nichols, Brock, and DLM silent bid the hard dig. They are telling me $5,500--5,600--6,000.:eek: :confused: :eek:
PHX ATC, Dean was the highest bid. You were saying that he never goes over $2,000. Any chance you could talk to him?
Thanks,
OL

91nordic29
04-23-2004, 08:55 AM
i think you should just have slick and his explosives people blow the pool out of the boulder. that would be unique. you could even have it pebble - teched or plastered if you wanted.

Slick
04-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Just tt my buddy that owns Boulder Creek. He's used Nichols and DLM. He said Nichols was very good. He regularly uses Complete Excavation. Anyway, he said that's not far off for for a hard dig. He just had one in Fountain hills that went $12k for a dig.
Sorry to be the bearer of further bad news.

Outnumbered
04-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks Slick. I guess it is what it is. I just wanted to be sure that I was not getting bent over. Since Donnie looked at it and PHX ATC's guys (DLM) all seem to be in line with the original bid, I guess I'm out of luck. It just pisses me off that they told me the hard dig will not run over $3,000. I'm kicking my self in the ass for not getting it in writing.
OL

Slick
04-23-2004, 11:37 AM
In writing or not, a hard dig is one thing and the Rock of Gibralter is another.:(

Outnumbered
04-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Slick
In writing or not, a hard dig is one thing and the Rock of Gibralter is another.:(
Ya, that's my luck:)
OL

PHX ATC
04-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Well Paddock called this AM and said they had Nichols, Brock, and DLM silent bid the hard dig. They are telling me $5,500--5,600--6,000.:eek: :confused: :eek:
PHX ATC, Dean was the highest bid. You were saying that he never goes over $2,000. Any chance you could talk to him?
Thanks,
OL
Got a message in to him, let you know when he calls back.

Outnumbered
04-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Got a message in to him, let you know when he calls back.
I talked to Don today. He said that's the best he can do plus he's 3-weeks out. Thanks for the offer.
OL

PHX ATC
04-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Talked to him this morning and man, you must have some large, biggie style rock under your pool!:eek: He said it would be a major job, and might be able to knock a hundred or 2 off since it was a recommendation, but that was all. Sorry, we all tried.
Keep us up to date. Hell, imagine the stories you'll have when you have your first big pool party!