PDA

View Full Version : The South Beach Diet

Boozer
04-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I was loosing weight and losing weight fast on Atkins but it was just WAY to much meat for me. I stuck to it for 2 weeks and then gave it up. Eating steak 5 days a week 3 times a day and chicken the other 2 days was just not for me.
Today I started on the South Beach diet. From what I can tell the induction phase is very similar to Atkins. They dont mention it in the book because they dont call it low carb but the first 2 weeks are 0 carb pretty much. It's the same induction as atkins. However, there is a difference. It's low carb and low calorie, low fat.
The southbeach book gives you a day to day meal guide that is quite easy to follow. It gives you breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. The meals are very easy to prepare and not to bad.
After the 2 week induction period you go onto a second phase of the diet then onto a 3rd. The diet pretty much brings carbs back into your life but gets you into a healthy eating habit like lots of greens. But unlike atkins it also brings breads, and fruits back into your daily diet.
So far it seems to be like something that wont be to hard to stick to and a little more realistic then Atkins. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. I advise anyone looking to loose some weight to try this thing out.

ahhell
04-20-2004, 06:06 PM
do you have a quick cut and paste you could post, id like to get into "swim trunk" shape without doing the protien thing, cholesterol is already...well lets say when they draw blood its kinda like butter:(

Boozer
04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Not really anything I could cut and paste but the book is everywhere and its like $16 i think.
Today My meal plan consisted of this
Breakfast:
2 Vegetable quiche cups
1 6oz can of V8
Snack:
String cheese stick
Lunch
Grilled Chicken breast on romain lettuce with vinegarette dressing
Sugar free jello
Snack:
1 celery with a wedge of lite laughing cow cheese
Dinner:
Grilled chicken breast (called for fish which i cant stand so i modified it)
Steamed asparagus
Salad with light dressing
Dessert:
Vanilla Ricotta Creme
The desert wasnt bad but the texture of ricotta is something you have to adjust too.

NorCal Gameshow
04-20-2004, 06:14 PM
south beach makes a little more sense to me than atkins...
low carb , low fat is a little more realistic...

ahhell
04-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanx, i'll look it up

Sportin' Wood
04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
I always questioned the "no fruit" part of Atkins. I just can't buy into the fact that any fruit is bad.

DeltaSigBoater
04-20-2004, 06:42 PM
The key to any diet is PORTION CONTROL

Restless22
04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
My wifes friend just started this diet 3 days ago and is really happy with it so far. Im not sure exactly what shes lost but she feels really good. :cool:

Boozer
04-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Sportin' Wood
I always questioned the "no fruit" part of Atkins. I just can't buy into the fact that any fruit is bad.
The fruit contains sugars. Atkins is against sugar in any form even in the form of natural sugars found in fruits.

HammerDown
04-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Today My meal plan consisted of this
Breakfast:
2 Vegetable quiche cups
Well it sounds messed up already...ya see. Men don't eat quiche!:D

NorCal Gameshow
04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
Well it sounds messed up already...ya see. Men don't eat quiche!:D
:D :) :) :) :D

HCS
04-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I go for consistency. I eat the samething every day.
Lettuce, tomato, onion sammy with chicken or lean lunch meat.
Wheat thins or crackers with veggies or fruit.
Then splurge once a week. You got to have your goodies.
And eat a good breakfast.
Work out. Not with "Aheron":eek: It's the best way to stay slim.
:D

beyondhelpin
04-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Gota go with what works for you. Just started back on the Akins last Monday. Lost 11 pounds so far. But that also includes running 6 miles a day and working out. I also watch my calorie intake even on Akins.
Its a pain but I promised the wife I would only have one bulge in my Speedo"s.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-20-2004, 10:13 PM
sounds good .thanks for the cut and paste Boozer.. :D ;)