PDA

View Full Version : Jr. Dragsters who's kids run em?

Tee
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
My little girls first race is this Friday Night at RMR (Rocky Mountain Raceway SLC, Ut.) 8 & 9 yr olds 12.90 index in the 1/8th.
Just wondering what to expect. From both other participants/families, (is this a close nit group like boaters or a buch of snooty's.) and the experience as a whole.
We have spent many an hour in my employers parking lot with the car going over everything I can think of. But we have not been on the strip yet?!? All input is welcome.....
Tee <-----One nervous and excited dad!!!!!!!!

Ryphraph
04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
My son will be 8 in a year and we are looking forward to getting him into one as well.
Ryph

Scream
04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Drag folks are folks. My family helps sponsor a Top Fuel Dragster. Our team goes to about 60% of the National events for NHRA. Every time I've gone and hung in the pits with the team, it's like being around your family. The big guys help the little guys, the money guys help the poor "leakers". It's really a cool group.
The Jr Drags should be even more family like. It's really a cool community. But mostly I guess you'll get out of it exactly what you expect it to be.
Good luck and have a lot of fun with it.

haulina29
04-20-2004, 09:22 PM
TEE my kids race JR dragsters and its a blast , both cars are currently #1 and 2 at the local track and both cars are # 1 in division 7 points series . I wasnt sure if I was going to enjoy it myself because I have always driven my own stuff . Well I cant think of anything I would rather do than take my son,s racing we have a blast ! We have a division 7 race this weekend in Sacramento and in two weeks Redding . As far as the people go its racing there are good and bad . The sport has come along way from lawn mower engines on home made chassis ! good luck Mitch :)

roln 20s
04-21-2004, 07:49 AM
One of best friends through High School had both his brother and step sisters racing these things. They were tops in all of their class, and I believe his sister won Nationals one year--Saban Racing was their name. His step dad bought them a TopKick and a triple axle 5th wheel trailer for the racing. Talk about a bunch of money in one little hobby. I do believe they have since sold them and got out of it, they had 3 jr dragsters, all with super trick paint.
They really loved it, good luck, seems to be a great family hobby, kinda like boating...and its expensive too. But what fun isn't?
Roln 20s