PDA

View Full Version : Kuhl vs The Blower Shop

DogHouse
02-05-2003, 12:09 PM
My buddy is buying a standard 8-71 to use with pump gas and seems to be interested in one of those two brands. Anybody know of some reason that one may be better than the other?
Thanks,
-brian

Blown 472
02-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Not having heard of the blower shop, The reasons I bought both my blower set ups from Kuhls is I saw their stuff at the boat drags all the time, all the fast boats were running them, then when came time to buy they were very friendly and spent a bunch of time with me on the phone.

DogHouse
02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
Any problem getting the carb adapter to seal in the middle? It was pointed out to me that Kuhl doesn't use any bolts in the center of the case. Seems like potential for problems there. I suppose they could drill & tap the top of the case easily enough for an extra set of holes.

paradigm shift
02-05-2003, 07:23 PM
No expierance with either but they both have a good reputation. I would say shop for price and service either one would be good quality.
Just my .02

Ian
02-05-2003, 08:41 PM
I've never dealt with Kuhl but I can tell you The Blower Shop is great. Marv at TBS does our blower and many of the blowers at the drags (both lake and street).

hulshot
02-05-2003, 10:29 PM
hey doghause I have a D/C 8-71 ready to bolt on. It is set up for gas. I stepped up to bigger. high polished case and has the bolt holes for the center of the carb adapter. if interested PM me. did I say it would cost half of what a new 8-71 would cost.

Flat Rat
02-05-2003, 10:40 PM
We bought our 671 from Mike and are happy. At the time he was building motors. He helped us on other ideas that others didn't. As I head Mike is no longer in the shop so it might be not be the same now.

Blown 472
02-06-2003, 05:48 AM
DogHouse:
Any problem getting the carb adapter to seal in the middle? It was pointed out to me that Kuhl doesn't use any bolts in the center of the case. Seems like potential for problems there. I suppose they could drill & tap the top of the case easily enough for an extra set of holes. Funny you mention that, I did have that problem, the blower case is drilled and tapped for it, the carb adaptor did not have any holes but there were pilot holes so I just drilled them.

Hallett
02-06-2003, 06:45 AM
I HAVE A BLOWER SHOP 871 BLOWER AND AM VERY
HAPPY WITH IT MARV IS THE MAN.

DogHouse
02-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Thanks everyone for the info. Hulshot, I'll forward your email address to my buddy and see if he's interested in a good used blower. The only thing that makes it difficult is that he needs everything and the full kits are very well priced. The snouts, drive hardware, and manifolds get expensive when purchased separately. To make it worthwhile, the used blower has to be really cheap, less than what it's really worth. Oh well I'll forward your info and you guys can argue about it! wink

Blown 472
02-06-2003, 08:14 AM
DogHouse:
Thanks everyone for the info. Hulshot, I'll forward your email address to my buddy and see if he's interested in a good used blower. The only thing that makes it difficult is that he needs everything and the full kits are very well priced. The snouts, drive hardware, and manifolds get expensive when purchased separately. To make it worthwhile, the used blower has to be really cheap, less than what it's really worth. Oh well I'll forward your info and you guys can argue about it! wink My mopar kit was not too bad, I think it was in the 2400-2600 range and it cam with every thing sept linkage.
http://www.kuhlsuperchargers.com/cat%20p01.htm
[ February 06, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

FuelBoat2003
02-06-2003, 09:01 PM
We run the Blower Shop 14-71 back gear blower and they are great people to deal with.

Rexone
02-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Have never dealt with Kuhl so don't know. We sell Blower Shop parts and Marv's product and service are top notch.

RumRunner
02-07-2003, 09:31 AM
Marv & Ron at The Blower Shop are great guys, make a quality product, and a very easy to deal with.

challengerjet
02-07-2003, 10:03 AM
Kevin is the new owner over at Kuhl, he is really good guy and seems to know his stuff pretty well. I don't think Mike would have let him take it over if he weren't. Just my $.02
cjet

MAXIMUS
02-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I would also have to say the Gene Mooneyham is a
real good guy & very knowledgable. I was real impressed with his packages... quality etc... price seemed real good as well! :)