PDA

View Full Version : A gift for MOM

ADDICTED
04-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Ok guys I am a new poster. As I am sure you can see from my post count. I have been reading the boards for quite sometime no and feel you all can help with this small delima.
Mom turns 47 and has everything. If she wants it she gets. Last year had an oil painting done with me and my sisters. and took pictures of sisters father and dogs. Now I am clue less as what to get her. Anyhting new out for boats that she may enjoy, Motorhomes, sand , any ideas. Hot new products!
Help please her birthday is sunday and we will be in havvy.

mirvin
04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Sounds like you usually get her really nice gifts. Also sounds like she might already have everything she wants.
Might be time for the good ol fashion BIG ASS SET OF FLOWERS. Then you take her out for a nice dinner and really take care of her.
Sometimes gifts get boring. Spoil her with attention this time;)
mirvin

hot_diggity_dog
04-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ADDICTED
Ok guys I am a new poster. As I am sure you can see from my post count. I have been reading the boards for quite sometime no and feel you all can help with this small delima.
Mom turns 47 and has everything. If she wants it she gets. Last year had an oil painting done with me and my sisters. and took pictures of sisters father and dogs. Now I am clue less as what to get her. Anyhting new out for boats that she may enjoy, Motorhomes, sand , any ideas. Hot new products!
Help please her birthday is sunday and we will be in havvy.
Put a bow on the front of my Leopard G-string, and you can give me to her for a Birthday gift. I'm sure she would dig that!
HDD:D

XTRM22
04-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
Put a bow on the front of my Leopard G-string, and you can give me to her for a Birthday gift. I'm sure she would dig that!
HDD:D
HDD, always the giver!:D
Chuck

Scream
04-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Well, from a purely philisophical standpoint, if she already has everything she wants, give her some nice flowers or a nice plant and donate the amount you would have spend in her honor to a worthy cause. I know of one at the top of this forum that comes to mind...
:D

DeltaSigBoater
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM
This may sound a tad 1st grade but bust out the colored construction paper, giltter, and glue and make her a card like we all used to when we were that age... I'll make book that she'll love it!:)

ADDICTED
04-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Those are all good ideas. HDD I am sure she wopuld like the gift until she unrapped the package, then she might be a little disapointed.
Maybe I was going in the wrong direction and some flowers or a home made card will be a good idea. I actually like the home made card quite a bit. Good ideas!
Keep im coming!
I'm sure a winning hand at the poker run this weekened would be nice to. So how do I make that happen?

572Daytona
04-21-2004, 11:58 AM
I bought one of these for my Grandmother a while back and she loves it:
http://www.ceiva.com/
It allows everyone in the family to send her up to date pictures without her having to know anything about computers.

ADDICTED
04-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Thats a good idea. Unfortunatley for me I just mad a purchase. My girlfreind always is sporting her loius bags. My mom could never see spending that much on a bag and would sport the fakey. So now she has a real one coming to her. Damn LV!

MsDrmr
04-21-2004, 12:47 PM
send her on a cruise, or if she likes manicures or pedicures, get her a gift cert. Moms like to be pamperd and even if she can afford it herself, it's always nice to do it on someone else's dime.:confused:

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Is your mom still married to dad or another gentleman, because if she's single, RD is selling Misters on another thread! He'll hook up mom real nice for only a hundred bucks :D

ADDICTED
04-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Nope still happily most of the time married to my father.

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Nope still happily most of the time married to my father.
Nice to hear - just thought I'd help out - you know how women like their "Misters" ;) And we all know how RD has been trying for years to unload them...Actually, they do look pretty cool! (no pun intended :rolleyes:
Enjoy her B-Day....

hot_diggity_dog
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Those are all good ideas. HDD I am sure she wopuld like the gift until she unrapped the package, then she might be a little disapointed.
Maybe I was going in the wrong direction and some flowers or a home made card will be a good idea. I actually like the home made card quite a bit. Good ideas!
Keep im coming!
I'm sure a winning hand at the poker run this weekened would be nice to. So how do I make that happen?
Actually she has seen the package at he Turtle and asked my Nationality after the unveiling of the package.
I told her I was part African American and HUNGarian. LOL
Do you have any digital pictures of pops and her? or of you and her?
You could get them blown up and mounted in a frame.
HDD:cool: