PDA

View Full Version : How many ***boat forum members does it take to change a lightbulb

Lightning
04-21-2004, 01:14 PM
How many ***boat forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?
1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
53 to flame the spell checkers
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped
7 people to post. can this be made a sticky?
46 reporting it as spam because the "lightbulb" company does not sponsor their forum
1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
I found this on another forum and thought it was pretty funny.

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
...and 154 right wing republicans who criticize the methodology of the democrats (who like to reply but can't for being called morons and stupid) for making light bulbs available to every american even when they don't deserve them!:D

Speedin' Ian
04-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Summerlove I respect you for speaking up, I'm sure you're not the only Democrat on the Boards (there must be 2 or 3:D ). It is too bad people can't have a different point of few with out someone saying "your an idiot". Really shows the intelligence of those people, in fact I wonder how many of the people filling the ***boat forums with political threads are that educated in politics and take the time to do nonbiased research on the topics they know so much about. If I ever see you at Havasu I'm coming your way with some cold ones.

1stepcloser
04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
...and 154 right wing republicans who criticize the methodology of the democrats (who like to reply but can't for being called morons and stupid) for making light bulbs available to every american even when they don't deserve them!:D
What a stupid thing to say.
Moron.
:D

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:35 PM
I just like to stir the pot now and then...Most are good guys who have strong beliefs and are entitled to them, just as I'm entitled to my opinions...Thanks, and I'll take you up on that cold one!

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
What a stupid thing to say.
Moron.
Geeze man, lighten up - I was just joking , I thought the light bulb thing was pretty damn funny...;)

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Geeze man, lighten up - I was just joking , I thought the light bulb thing was pretty damn funny...;)
Ok, now I am stupid....duh Summerlove, what a moron you are, you didn't even get your own joke...:rolleyes:

1stepcloser
04-21-2004, 01:40 PM
LOL. Thats funnier (more funny?) than the first.

mirvin
04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
I just like to stir the pot now and then...Most are good guys who have strong beliefs and are entitled to them, just as I'm entitled to my opinions...Thanks, and I'll take you up on that cold one!
Hold on now.... WHo said you were entitled to your opinions;) :D
mirvin

bordsmnj
04-21-2004, 01:47 PM
light bulbs suck

1stepcloser
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
The dem's would have every american entitled to an opinion.

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Hold on now.... WHo said you were entitled to your opinions;) :D
mirvin
My wife when she's not around lets me say whatever I want!:rolleyes:

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
light bulbs suck
Technically, they screw.....

1stepcloser
04-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Technically, they screw.....
Theyre also known to blow.

welk2party
04-21-2004, 01:53 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_9_134.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
As I have said in the past. I Hate to confuse Liberals with the facts........:D :idea2: Then it becomes name calling........:confused:

Boozer
04-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Don't forget 1 to mention that it's okay to change light bulbs while drinking because changing a light bulb is a drinking type event and light bullb changing fatalities were often NOT caused by people drinking.
Also another 1 to make some kind of homosexual reffernce to changing light bulbs.

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 03:10 PM
for making light bulbs available to every american even when they don't deserve them!:D
So now you are supporting a LIGHT BULB tax.........
:rolleyes: :D

summerlove
04-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
So now you are supporting a LIGHT BULB tax.........
:rolleyes: :D
You know, I bet we pay it somehow anyway -- and no, I'm not!;)

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 03:34 PM
You know, I bet we pay it somehow anyway -- and no, I'm not!;)
Actually Summerlove, you are right. It was included in the last budget in California. Fees on monitors, plastic trash bags, light bulbs, CDs, light bulbs, a virtual cornucopia of consumer goods that might or do impact the "solid waste stream". They were fees because they didn't need a 2/3 majority to enact them. Kind of like the proposed .05 gas fee (tax) that the democrats are proposing now (Tom Torlaksen D, Antioch).
And I was just pulling your leg.........;) :D

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 03:47 PM
You forgot about the jerk who offers a custom machined base for the bulb....
Brian

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Brian
The Anodized purple one....??????:D

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 03:53 PM
The Anodized purple one....??????:D
Exactly...
Brian

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Exactly...
Brian
LOL............wonder who you might be referring to..............??? LOL..............:D

bordsmnj
04-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Exactly...
Brian
well if i order one and it can't be threaded can it be blown or screwed?:confused:
...and then some tree huggin' fag will come and bitch about how it turns on too fast, or lights too bright and then the insurance issues will ensue......blah blah blha.....blaha... ha.. ha. ha ha ha ha ha:yuk:

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
well if i order one and it can't be threaded can it be blown or screwed?:confused:
It can be either, just don't ask for the letters to be spelled correctly! haha
BordsMJ

wsuwrhr
04-21-2004, 07:51 PM
LOL............wonder who you might be referring to..............??? LOL..............:D
Not me, I have never spammed in my life...
Brian
:)

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Not me, I have never spammed in my life...
Brian
:)
maybe the question should be "how many Hot Boat Forum Members does it take to CNC machine a light bulb socket?"

Kachina26
04-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Brian
SHAMELESS PLUG

OGShocker
04-22-2004, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Dah, I just got here ! Who got plugged?
Rio
By the way, anyone know a good machinist?
No. I just know RD:D