PDA

View Full Version : Twin Daughteers are teenagers now

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:19 PM
My twin daughters just hit the ranks of teenagers at 12:00:01 am this morning and I think my hair will be grey and less of it in the next few years! On another thread ADDICTED was asking what to get mom for her b-day, I'll ask the same thing here as my wife and I have no idea what to get the kids who have everything!
We are having their room painted and we did get them new Bedroom furniture and we did sign them up for a nice wakeboard camp for this summer but what can we get them for their
B-day???
Help.....

mirvin
04-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder if HDD is gonna offer his "Gstring with a bow on it":D
How old are they? 13? Girls like party's;)
Ok, I admit it, I have no idea what girls like:p
mirvin

Bigyellowcat
04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
have them call me in 5 years.

leibniz
04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Have them call me in 4 years.
:D

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Maybe this wasn't the appropriate place to ask this question! ;)

leibniz
04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
How about:
music CDs (Britney Spears)
Portable CD player
make up stuff.
clothes
shoes/boots
a computer.

Chase
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I think the only way a person could give you an idea of what to buy these girls is to see pictures of them first. We need to see what type of girls they are so we can give accurate ideas as to clothes, cars, jewelery, etc.......see, pictures are worth a thousand words...

summerlove
04-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Chase
I think the only way a person could give you an idea of what to buy these girls is to see pictures of them first. We need to see what type of girls they are so we can give accurate ideas as to clothes, cars, jewelery, etc.......see, pictures are worth a thousand words...
they're the ones in the middle....
http://www.oursummerlove.com/HPIM0890.JPG;)

DeltaSigBoater
04-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
My twin daughters just hit the ranks of teenagers at 12:00:01 am this morning and I think my hair will be grey and less of it in the next few years! On another thread ADDICTED was asking what to get mom for her b-day, I'll ask the same thing here as my wife and I have no idea what to get the kids who have everything!
We are having their room painted and we did get them new Bedroom furniture and we did sign them up for a nice wakeboard camp for this summer but what can we get them for their
B-day???
Help.....
Which wakeboard camp is it? The Mission Bay Aquatic Center? Or The Carlsbad Area? Or othter?... sorry to be nosey but thats what I do for work.
As what to get twin 13 yearold girls I'm at a loss. But I'll toss around some ideas and post back

OGShocker
04-21-2004, 01:59 PM
WOW! Thank God they take after their mother.. j/k:D
You will have your hands full. Soon you'll have (2) two teenaged drivers!:eek:

summerlove
04-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
Which wakeboard camp is it? The Mission Bay Aquatic Center? Or The Carlsbad Area? Or othter?... sorry to be nosey but thats what I do for work.
Just signed them up today for the MBAC summer camp. We head to powell the next week (if there is any water left in the lake) so they're hoping to get prety good. Right now they get up pretty easily and will cross the wake and back, but no tricks yet.
This is Angela right after learning last year at Powell...
http://www.oursummerlove.com/HPIM1034.JPG

Chase
04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Do they have thier own boards yet?? If not maybe new boards for them or thier own ropes??

leibniz
04-21-2004, 02:18 PM
You have some wonderful daughters there. It's great to keep them active and busy, espesially with a great sport like wakeboarding.
Congrats on the great family!
They should still call me in 4 years, btw...
:D

carbonmarine
04-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Summer,
That is a beautiful family. You are indeed a lucky man.
Rick32
PS. THE GOP STORE HAS GREAT GIFT IDEAS ! .... i.e. RE-ELECT BUSH T-SHIRTS & APPEARAL, ETC.....www.gop.com
:cool: :cool:

Chase
04-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Carry cases for thier boards...
Roxy clothes
Billabong clothes
cool sunglasses
Reef clothes
??????

Tom Brown
04-21-2004, 02:23 PM
You've got a beautiful family there, Summerlove. :cool:

Budget Baller
04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Apple Mini Ipods...pink
Good luck finding them.

clownpuncher
04-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Congrats on one hand and good luck on the other. Beautiful girls ya got there.
Teenage girls just kill me. Having seen one go through some tough times (for us) as a teen, and three more girls on their way soon enough, I now understand why I sometimes drink to excess.
I'd suggest a nice limo/night on the town for your daughters and their close friends. Take em to a nice restaurant, movies, the beach, wherever they want to go. Limo's give them a sense of growing up and they get to show off to their friends. Limos are relatively safe too.
Hell, they're teenagers, to them they're stepping into adulthood.
Whatever you decide I'm sure they'll have a good time.
Enjoy their time now, soon "boys" will have them all distracted.
That's another thread though.

totenhosen
04-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Summer,
That is a beautiful family. You are indeed a lucky man.
Rick32
PS. THE GOP STORE HAS GREAT GIFT IDEAS ! .... i.e. RE-ELECT BUSH T-SHIRTS & APPEARAL, ETC.....www.gop.com
Don't you have to go to a Wally George rally or something?

ADDICTED
04-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I have a 14 year old sister that will be fifteen in July, I would also like to hear some input?

summerlove
04-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
I'd suggest a nice limo/night on the town for your daughters and their close friends. Take em to a nice restaurant, movies, the beach, wherever they want to go. Limo's give them a sense of growing up and they get to show off to their friends. Limos are relatively safe too.
THAT's IT!!!! Great call - we thought of that awhile ago but kinda forgot about it....
We'll tell em at dinner tonight!
Oh yea, the boys have just recently started to call....:mad:

summerlove
04-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Not a chance in you know where.....;)

clownpuncher
04-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh yea, the boys have just recently started to call....:mad:
That's why I said "good luck". Hang in there bro. It's tough, but you gotta deal with it. :D

OGShocker
04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
That was BAD!
Funny as you know where but, just bad.:D

Scream
04-21-2004, 03:05 PM
13 year old girls... Let's see, what does my 13 yo do most of the time....
she talks on the phone and instant messages her friends on the computer. That's all she does. She does it all day long. She forgets to eat and sleep and lives for the online/connected experience.
Do yourself a favor and get them thier own phone line and an internet hookup...
Scream <---- I didn't get this name for nothin

phebus
04-21-2004, 04:07 PM
I think a new family boat is in order :D

summerlove
04-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Scream
13 year old girls... Let's see, what does my 13 yo do most of the time....
she talks on the phone and instant messages her friends on the computer. That's all she does. She does it all day long. She forgets to eat and sleep and lives for the online/connected experience.
Do yourself a favor and get them thier own phone line and an internet hookup...
Scream <---- I didn't get this name for nothin
They got their own cell phones for XMAS and we do limit their IM timne to 15 minutes on school nights and we are a little more lax on weekends. But, you're right, they'd spend way too much time online if we let them. It's fun catching them though - they think they're in big chit....:D

Scream
04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
They got their own cell phones for XMAS and we do limit their IM timne to 15 minutes on school nights and we are a little more lax on weekends. But, you're right, they'd spend way too much time online if we let them. It's fun catching them though - they think they're in big chit....:D
My favorite thing to do is to turn off the router when I want the house to be "unconnected". I can hear the frustration in the back of the house when that happens...LOL
My 13 yo isn't the worst offender though. My 17 yo wonders how her mother and I can possibly inflict the cruel and unusual punnishment, normally forbidden by the Constitution, of having to report back to the homestead at an obscenely early hour of 11:00 pm. Are we crazy or something? Ahhh, if I'd have had that attitude with my dad his size 11's would still be impailed in my ass...

DeltaSigBoater
04-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Just signed them up today for the MBAC summer camp. We head to powell the next week (if there is any water left in the lake) so they're hoping to get prety good. Right now they get up pretty easily and will cross the wake and back, but no tricks yet.
This is Angela right after learning last year at Powell...
http://www.oursummerlove.com/HPIM1034.JPG
Oh cool, I just might be one of there Instructors for camp this summer.

Scream
04-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
Oh cool, I just might be one of there Instructors for camp this summer.
Take your shotgun with you dad! j/k I hope.:D :D :D

DeltaSigBoater
04-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey... I got enough problems with girls or actually right now its 1 girl that theres a problem with & thats another issue. :mad:

MagicMtnDan
04-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Get them their own TVs with the channel locked onto Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. :D Based on what I've seen you post they need to have some balance from the right when it comes to politics and the news. :D
Congrats on two great teenagers. Good luck keeping the vultures at bay (the boys).

RiverForUs
04-21-2004, 08:04 PM
How bout pepper spray or mace to fight off all of the boys?:D

summerlove
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Get them their own TVs with the channel locked onto Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. :D Based on what I've seen you post they need to have some balance from the right when it comes to politics and the news. :D
Congrats on two great teenagers. Good luck keeping the vultures at bay (the boys).
Needless to say...I HATE FOX!!!!
except FSW...:D

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Or are you into gun control?????
With two cute daughters, that may change....;) :D

TCHB
04-21-2004, 09:16 PM
My advice is to hold on the teen age years are coming fast. Having two daughters in colledge and it was a challenge when they were in high school.
Start drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!

DUNDUN
04-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Whats up with all the hatred toward the boys?
I guess I understand but not really. Damn, 13 huh? When they're freshmen, I'll only be a junior. Tell them to give me a call in a couple years or so. :D j/k