PDA

View Full Version : Have you Forgotten

Dat Dude
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Worth the time
http://members.cox.net/classicweb/Heroes/heroes.htm

twistedpair
04-21-2004, 05:21 PM
That gives me chills everytime I see it.
Thank You.
And no, I haven't forgotten.

FRENCHIE
04-21-2004, 05:34 PM
very cool thread!! and very touching, good to see once in a while to keep one grounded!;)

hoolign
04-21-2004, 06:09 PM
I will never forget that day! God bless each and everyone that was involved in the Heroic efforts put forth on September 11th.
Jeff

Dat Dude
04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
That grounded thing was what I was going for. Reading through all the threads with the bitchin about this and that, I thought maybe it was time for a reality check. Now back to the bitchin...:argue:

OGShocker
04-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Thank you DD!

Kachina26
04-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Brought tears to my eyes last time and again this time.

clownpuncher
04-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Damn. Speechless again.
Really hits hard.
I put it in my sig. Think I'll keep it there for a while
KMA UBL :mad:

Dr. Eagle
04-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Excellent Post!!!!!!
Like others have said, brings you back to what this whole War on Terror is all about.

Dat Dude
04-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Just to end it up...I for one appreciate all that the military and their families do for us.

Back To Havasu
04-22-2004, 08:24 AM
DD...Like many others, I thank you for this post. It gives me chills, and I believe it should be on national television repeatedly. There is a reason we are free, and we should not sweep under the rug the enormous price that has to be paid for our freedom.

little rowe boat
04-22-2004, 10:55 AM
I will never forget.We should have nuked the bastards before the 2nd plane hit.

Dr. Eagle
04-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
I will never forget.We should have nuked the bastards before the 2nd plane hit.
Having had a son in the Army, I can tell you there is no way to express the feeling that one gets when your loved one is deployed in a combat zone. I feel for every soldiers family that is over there or elsewhere in the world today.
There is no way to adequately express the gratitude I feel for their service.
And I will NEVER forget....

HighRoller
04-22-2004, 12:32 PM
While I was touched too, what I felt most of all was anger. As we speak, several politicians are using the events we just saw to grandstand and finger point on the 9-11 commission. Many of these people are the very ones who enabled the attacks. People such as Dick Clarke could have used the valuable information he gained to help us learn and avoid another 9-11. Instead he used it for his own personal monetary gain in his new book. There WILL be another 9-11, I'm sorry to say. Why? Because liberal politicians and groups such as the ACLU seek to protect the rights of those who perpetrate such evil deeds. Did you know that on the day of 9-11 the security guard at the gate of Logan airport called his supervisor to report several suspicious Arab men boarding with one-way tickets and no luggage? He was told they could not investigate the anomaly because it would be "racial profiling". We all know what happened next. Now the media seems hell-bent on pinning 9-11 on Bush, even though the planning for the entire event happened under Clinton's watch and he refused to take Bin Laden into custody three times when given the chance. The media is out of control on this issue, ignoring the facts in their zeal to get Kerry elected. When have you ever heard a reporter ask Bill Clinton if he should apologize to the country for the attack on the USS Cole? TERRORISTS, not Bush, caused 9-11. I dare say that he has done more than any president since Reagan to stop terrorism around the world and I will support him for this reason. John Kerry wants to turn everything over to the UN, ignoring the fact that they contributed to the mess in a major way. IRAQ's food-for-oil program allowed Saddam to sell oil at a discount to whoever he wanted supposedly to buy food. Well, two things happened instead. First, he sold oil to several companies that were fronts for terror organizations. Second, he used the cash to buy weapons. Do you still say there's no connection between Al Quaeda and Saddam? I don't see any reporters racing over to Kofi Anan and asking him if he owes the world an apology for supporting Saddam. He benefitted financially from this program when the UN charged IRAQ a "commission" on the oil sales. What happened to the billions of dollars that the UN made from these sales? I'd sure like to see Kofi's bank records, wouldn't you?