PDA

View Full Version : A white spring

INEEDAV
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
For any of you that like to complain about your weather problems.
We are suppose to get 12-24 inches of snow here by Friday afternoon, according to our local weather man. That is the high country forecast. It is snowing right now, and suppose to continue on till Friday around midnight.
So, in case you don't happen to check in with social services regularly, there is a 29 year old chubby half bald contstruction mechanic that is mostly house broken with a slight drinking issue up for adoption in the Pikes Peak region. :D

ColeTR1
04-21-2004, 06:01 PM
_
1:_ Start out going East on US-24 E toward N PINE ST. 17.9 miles
2:_ Merge onto I-25 S. 376.0 miles
3:_ Merge onto I-40 W via exit number 226AB toward GALLUP. 530.7 miles
4:_ Take the J STREET exit toward DOWNTOWN. 0.2 miles
5:_ Turn RIGHT onto J ST. 0.1 miles
6:_ End at Needles CA
Total Est. Time:_ 13 hours, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance:_925.63 miles

INEEDAV
04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Think if I go there and put myself in a small cage with a "Free to any home" sign in front of it I might have a chance?

BILLY.B
04-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by INEEDAV
For any of you that like to complain about your weather problems.
We are suppose to get 12-24 inches of snow here by Friday afternoon, according to our local weather man. That is the high country forecast. It is snowing right now, and suppose to continue on till Friday around midnight.
So, in case you don't happen to check in with social services regularly, there is a 29 year old chubby half bald contstruction mechanic that is mostly house broken with a slight drinking issue up for adoption in the Pikes Peak region. :D Hope you take this in a funny way....SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!!:D :D. Your more then welcome to come join us in Needles. In fact i'll have some "HOT" coffee waitin for ya.

INEEDAV
04-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Billy B. Thanks for the offer. I would love to come out, but I have been trying to spend all my extra money getting the boat ready for the water, well that and get Uncle Sam off my ass. Getting close on the boat, mostly need to get out to Sparks and get the engine together.

INEEDAV
04-22-2004, 05:55 PM
Well they changed our forecast, were not getting 12-24 inches of snow, were getting 18-30. Just shovelled the first 10 inches off the porch. I hope you all think of me (and not laugh) when you head to Needles.

Snowboat
04-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Looks like its gonna miss us Billy. We had flurries this afternoon. Checked the weather and it will hit 32' at 5:00 AM. I'll be up by then to make sure nothing freezes. Fired her up last week and I've got water in the block and the intercooler. We leave after the yard apes go off to school. Just me and my girlfriend for the next 1,100 miles. I'll have to tune a bit when I get there. Billy, finish that Cole and met us at Red Rock.

INEEDAV
04-23-2004, 03:30 AM
Ken, your lucky it stayed south. Of course we have proven you can pull a boat through a foot or better of snow for 1000 miles, so you could still have made it.
I have about 16 inches in the driveway right now and it hasn't let up yet. I spent last night looking for jobs on the internet which are at least 500 miles from a mountain and as close to the equator as possible:). Have a good trip, and maybe I will have it done and ready to go by Red Rock.

INEEDAV
04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
I complain about the snow alot, especially in April, but there is a good side to it some times. These mule deer are part of a small herd that hangs out in my neighborhood, they are extremely tame, at times you will look out a window in the house and they will be standing there looking at you. That part of it is nice.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/169deer1042304000_0385.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/169deer2042304000_0387.jpg
Normally this last photo would be a nice view of Pikes Peak, which is just a few miles away as the crow flies. The snow on the ground is deeper than this, It was taken at 0600 today. It is still snowing of course.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/169frontporch042304000_0369.jpg
So I guess there is worse places to be than in high in the mountains in the edge of Pike National Forest.

Sleek-Jet
04-23-2004, 10:13 AM
To bad that's all on the wrong side of the mountains.

Lady Rat Attack 1
04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Sorry you have to put up with such cold weather but your view is wonderful :) what beautiful pictures :cool:

INEEDAV
05-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Ken
When and where is Red Rocks?
I am going to Sparks next week to put the motor together. Then all I will have left is plumbing. Hope to have it ready by the end of the month. I should have it in Gillette by mid to late June to go to Keyhole, I will have to get your work schedule.