PDA

View Full Version : Branson's Resort in Parker

Waldo
04-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Anyone own or used to own a mobile at Bransons Motel & Resort in Parker???
Just wondering what they have sold for recently and also the pros and cons of owning at Bransons.
I know there is no beach but La Paz is right next door for daytime beaching if necessary.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

boatnam2
04-22-2004, 10:19 AM
i have many times nice place the lady that owns it is pretty strict but if your not jacking around its not a problem.riverliver has a trailer in there.dock are a little funky to tie your boat off to.

Jetboatguru
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Don't walk away from Bransons, RUN!!!
Jeannie Branson is the meanest kermugeony old bag of shit you could ever find and she will drain of your money, patience, nerves and senses. I owned a a trailer there a few years ago (B-34). Her scam is this. If you are renting your place out to the snowbirds, you must have cable. You pay your cable bill directly to her. She on the other hand has spliced the cable from the place next door and is charging you. You will pay up the ass for everything (monthly dues etc.) and you will be nickel and dimed to death for miscellaneous BS. Go watch Seinfeld (Soup Nazi episode). Jeannie makes him look like Bob the Enzyte guy.

Waldo
04-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Guru, I really appreciate your input. What if you have satelite??? Does she run the same dealio?
Do you have any examples of her "nickel and dime" stuff?
From what I hear, the current lease has only increased once in 6 years (only $15/mo).
I know they are pretty strict about things but that's okay with me, we are pretty mellow and very family oriented.
I'm really trying to get as much info here as possible before we make any decisions.

boatnam2
04-22-2004, 12:32 PM
what exactly are you trying to do waldo?i didnt want to say it but she is a tight wad b--ch.are you looking to buy or rent for a weekend?

Waldo
04-22-2004, 12:52 PM
We are thinking about buying something in Parker. We know someone that has a place there and they have been pretty happy with theirs. I know you don't own the land at Bransons but it's pretty close to the water, it's not indian land, and the cost seems reasonable for a first river home. We want as much info as possible before any decisions are made.

boatnam2
04-22-2004, 01:06 PM
we pretty much checked everything out when we bought,we got lucky and got a place at river annex which is just up from road runner with its own beach very nice place,but i see they sold a spot there for 110k so even its gotten a little pricey but way better than bransons plus you own the land.tough call how much do you want to spend.

Waldo
04-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Does your place have it's own beach or does the complex have a beach? Either way sounds nice. Just thinking 110K for one with its own beach seems mighty low...Or is 110K for the lot only???
I love that house just up river from Roadrunner with the HUGE private beach and palm trees.
How far up from there are you?
Don't know how much we want to spend yet as we are just testing the waters right now.
110K for a home with beach access doesn't sound too bad. Do your places have garages??

uclahater
04-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
Jeannie Branson is the meanest kermugeony old bag of shit you could ever find and she will drain of your money, patience, nerves and senses. I owned a a trailer there a few years ago (B-34). Her scam is this. If you are renting your place out to the snowbirds, you must have cable. You pay your cable bill directly to her. She on the other hand has spliced the cable from the place next door and is charging you. You will pay up the ass for everything (monthly dues etc.) and you will be nickel and dimed to death for miscellaneous BS. Go watch Seinfeld (Soup Nazi episode). Jeannie makes him look like Bob the Enzyte guy.
Wow Guru tell us how you feel about the Bitch:cool: I think Im rubbing off on you with your post:D

boatnam2
04-22-2004, 01:19 PM
that didnt come out right we sold ours last july and bought a place just below fire station next to miraleste 11 trailers own beach and dock pretty happy with it.we loved river annex but the docks were a little small for our boat.almost built a house there but fouind something we fell in love with.110k was with an old junky trailer.i seen something in marina manor where the market is for 120 or so good deal.well no such thing as a good deal in parker right.do you have to be on the az side?

Waldo
04-22-2004, 01:23 PM
We don't have to be on AZ.
I like River Reflections and River Shore estates. Those seem to go up for sale and are picked up pretty quick.
Also, the new ones going up are the little 1 1/2 mobiles that are overpirced and indian I think.

boatnam2
04-22-2004, 01:32 PM
thats what i was thinking the new ones across from road runner.basically the same place owns just about all the parks on the cali side.all my buddies have places at desert riviera which is nice because it is hooked up to emerald cove so you get to use there pool store kids can golf cart cruise etc etc.actually that is where we went to buy and ended checking out just about every place you can on the cali side and just stopped on teh az side for the hell of it.glad we did when we did.

Boatcop
04-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Little known facts about Branson's Resort.
Her family had hunting/fishing lodges started in the '40s/ '50's as get-aways for a group of people who had resort property in Canada. 3 different resorts. (Jeannie is Canadian, eh,)
Jeannie came up with the idea for a program in the '70s to help keep kids away from drugs. She sponsored a fishing a tournament on the River called "Take a kid Fishing - Get kids hooked on fishing, not drugs" She's received numerous State and National awards for the program, which as been an annual event here in Parker for over 25 years. Dozens of other places around the Country have used the idea, and now have similar programs.
There were a toatal of 3 Resorts belonging to Jeannie and her family. One was here in Parker, the original resort in Canada, and one in Missouri.
Yep. Branson, Mo.
Now you know The Rest Of The Story!

SternDrive
04-23-2004, 06:14 AM
We've been there for about 3 years. Never had any problems with Jeanie. The place is clean and relatively quiet.
I don't want cable, telephone or anything else, so I just rent the space and that's all she charges me for. However, if you're the kind of person who can't seem to follow simple rules then it's best to find another place 'cause she won't put up with any crap.
That's why I like having a place there. No problems with vandalism, noise or theft because she keeps a watchful eye on her place. A couple of weekends last summer, several renters let their college age kids use their places for a party weekend. Jeanie let them party, drink and BBQ until several of the girls got into it about a boy or some crap and they got real LOUD...
Yelling and screaming at each other, the girls lasted about 5 minutes til Jeanie showed up and kicked their asses out!!
-SternDrive

dc96819
04-23-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
She on the other hand has spliced the cable from the place next door and is charging you.Thats a big Fine if she gets caught

Boatcop
04-23-2004, 06:51 AM
She hasn't spliced anything from the place next door.
The place next door on one side is the County Park (which doesn't have cable at that end), and the one(s) on the other side is Thunderbird lodg,e which has been vacant for 20 years, and Cottonwood, which was essentially vacant until about a year or so ago.
The cable company has software that registers ohm drop to detect illegal hook-ups. I've cited/arrested numerous people that the Cable Company has detected over the last several years.
If they can pick up the drop in some rat-hole trailer with one black and white TV, don't you think they could tell if an entire resort was hooked up?
Be careful with accusations that are false.

Waldo
04-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanks for all your replies and keep them coming.

boatnam2
04-23-2004, 07:13 AM
waldo another great option is buying a pull trailer a nice sized one tobek has a really bitchen one for sale put it up at a few of the parks like riverland or rio and keep it there for 30 or so bucks a month and when you plan on coming down have them put it on the water for ya.where else you going to have your own pad on the water for 25 bucks a nght with cable.

Waldo
04-23-2004, 07:16 AM
That is an option we have thought about. My uncle does that exact thing at Echo Lodge.
We like Emerald Cove but haven't gone to their time share seminar or anything.
Still thinking:)

boatnam2
04-23-2004, 07:22 AM
emerald cove is nice but seems very crowded all the time not sure how hard it is to get a beach spot.i had a trailer for a few years at riverland really nice spots plus they have a beach and store and gas.

moonridge
04-23-2004, 08:46 AM
check out moonridge marina. Great spot!!

Rvr2Bch
04-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Little known facts about Branson's Resort.
Her family had hunting/fishing lodges started in the '40s/ '50's as get-aways for a group of people who had resort property in Canada. 3 different resorts. (Jeannie is Canadian, eh,)
Jeannie came up with the idea for a program in the '70s to help keep kids away from drugs. She sponsored a fishing a tournament on the River called "Take a kid Fishing - Get kids hooked on fishing, not drugs" She's received numerous State and National awards for the program, which as been an annual event here in Parker for over 25 years. Dozens of other places around the Country have used the idea, and now have similar programs.
There were a toatal of 3 Resorts belonging to Jeannie and her family. One was here in Parker, the original resort in Canada, and one in Missouri.
Yep. Branson, Mo.
Now you know The Rest Of The Story!
We rented a place at Bransons for about 5 years before moving to the Islander in Havasu. Before we moved our old Motorhome on the site year round, we stayed at the Motel for the first few trips. Nothing but good things to say about the park. Very quiet (We were right by the La Paz Park side), clean, and hassle-free. We hated to leave, and still stop by to say hi to Jeannie when we drive through on our way to Havasu.
Make sure to ask Jeannie to see her "Trophy Room". It is filled with all of her World Record catches from her time at the Artic Circle in Canada. All kinds of fish mounted on the walls, and everything else you can kill, stuff and hang on the wall. The best is the 8ft tall Codiac Bear that she has stuffed standing straight up.
Nothing but great things to say about Bransons. I think there is a mobile home on our old RV site now, but I will look for some pics and scan them and post them.
-Rvr2Bch