PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Sprint

78 Sprint
04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Just wondering why you don't here much about the sprint that eliminator used to make. it seems like you don't even see any used ones for sale, I've seen a few of the bubble decks for sale but not many sprints are the sprints good boats hull, design, and how much hp can they take. what about top speed. I have one just looking for some input. thanks.

MAXIMUS
04-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I spoke to Jack at MPD in Costa Mesa Ca. 949-631-2040 & he told me that they are good boats, but most or all have a delta pad on the bottom which would need to be reworked. They can become a good performer from there!

Oldsquirt
04-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I picked up a stripped Eliminator Sprint hull a few years back. Before buying it, I checked with Jack for some info. It appears there were 3 different bottoms- the Delta pad, a rounded keel with center strakes that stopped short of the transom and a rounded keel with full length strakes. The pad bottom was said to be stable into the low to mid-80's. The short strake rounded keel stable into the mid- to high 80's and the full length strake version stable into the low 90's. I'm going with my fading memory here so the numbers may be slightly off from the info given to me.
The hull I have is the pad-bottom. It actually rides and handles pretty well. Saw a best of 77mph with a moderate 454 and no setup work. Hope to be in the low 80's with the new rideplate setup, diverter and loader.
I don't think there are anywhere near as many Sprints out there as there are Eliminator bubbledecks. The bubbledeck is probably a more family friendly boat as it has considerably more freeboard than the Sprint.
Got any pics of yours? I could really use some interior pics to help me decide what to do with mine.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3633SkiBch2.jpg

toad polumsky
04-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey old squirt , what year is your Eliminator. I have a 1973 that is supposed to be a sprint. The back is more rounded and the deck is flatter. Did Eliminator build any other models back then besides the bubble deck and the sprint?

HotRod Sprint
04-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey OS, it almost sounds like Toad is describing my Daytona Sprint, not to be confused with Eliminator Daytona. NEW JB and Toad, post some pics if you got em.
Rod

Oldsquirt
04-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Toad, mines a 1980. I remember seeing the thread about yours. Although I certainly don't have any solid answer to your question, I do recall seeing an early 70's Eliminator for sale here in the Bay Area a couple years back. It looked very similar to the pic you posted a few days ago. I have heard the "bubbledeck" referred to as a "Sprint" as well. Might just be a case of name confusion? You might try giving Jack a call at the number Maximus posted. Pretty sure he could shed more light on the subject.

toad polumsky
04-23-2004, 06:45 AM
I have never posted any pics of my boat. I will try to post some soon.

Oldsquirt
04-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Hmmmmmm. Must have been someone else asking about a 73 Eliminator. I'll have to see if I can find the pic again.

Oldsquirt
04-23-2004, 08:32 AM
This is the boat I was referring to. I t belongs to Drunk Tank.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1551Cheap_Trick.jpg

sanger mike
04-23-2004, 09:08 AM
I had a sprint, just like squirts but it was orange. im not sure what bottom it had but that thing was fast, no ride plate or shoe and it ran in the low 80s with a mild 454. ive seen the boat at berryessea a few times. ill have too dig up some old pics this weekend and scan them for a post. (great boat) and your right theres not many around.:)

toad polumsky
04-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah that boat looks just like mine. Except that one is a lot nicer.

78 Sprint
04-23-2004, 08:47 PM
thanks for the help, i have some more questions for you. i'm new to this so sorry about the dum questions but what are strakes. mine is a 79 and looks just like the picture of yours i'm waiting for the seats to get recovered then i will see if i can figure out how to post some pictures. it has the original seats two fronts facing forward of coarse and the two rear are side facing, with the engine cover seperate. mine is black and orange,red and yellow. i was pretty happy with the colors because it really don't look like the late seventies colors other than the seats and that was a pretty easy fix. not to thrilled about the black but most of it is covered with graphics. i bought it from a guy who had it since it was a year old its in good shape needed alot of cleaning, has the original gel always been garadged fresh 454ls7 and berkly jg with A impeller freshly rebuild everything seems real thight and runs real strong. also has a shoe and ride plate it also has a smaller ring that is adjustable on the very end of the nozzle can anyone tell me what this is. I gave 5500.00 for it is this an alright deal or did i pay to much thanks for the info.

Moose
04-23-2004, 08:55 PM
It sounds like you got a really nice boat and at a decent price.
The strakes are built into the bottom of the boat and help it track and turn in the water.
The (O-ring aluminum) insert that go's into the end of your diverter is to adjust the back pressure and thus change the thrust from your pump.
Moose

flattie
04-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Here is a pic of my friends Marks Eliminator Sprint one smooth and fast riding hull.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/709DSC00551-med.JPG

Rondo
04-24-2004, 06:40 AM
If anyone is interested, I know were the original Eliminator mold is. I was going to build one this summer. I would like to hear from anyone else who might be interested in buying a bare hull.

toad polumsky
04-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Here is a picture of my Eliminator. A long ways to go. Setting the intake in today.

toad polumsky
04-24-2004, 10:41 AM
Also thought I would show a picture of the beautiful Snake River winding its way past our back door.

HotRod Sprint
04-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by new jet boater
thanks for the help, i have some more questions for you. i'm new to this so sorry about the dum questions but what are strakes. mine is a 79 and looks just like the picture of yours i'm waiting for the seats to get recovered then i will see if i can figure out how to post some pictures. it has the original seats two fronts facing forward of coarse and the two rear are side facing, with the engine cover seperate. mine is black and orange,red and yellow. i was pretty happy with the colors because it really don't look like the late seventies colors other than the seats and that was a pretty easy fix. not to thrilled about the black but most of it is covered with graphics. i bought it from a guy who had it since it was a year old its in good shape needed alot of cleaning, has the original gel always been garadged fresh 454ls7 and berkly jg with A impeller freshly rebuild everything seems real thight and runs real strong. also has a shoe and ride plate it also has a smaller ring that is adjustable on the very end of the nozzle can anyone tell me what this is. I gave 5500.00 for it is this an alright deal or did i pay to much thanks for the info.
NJB, that sound like you got a pretty good deal. I paid 2000.00 for my Daytona Sprint, without a motor. With a motor and pump rebuild, and all the ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching, I'm right at the number you paid and still counting. The ring on the end of the nozzle sounds like a Place Diverter "Fine tuning nozzle".
Old Squirt, I know you are still looking for original interior pics for your Eliminator, but it sounds like just about every Sprint out there, no matter what builder used the two side by side seats like in mine. I have now seen pics of other Daytona Sprints, Beisemeyer Jet Sprints, and now a description of NJB's Elimintator all having the same setup.
Rod

Oldsquirt
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
.....Old Squirt, I know you are still looking for original interior pics for your Eliminator, but it sounds like just about every Sprint out there, no matter what builder used the two side by side seats like in mine. I have now seen pics of other Daytona Sprints, Beisemeyer Jet Sprints, and now a description of NJB's Elimintator all having the same setup.
Rod
Rod, I'm actually interested in the details so I can replicate it as closely as possible. Looks like the one Flattie posted might even be using a front bucket/rear bench setup. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....:D
Hey Flattie, got any close up interior pics of your buddy's boat?

TRG
04-24-2004, 05:55 PM
got any side shots of your hull dustin?

78 Sprint
04-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Oldsqurit as soon as i get my seats back and figure out how to post some picture i will, they are all original just had them recovered. Thanks for all the info you guys its really amazing how helpful you guys have been and you sure can learn a ton of info on this this site. thanks again

HotRod Sprint
04-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT
Rod, I'm actually interested in the details so I can replicate it as closely as possible. Looks like the one Flattie posted might even be using a front bucket/rear bench setup. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....:D
Hey Flattie, got any close up interior pics of your buddy's boat?
I can send you my side by sides as patterns when I get my rear bench upholstered.
Rod

Rondo
04-26-2004, 04:05 PM
For your info; The picture of the Sprint posted by Flattie was taken in Wisconsin and it was built in Eliminator's Wisconsin fatory in 1989! It is one fast and clean boat. The hull was built with AME 4000 resin. Light and strong. Some really nice boats came from there!
Also, the interior was built at Wendy's Upholstery in Shawano WI!. The front seat are 'glass buckets with a vinyl padded skin.. The back seat is a wood base resin coated piece. Four colors in the pins on white pearl vinyl. Looks nice.
I think Eliminator of WI built about 25 of this boats in their short 6 year history but this was one of the nicest.
"Keep-on-Jettin'"

toad polumsky
04-26-2004, 04:39 PM
73 Eliminator, 04 American Turbine SD-312.

TRG
04-26-2004, 05:54 PM
nice job!
especially like the pump...how it has no coting on it! blank canvas!:D
oh and you had better get to sanding too!

toad polumsky
04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
More sanding than I even care to think about! Also the hole in the transom has to be filled between the pump and the old cut out for the Drake pump.

flattie
04-27-2004, 07:58 AM
When He gets the boat out of storage I will take some pics for you
Flattie