PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Drivers

AZmike
04-22-2004, 01:45 PM
I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE OCTOBER AND ITS GREAT, EXCEPT DRIVERS HERE DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHEN IT COMES TO DOUBLE YELLOW LINES. ANYONE ELSE IN AZ NOTICE THIS, OR AM I JUST CRAZY?

roln 20s
04-22-2004, 01:46 PM
The thing I notice the most in Phx- no one knows how to enter or exit a freeway. Accelerate people, and then decelerate once off of the freeway, not a mile before the exit. I think this is part of the reason for traffic stopping.
Roln 20s

91nordic29
04-22-2004, 02:32 PM
what about the double yellows?:confused:

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Some really good friends of ours live in Arizona and I have noticed that whenver they e-mail us they always use the caps lock button.
Isn't that strange?
lol/jk;)

Dr. Eagle
04-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Some really good friends of ours live in Arizona and I have noticed that whenver they e-mail us they always use the caps lock button.
Isn't that strange?
lol/jk;)
NO NOT SO'S YOU'D NOTICE.......lol

HCS
04-22-2004, 02:56 PM
MUST BE MAD!

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 02:57 PM
:D
LOL
(my 600th post)

Outnumbered
04-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I can tell you first hand that they are not half as bad as the drivers here in the 909 in Cali. My experience has been that the freeways are less crowded and people drive much slower. Overall I would say a better situation.
OL

91nordic29
04-22-2004, 03:23 PM
AZ mIke--
are you referring to the middle turn lane marked with broken yellows? if so, you may turn left from that lane from either direction.
then we have a couple of streets that utilize the middle turn lane as an extra lane during rush hours. heading south in the morning and north in the evening, no left turns at the intersections
what is there to understand???:D ;)

AZmike
04-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I'M NOT MAD, THE CAPS STAY LOCKED BECAUSE WORK SOFTWARE REQUIRES CAPS. SORRY
HEY 91NORDIC,
THE LANES I'M REFERRING TOO ARE THE SOLID YELLOW LINES.
:D

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 03:38 PM
OK
;)

AZmike
04-22-2004, 03:40 PM
YES THE PHX. TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE 909 TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS. I USED TO LIVE IN CORONA AND COMMUTE TO FULLERTON EVERY DAY. THAT ENOUGH STRESS TO KILL ANYONE

Outnumbered
04-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by AZmike
YES THE PHX. TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE 909 TRAFFIC AND DRIVERS. I USED TO LIVE IN CORONA AND COMMUTE TO FULLERTON EVERY DAY. THAT ENOUGH STRESS TO KILL ANYONE
Any regrets on the move? Were making the move next month:)
OL

Outnumbered
04-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
Any regrets on the move? Were making the move next month:)
OL
Hey that was my 909th post...weird:D

HCS
04-22-2004, 03:53 PM
My work requires large caps. I just push the caps button before
I type on here.

fourspeednup
04-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Cruise over to Tempe some time....just make sure you have good insurance!:D :D
People over here can't drive for shit! They make eye contact, wait for you, THEN CUT YOU OFF while there are open lanes! I overheard a conversation yesterday while waiting for a light--a chick was talking on her cell phone next to me in the left turn lane and was complaining about the ticket she'd just gotten. When the light changed, she proceeded to go straight....I jumped on it and got out ahead of her and she ran into the guy behind me!
(Who said driving aggressively doesn't pay off?;) )

AZmike
04-22-2004, 04:00 PM
there my caps are off..... The only regret i have is not bringing my chick with me;)

AZmike
04-22-2004, 04:02 PM
hey four speed,
i'm in tempe till november!!!! and yes people like to cut you off in that town...

fourspeednup
04-22-2004, 04:06 PM
hey four speed,
i'm in tempe till november!!!! and yes people like to cut you off in that town...
Buncha crazy college kids;)
I didn't catch your location...oops:D Welcome to my world:cool:

Krazy K
04-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Just be glad you don't live up here!
Going through parking lots, you have to keep your eyes open because they (peds) will cross right in front of you w/o looking. I've been here almost 6 years and and I still laugh because i think to myself, "Yeah, try that in California, you'll get run over"
If the street sign says "Speed 35", they drive 30. If it says 45, they drive 35. AARRGGHHHHH!
Oh,and they pull out of driveways in front of you way worse than they did in Cali.
When i go to CA to visit, I have to revert to the way I drove when I lived there. I certinately don't miss the clogged 5 lanes in each direction freeways!!

AZmike
04-22-2004, 05:10 PM
hey krazy,
I revert back to california driving techniques every other weekend. I get to Blythe and start driving like shit again? Just trying to get ready for the 91 west bound:D

little rowe boat
04-22-2004, 05:13 PM
That bull,us 909ers are the best drivers in the state!:yuk:

AZmike
04-22-2004, 05:21 PM
alright you guys drive alright..... i'm just saying that cause your a firefighter though....
rowe where do you work?

little rowe boat
04-22-2004, 05:24 PM
alright you guys drive alright..... i'm just saying that cause your a firefighter though....
rowe where do you work?
The City of Riverside Fire Dept.

H20bug
04-22-2004, 06:31 PM
People have these techniques down to a science here in az, for example:
1.)driving down the street, like its the 24hr race at lemans, and at the very last minute, cut all the way from the fast lane over to the right to make a right hand turn. All the while oblivious to the screeching tires, and then missing out on the universal salute, that I gladly use to show my appreciation!:D
2.) Sitting at a red light, bent over the seat frantically searching for that lost tic tac, and then taking such a long time, that I actually grow a F%^&*#%ing beard waiting on your sorry ass to move!!!
3.) Driving down the painted middle dividers, like its your private express lane, what you think we all like to sit in traffic... toolboy!!!!!?
4.) and one of my personal fav's driving on the freeway....... and oops.....the cell phone rings.... lets answer it, and then forget that the right pedal is the accelerator. Better yet, hang up the phone, or use a hands free set!!!!!!!
5.) people who feel the need to run up your ass, because it reminds them of the drafting technique nascar uses, and then get upset, when the driver in front brake checks there ass!!!
6.) ahhh.....my favorite one of all. Lets comb our hair, fix our face, apply mascara WHILE TRYING to operate a 3 ton chunk of metal!!!!!.... safely! #$#%$%$#$%--- Get your lazy ass outa bed a little sooner, I would like to grow older & watch my kids grow up!! ( no offense to all ladies out there)
WHEW!!!! mad: :yuk: :yuk: :wink: :cool:
Man I had a bad day!!!!!!!:wink:

Debbolas
04-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Thats pretty bad.....
In LA I have seen people:
Shave while driving
READ the paper while driving
EAT, (well I guess we all do that)
Phone, of course
Talk & Yell to themselves
Fall asleep at the wheel....(really at a stoplight)
:rolleyes: