PDA

View Full Version : Broken B-Max: beware of warranty HP restriction

Robbie Racer
06-24-2002, 06:16 PM
I snapped the prop shaft on my B-Max drive yesterday and today found out that it won't be covered under warranty because my 980 hp (at 5 psi) motor is over the 850 hp warranty limit. There is also some kind of weight restriction too but I didn't get into that since my hp had already disqualified me. When I bought the drive a year ago, I was under the impression that it would handle a 1,000 hp motor but apparently that isn't the case. I wanted to post this in order for other people to learn from my mistake.

HeavyHitter
06-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Boy, I remember talking to them and it seemed clear that they were stating 1000+ hp drive. I guess you really have to make sure and read the small print. I'm glad I decided against them. What swayed me was when I asked about it handling 1000+ ft-lbs. They said no way.
Did the nose cone help speed and trim angle?

Robbie Racer
06-24-2002, 07:14 PM
I haven't had a chance to send the lower unit in for the nose cone modification. The weather has just been too nice. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

BoatFloating
07-01-2002, 08:56 PM
I have a Buddy who has one new this year. Over 1000hp on a V bottom. B-max said go out and try and break it in the first year. He had a gear let go due to shifting cable not adjusted correctly. Not only did Bmax fix it no questions asked they even let him use a beater boat for the day and bought him dinner when parts didn't show up as promised. To me that is service. Got over 40hrs on drive no problems. If I ever get to that HP I'll get a Bmax over any other Bravo 1 beefed up drive from Teague or Imco etc. I've know people who run the Bmax with a lot of ponies and no problems. Just my oppinion
BF......