PDA

View Full Version : Do you Induce? 2

502 JET
03-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Dou you run an inducer impeller?If so what difference did you see when you installed it?Did you gain any top end speed or did just pull harder out of the hole?

Duane HTP
03-31-2006, 08:28 PM
They help the hole shot on a high HP or heavy boat a lot. They do not do anything for top speed, unless your pump wasn't loading properly to start with. They are a great product.

promod
04-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Dou you run an inducer impeller?If so what difference did you see when you installed it?Did you gain any top end speed or did just pull harder out of the hole?
hey 502
well worth it, i run an alky motor and the boat pulls three times harder out of the hole, turn your shaft down and slap ya one in there, well worth the money
also going from a droop to a snoot i just got from duane, going to see how much better it runs, duane is a great guy he will point you in the right direction
ProMod
Grant D

Fast Freddy
04-01-2006, 07:09 AM
my open bow kachina weighs in at a hefty 1800 lbs. so i run a inducer along with my A-B cut impeller. i also have a pro loader intake grate, ride plate and shoe. anyway, the inducer stopped all cavitation when coming out of the hole but seemed to cost me 1-2 mph on the top end.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-01-2006, 07:25 AM
seemed to cost me 1-2 mph on the top end.
I have heard this from a few others. Ron Baker"topless" said that when he ran one it knocked off mph on his eliminator. I havent used mine yet but I will post info one I do.

wet77
04-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I got my bronze B and DPS Inducer from HTP last year.
502 Jet, I can not tell you the difference with or without because I never tried my boat without one.
But on my 21' daytona 700hp with 5 adults I can mash the throttle to the floor from a idle and not blow out the pump :)
My old 18' without it never could do that and it was a lighter boat too!

502 JET
04-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I am just trying to find out all the available info out there from people who have done this stuff before.This is how we all learn.I still have about 6 weeks before my engine is done and I just want to learn what is the best way to put my pump back together and what to use without wasting money on parts that wont make much of a difference.I am not building a drag boat or a race boat.I just want the best results for the money spent.

Big H
04-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Where the 1-2 mph loss stems from is the inducer helping to place a greater water load against the impeller and the engine's inability to overcome the force as easily. Pump efficiency is increased and a 1-2 mph loss is not uncommon.
A little more horsepower will fix it! :idea:

RCB19
04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
The DPS is a great addition to ANY pump. To reap the maximum benefits of the inducer have it detailed as you would with your impeller. The DPS units are pretty crude out of the box.

Cs19
04-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Ive got alot of data with an inducer and without an inducer, from what I saw in the data it picked up more water at the initial hit of the throttle, but that is all it was good for in my application.
Very small gain for my boat considering the price tag.

502 JET
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Ive got alot of data with an inducer and without an inducer, from what I saw in the data it picked up more water at the initial hit of the throttle, but that is all it was good for in my application.
Thanks cs you told me what I wanted to hear.

sanger rat
04-02-2006, 09:00 PM
For a lake boat I think it's worth it to keep the impeller loaded when running in chopping water.

Rexone
04-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, the posts relevant to the topic are 12 out of 48. Not a very good record for you guys. I've copied the thread and moved this relevant to topic reduced version back to Just Jets minus all the bickering and off topic bullshit. The original unedited version will remain in Bench Racers in case you have the desire to piss all over each other some more. If this Jet version of the thread becomes polluted again I'll recommend that Hammerdown just delete it completely. It's up to you guys what YOU want this forum to be. A little self policing and self control will go a long way. The moderators don't have time to babysit crap like this. Carry on.
As a footnote if any member joins up here for the purpose of flaming and bashing another member with no useful contribution to the tech forums they will likely be banned.

TexasJet
04-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Ok, the posts relevant to the topic are 12 out of 48. Not a very good record for you guys. I've copied the thread and moved this relevant to topic reduced version back to Just Jets minus all the bickering and off topic bullshit. The original unedited version will remain in Bench Racers in case you have the desire to piss all over each other some more. If this Jet version of the thread becomes polluted again I'll recommend that Hammerdown just delete it completely. It's up to you guys what YOU want this forum to be. A little self policing and self control will go a long way. The moderators don't have time to babysit crap like this. Carry on.
As a footnote if any member joins up here for the purpose of flaming and bashing another member with no useful contribution to the tech forums they will likely be banned.
Thank you very much for deleting all the crap. I for one am very tired of all the name calling and such. I think prople that start that stuff should be banned as soon as they do it.

v-drive
04-03-2006, 04:11 AM
Thank you Michael....v-drive

Mr. Crusader 83
04-03-2006, 05:40 AM
"do you induce?"
only when she's passed out!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
04-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Thank You Micheal---REXONE!!!!! Whatever, I will do my part to save this forum. Budlight Wicked Performance Boats

Rondane
04-03-2006, 08:24 AM
For a lake boat I think it's worth it to keep the impeller loaded when running in chopping water.
why do you think this? Have you tried your setup(the way it is now)with and without it.
rondane

LGCDEVIL
04-03-2006, 08:39 AM
If you have the pump apart, machine the shaft for the inducer. You can try it both ways. If you decide you don't like it on your boat, put a spacer on the shaft in place of the inducer. On my stuff, hated it on one boat, worked great on the other.

pce680
04-03-2006, 12:02 PM
The inducer is a good crutch if you run a small impellor or have a cavatation
problem.You don't need it if you run a "A' impellor and get your pump loaded correctly.
The "as" cast ones seem to flex alot.The N/C machined ones from billet material seem to be stronger. :cool:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
You should keep the pump loaded in ANY boat.

steelcomp
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
The inducer is a good crutch if you run a small impellor or have a cavatation
problem.You don't need it if you run a "A' impellor and get your pump loaded correctly.
The "as" cast ones seem to flex alot.The N/C machined ones from billet material seem to be stronger. :cool:How do you know if an inducer is flexing??

sleekcrafter
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Every little bit helps when you are in the 8.50 bracket rollside:

sleekcrafter
04-03-2006, 05:52 PM
As it's been explained to me, for big HP applications, inducers are best used with the smaller cut impellers, to help in the control of launch caviation. A race prepped impeller helps some, add an inducer for further improvement, and for better yet improvement, get the inducer detailed. Ok, now you got a set-up that will remove all the water, under you when you stab the throttle. Now you need a launch controller, to moderate the power being applied. it never ends :)
Sleek

SmokinLowriderSS
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I haven't posted anything because I am not running an inducer, but I am also following this thread as, with the increasing HP I keep nudging into, I may develop a cavitation problem on holeshot. Trying to learn from other's experiences before doing just like you 502. :)
Thx for the editing job Rex1, your efforts ARE apreciated. :cool:

sanger rat
04-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You should keep the pump loaded in ANY boat.
ya think? :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
ya think? :rolleyes:
um um um maybe :rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you roll your eyes they why did you post that? Just curious........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Damn chris, what more do you need???? You know youve got some nice hardware;);)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks cs you told me what I wanted to hear.
If you saw his setup then you wouldnt say that;) When I saw his boat at the races he had top notch parts in that boat.

Cs19
04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Damn chris, what more do you need???? You know youve got some nice hardware;);)
Ever heard the saying "On this trailer lies a disease there is no sure for" ???

Scoobinator
04-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Here is a detailed inducer from MPD.
Every little bit helps if you wanna hang with the BIG DOGS.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12697&stc=1

bp
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
hmm.. looks just like mine... :cool:

sleekcrafter
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Well there is another cat out of the bag :p
BP...Do they help in a more consistant or more predicable launch?
Is it true you can still over power them, on the holeshot?
Sleek

Rondane
04-05-2006, 06:51 AM
hey scoobinator what difference did you notice by having that inducer detailed? First i've seen of that.
rondane

hellman2u
04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Mine is also identical ! Hi BP See you in Red Bluff ! Scoobinator, do you have a good picture of your sprint posted somewhere ? at least I think it's a sprint, right ? CDBA HOWLER #439 Jim Deboard

Scoobinator
04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
hey scoobinator what difference did you notice by having that inducer detailed? First i've seen of that.
rondane
I just had it installed with a bunch of other work and havent had a chance to try it out but what I am told it helps that initial hit of the throttle out of the hole. Every Little bit helps when it comes to racing.

Scoobinator
04-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Mine is also identical ! Hi BP See you in Red Bluff ! Scoobinator, do you have a good picture of your sprint posted somewhere ? at least I think it's a sprint, right ? CDBA HOWLER #439 Jim Deboard
You are right I have a sprint. I don't have any pictures of it on the net but I'm working on it.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12730&stc=1 http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12731&stc=1

502 JET
04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I have been reading everyones input about the inducer thanks for replying to my post.I dont know what the DPS inducer is made from.Does he make them himself?What do you think of this inducer from Precision Jet Drive?http://www.precisionjetdrive.com/mall/prod04.asp

Placecraft Dragstar
04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
You are right I have a sprint. I don't have any pictures of it on the net but I'm working on it.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12730&stc=1 http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12731&stc=1 NICE BOAT!!!!!

sleekcrafter
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I have been reading everyones input about the inducer thanks for replying to my post.I dont know what the DPS inducer is made from.Does he make them himself?What do you think of this inducer from Precision Jet Drive?http://www.precisionjetdrive.com/mall/prod04.asp
They are both Stainless steel, DPS is a cast unit, the Precision unit is Billet. What grade stainless??? I don't what either use.
Sleek

Scoobinator
04-05-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure which inducer to go with but from what I was told there not as eficiant as if you had it reworked. The only thing I can tell you is to call MPD at (949)631-2040 the guy there has been around this kind of stuff for over 30 years he would know best.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I wonder how much it would run to detail a inducer. That might be a good idea :idea: :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-05-2006, 08:15 PM
What if you just put a few coats of speedcoat on it??? :idea: :idea:

Placecraft Dragstar
04-06-2006, 03:48 AM
There Is Alot More To Detailing An Inducer Than Just Spraying Speedcoat!

Rondane
04-06-2006, 05:44 AM
I wonder how much it would run to detail a inducer. That might be a good idea :idea: :idea:
Does anyone have any data to back up that an inducer detailed versus stock makes a difference? I think the money is better spent elsewhere as i've never seen them installed other than stock by don. It's made to stop cavitation not make it. That billet one looks like a very nice piece,didnt know they were made. The detailing is already done.
rondane.
P.S. Placecraft...shut your piehole till you get credible! :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
There Is Alot More To Detailing An Inducer Than Just Spraying Speedcoat!
No sh!t there you go killin' the thread again!! Go back to the blue oyster :rolleyes:
Back to the thread!
Would it make a difference if it was speedcoated? I spedcoat impellers to where they wear....