PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen tickets.....

RiverForUs
04-22-2004, 10:24 PM
....go on sale Sunday for the August 16th show at the Pond. That show is about a mile from my house and the day before my birthday.
Does anyone know the best plan to buy tickets without going to the Pond ticket booth? Beside the internet? Never had any luck with that.
Waaaayyyyyy back in the day we use to go to a department store (Sears or Macy's ?)and buy tix from ticketmaster there with no lines.
What's the best way nowadays?

Coughlin's Law
04-22-2004, 11:25 PM
There is currently a "Pre-Sale" going on for AOL customers only. That might be your best bet. A friend of mind just got tickets today for the show at Staples.
Details from www.van-halen.com
April 21 - AOL Presale. A TICKETS ONLY Pre-Sale just for AOL members begins Wednesday April 21 at 4:00 PM Local Time. AOL KEYWORD: VAN HALEN PRESALE
Another, spendy route was buying tickets through the http://www.iloveallaccess.com web site which I did (I'm a huge fan).
They were selling ticket packages that included going back stage, seeing the band do the sound check earlier in the afternoon, food, drinks and tickets with the first 10 rows. Those tickets were $395 a piece and went on sale on Tuesday for Staples, The Pond and Coors Amphitheater San Diego (I was only able to get tickets for San Diego), but I am totally stoked.
Here's what you get....
http://www.iloveallaccess.com
You're not just a fan. You're a fanatic.
"There's nothing like it - the noise, the magic of being backstage while the crew runs around setting things up before a rock show. And you'll be there in the middle of it all. You'll be taken around as the riggers are in the rafters, the guitar techs get things tuned, and you are privy to Van Halen's inner sanctum. You'll even get a sneak peek of the show at Van Halen's sound check! Then, hang out at an exclusive party having a bite, having a drink, and collecting your special Van Halen package of goodies. Finally, it's out front to your seat in the first 10 rows while Eddie, Alex, Michael and Sammy rock you harder than you've ever been rocked before!"
Each Five Star Package Includes:
1 Ticket in the First Ten (10) Rows
Five Star Laminate
Backstage Tour**
Pre-Show Party**
Soundcheck
Early Visit to the Merchandise Stand
Exclusive Van Halen T-shirt
Tour Program
Good luck....it's 5150 Time!!!!
Coughlin

Rubths
04-23-2004, 06:52 AM
My wife came home with tickets for us last night:D WOOOOOOOOOEFFFFFFIN WHOOOOOOOO cant wait;)

Kilrtoy
04-23-2004, 12:59 PM
THIS IS BULLSHIT,
Sell the tickets all at the same time, I hate AOL, had it when the internet first came out and they sucked.
Now I can't buy tickets until sunday.
So basically Im screwed and probably won't even get tickets

WILDERTHANU
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I GOT TICKETS ALREADY......SHITS GONNA ROCK!!! I SEE MICHAEL ANTHONY QUITE A BIT.

WILDERTHANU
04-23-2004, 01:28 PM
HE SURE DOES....I GREW UP WITH HIS NEPHEW, HE LIVES 10 MIN FROM MY HOUSE. "NASTYONE" ON THESE BOARDS HAS AS WELL.

RiverForUs
04-23-2004, 11:35 PM
I missed th AOL presale by 2 hrs and 16 minutes. If I hadn't have gone to Sizzler I would have been online earlier and maybe have gotten tickets. FU*K.......Now I have to send my wife to stand in line at the Pond or try online while she uses her cell and the house phone at the same time (triple the chance.)

LASERRAY
04-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by RiverForUs
I missed th AOL presale by 2 hrs and 16 minutes. If I hadn't have gone to Sizzler I would have been online earlier and maybe have gotten tickets. FU*K.......Now I have to send my wife to stand in line at the Pond or try online while she uses her cell and the house phone at the same time (triple the chance.) Damn, I guess the days of camping-out in front of Ticket Master and Ticketron are over. I used to do that all the time back in the 80's.:cool:

RiverForUs
04-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Damn, I guess the days of camping-out in front of Ticket Master and Ticketron are over. I used to do that all the time back in the 80's.:cool:
I use to do that all the time in the mid-80's while in high school for a couple of girls that owned a ticket agency. Something like $20 if we went early in the a.m. or $40 if we stayed the night in line. We could get paid in cash or with a ticket to the show.
Did you know those 'Event Staff' guys were on the take? With a double-random process, we would often end up with the very first ticket out of hundreds of people. Owner of the ticket agency would meet with one of the guys off-site and hand over an envelope of money.

LASERRAY
04-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by RiverForUs
I use to do that all the time in the mid-80's while in high school for a couple of girls that owned a ticket agency. Something like $20 if we went early in the a.m. or $40 if we stayed the night in line. We could get paid in cash or with a ticket to the show.
Did you know those 'Event Staff' guys were on the take? With a double-random process, we would often end up with the very first ticket out of hundreds of people. Owner of the ticket agency would meet with one of the guys off-site and hand over an envelope of money. This explains why i'd never get anything within 100 yards of the band even if close to the front of the line. Those fockers. I don't have time for that shit anymore. Nowadays, it's all about who you know.;)

RiverForUs
04-25-2004, 10:33 PM
...as the wife was able to get through on the phone. 8 tix in section 402. Couldn't be farther away from the stage but at least I'll be there!:D
Should be a good week: Van Halen Monday, birthday Tuesday, and then the river Thursday thru Monday. Can't wait!:D

Kilrtoy
04-25-2004, 10:45 PM
i HEAR YA, 302 AT STAPLES,
what a scam

CA Stu
04-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Being a suity of beer and come on over.
I'll crank VH I and VH II and we can kid ourselves about how cool we are/were ...
Thanks
CA Stu
PS bring earplugs and Advil :(