PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Truck / Tribute

Her454
04-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Anyone Ever Seen This?
..This Common Carrier brought us a frozen load of Gilroy Foods today. This truck was awesome. You can decide whether or not it is. Here is some info I took down after talking with the owner operator.
Their names are John & Amy Holmgren. They live in Shafer Minn. They thought this would be a nice tribute to the people that lost their lives.
It has every name of each person that lost their life on 9-11. This concept was thought up by John and Amy, and totally paid for by them. John says he will be awhile paying the loan off that he had to take out to do it but, thought this was the least he could do. Applied Graphics in Fargo ND did most of the work and Paul Kosenski did the Hand painting.
He said that he got to meet the Country Singer Darryl Worley, who Sang the song "Have You Forgotten" and has gotten pulled over 3 times by the police just to get their picture taken by this truck. (I would have pulled him over too!!)
He plans on attending the Mid America Truck show in Louisville KY in March. I thought our employees may enjoy seeing the pics. It is called the Rolling 9-11 Memorial, it has all the names of the people that were killed on that day and the flights they were on plus some other graphics on the side of the Tractor
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1399115-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1399114-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1399113-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1399112-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1399111-med.jpg

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
That is awsome..............

Lightning
04-23-2004, 09:08 AM
That is awesome...

Aqua Boogie1
04-23-2004, 09:10 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!! It really tugs at the heart. How could you ever forget.......

FRENCHIE
04-23-2004, 09:16 AM
what she said!:D

Scream
04-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Aqua Boogie1
WOW!!!!!!!!! It really tugs at the heart. How could you ever forget.......
Ask those opposed to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It didn't take them long

Her454
04-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Yes and I'd like to park that right on their front lawn. :):)

summerlove
04-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Scream
I think that truck is awesome - I admire those that helped in the effort and the determination of the owners to keep the message fresh and alive.
I admire guys like OG for his graphics on his boat so that those who see it, they will "Never Forget" the events of 9/11.
I admire every soldier in the American Military and wish them Godspeed and a safe return home to their families.
I admire the men and women who have lost their lives in the war in Afganistan and Iraq and those who have been injured.
I admire the families who have sacrificed.
I do not, however, admire those who make an attemt to say that the events of 9/11 have been forgotten by people who did not support the war effort in Iraq. While I completely support 1000% the efforts in Afganistan, I did not support the effort in Iraq. Since we have committed troops to that area and we are there, I want those men and women to get in and get the job done and get home to their families asap. Iraq is completely messed up right now, and we need to control it or else we'll lose many more soliders. I place the blame squarely on the top levels of our Government and the military planners. We should all be asking ourselves as the fatalities continue to rise, what is wrong over there? I want to know!
I am as much an American as the next guy, but I'll be damed if someone implies I am anyless American because I question the Iraq war. As an American, I am given that right. And so are you.

04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Traci, That is quite moving, brought a tear to my eye. We better not ever forget what those bastards did to us that day. It is a crying shame that a large part of our population do not realize we are in a struggle for our lives. If given a half a chance those bastards would not think twice to do it again. Thanks for posting.

Her454
04-23-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
I am as much an American as the next guy, but I'll be damed if someone implies I am anyless American because I question the Iraq war. As an American, I am given that right. And so are you.
I completely agree with your statement, and by quoting that comment, my feelings are directed to those that are opposed and are publicly negative while our troops are there. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I feel if our troops are there, we cant change that now, and regardless of opinion, we need to support them not try and bring them down.
Not speaking for Scream, but I am assuming that was the intent also.

summerlove
04-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Her454
I completely agree with your statement, and by quoting that comment, my feelings are directed to those that are opposed and are publicly negative while our troops are there. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I feel if our troops are there, we cant change that now, and regardless of opinion, we need to support them not try and bring them down.
I could not agree with your comments more! Thank you for saying it better than I!

Her454
04-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by 058
Traci, That is quite moving, brought a tear to my eye. We better not ever forget what those bastards did to us that day. It is a crying shame that a large part of our population do not realize we are in a struggle for our lives. If given a half a chance those bastards would not think twice to do it again. Thanks for posting.
058, I will never ever forget and I try and pass things like this along when I receive them. I am a firm believer in the thought that they will in fact try this again on American Soil and I think that forgetting is very very dangerous.

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow.................
I am speechless...........

BarryMac
04-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Nice tribute to some great american heros.

welk2party
04-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Nicely done!

Her454
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
I keep taking another peek at this truck, I think this would bring me to tears if I saw it rolling down the road.

MASTERKENDOG
04-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Bitchin'. Nuff said.

Kilrtoy
04-23-2004, 12:21 PM
That is awesome:D

Mrs. Restless22
04-23-2004, 12:25 PM
That is beautiful :( :)