PDA

View Full Version : Drain plug

Taylorman
04-23-2004, 01:04 PM
How does everyone put in the drain plug from the inside or outside. I always put mine in from the inside. I don't know if putting it in from the outside is ok or not. Stupid minor detail i know, but just a thought i had.

miller19j
04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
I put mine in from the outside. I don’t think that I could get it in from the inside if I wanted to.
I always carry a spare in the boat. You never know when you or someone else will need one.

Lightning
04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
I have never seen a boat with one put from the inside, most I have seen are from the outside.

MANIC MECHANIC
04-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Whatever makes you happy, inside or outside...just make sure you put the plug in!;)
:D
Tim

BarryMac
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
outside, like a normal person. :D

Wet Dream
04-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
outside, like a normal person. :D
:D After all these years Taylorman and now you ask? ;)

Picklefork
04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I hope I'm not the only one that remembers squeezing in the very back of the boat, pulling the plug while Pops put pedal to the metal to drain the water, and then replacing the plug. DO NOT DROP PLUG!! The bilge pump is much easier.

sidewound
04-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I'M AN OUTTIE!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

AdrenelineOD
04-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I`d like to see you struggle with the inside:D
I like outside,

Rexone
04-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Outside.
Applys to toilet paper roll too.

Taylorman
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Dam and all this time i though i was doing it right. Thanks for making me the oddball guys. Later.
Kevin

Wet Dream
04-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Taylorman
Dam and all this time i though i was doing it right. Thanks for making me the oddball guys. Later.
Kevin
Anything for you TM :D

mud duck
04-23-2004, 03:47 PM
When I was growing up we had a Sea Sprite open bow. When ever it was time to go sking, we first ran down the lake part way to drain the boat. While plowing, you ran to the stern and pulled plugs (4) from inside the boat and let the water drain out. Alone it was kind of a challange running back and forth between the wheel and stern checking the water level. It was a little better (safer) to have two people. Once the water was all out, the plugs went back in, and the fun began.
In my Taylor however, I put the plug in from outside the boat while on the trailer and used a bilge to drain anything that collected. Wrestling with engines & drives inside boats for plugs is better off left to younger, more agile kids.
Today (on my fourth boat) I put the plug in from the outside and use a bilge. However, I have woken up at night wondering if someone would sneak up and pull the plug maliciously and I would find a sunken boat in the morning. :mad: Luckily that has not happened yet.

Aluminum Squirt
04-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Duck bill flapper one way valve thingy. Never have to worry about forgetting the plug, self drains, and no embarrassing "innie/outie" talk-Aluminum Squirt

shaun
04-24-2004, 08:09 AM
we always put it in from the outside.
I remember seeing some poor guy once forget to put his in a backed it down the ramp into the water, by the time they found out the backend was already underwater. The boat was still hooked to the trailer but they couldnt pull it out because they had a 4cyl (i'm assuming) s10. That much water in the boat is heavy!

cruser
04-24-2004, 07:11 PM
When I was growing up, we did the "pull the plug to drain the boat" also. This means that the plug was on the inside. With the current boat however, it is impossible to put the plug in from the inside, so I go from the outside now. I think with maturity comes wisdom.
cruzer

Moneypitt
04-24-2004, 07:51 PM
Alum sqrt, J drains (little on way valvy thingys) work well MOST of the time, however a simple twig, or some other little piece of shit can keep them open and slowly, overnight, you've got a submarine. Also if you store your boat outside the elements take a toll on the flappers and they must be replaced. For a jet, use a plug and a bildge pump............For a flat bottom that takes on waves, J drains, as most flattie owners don't leave their boats in overnight.........Moneypitt

TexasJet
04-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Rest of the world: plug from the outside. Lousiana: plug from the inside. :)