PDA

View Full Version : John McCain on Pat Tillman

rrrr
04-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Some eloquent words from a guy that knows a bit about fighting for his country:
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.: "I am heartbroken today by the news of Pat Tillman's death. The tragic loss of this extraordinary young man will seem a heavy blow to our nation's morale, as it is surely a grievous injury to his loved ones. Many American families have suffered the same terrible sacrifice that Pat's family must now bear, and the patriotism that their loved ones' exemplified is as fine and compelling as Pat's.
But there is in Pat Tillman's example, in his unexpected choice of duty to his country over the riches and other comforts of celebrity, and in his humility, such an inspiration to all of us to reclaim the essential public-spiritedness of Americans that many of us, in low moments, had worried was no longer our common distinguishing trait.
When Pat made his choice to leave the NFL and became an Army Ranger, he declined requests for interviews because he viewed his decision as no more patriotic than that of his less fortunate, less renowned countrymen who loved our country enough to volunteer to defend her in a time of peril. It is that first lesson of patriotism that we should reaffirm in our own lives as we celebrate the courageous life and mourn the heroic death of this most honorable American."

Kilrtoy
04-23-2004, 01:08 PM
That is a a sports star I admire
unlike the rest of these clowns.

HavasuDreamin'
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Couldn't have said it better. A ton of admiration and respect for Pat Tillman............of which I have very little for the typical pro athlete.

voodooCanoe
04-23-2004, 01:41 PM
A true American Hero!.
I believe his brother was also serving with him but is fine.
God Bless him and his family!

Debbolas
04-23-2004, 02:09 PM
This totally puts my sons report card into focus.............not the end of the world.........

OGShocker
04-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Exactly!

Dr. Eagle
04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
I echo OG;s comment..........

SoCalOffshore
04-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Indeed. I echo Sen. McCain thoughts and prayers.

SeaRayPat
04-23-2004, 04:15 PM
..The Paytons can Go to Hell!
oops I should have said the mannings lol:confused:

ratso
04-23-2004, 04:26 PM
...Mannings.

Cas
04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SeaRayPat
The Paytons can Go to Hell!
along with 99% of all other pro athletes......phuckin spoiled crybabies

little rowe boat
04-23-2004, 09:44 PM
If anyone ever wondered what a true American hero was,they can now stop wondering because PAT TILLMAN is a true American hero.
May god bless his soul and comfort his family.
Never Forget 9-11.

LASERRAY
04-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Pat Tillman's patriotism is un-surpassed. What a Stud!
We can all learn from this man's actions.:cool:
Rest in peace Pat Tillman and thank you for your sacrifice.:cool: