PDA

View Full Version : Proud Mother

JetBoatRich
04-24-2004, 06:58 AM
This is a true story from a proud mother in California -
She writes - As some of you may know, one of my sons serves in the military. His is still stateside, here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.
But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of serveral people (in line in front of him) stood a woman dressed in a burkha. He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the US flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smok.
The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, "Yes, I always wear it."
The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier "When are you gong to stop bombing my countrymen", explaining that she was Iraqi.
A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman: "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that you could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing your Countrymen. It is my belief that had yu been this outspoken in YOUR OWN country we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess you are obviously here to avoid."

Debbolas
04-24-2004, 07:01 AM
Good one !
;)

LASERRAY
04-24-2004, 07:02 AM
That is great. I wish I could have said it.;)

ahhell
04-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Nice story, makes you feel good inside...as for the Iraqi lady!!!!!:yuk:

Dr. Eagle
04-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by ahhell
as for the Iraqi lady!!!!!:yuk:
Don't let the airplane door hit you in the ass.............
(Probably a Laker Fan) LOL...........

victorfb
04-24-2004, 10:13 AM
id like to see her strapped to one of our bombs and send her back. how cool would that be? a smart bomb with a dumb bitch.

Dr. Eagle
04-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I guess that'd be sort of America's take on the Islamic Suicide Bomber...
She gets to be a Martyr and doesn't even have to walk anywhere... Free Transportation.....:cool:

riverbound
04-24-2004, 12:52 PM
He definitely handled it better than I would have, my brother is getting ready to go to Iraq right now.

wsuwrhr
04-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Strapped to a A-Bomb dropped out of a B-52.
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
He definitely handled it better than I would have, my brother is getting ready to go to Iraq right now.
Keep his head down. Come back in one peice.
Brian

dc96819
04-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Couldent of been said better

Dribble
04-24-2004, 02:35 PM
The Iraqis that I know not only support the war but celebrated when Hussein was captured. If this is a true story then the woman is the exception not the rule.
As a side note, most Afaghans in this country jumped for joy when the Taliban was removed from power.

riverbound
04-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
PM ME HIS INFO ,MY FAMILY AND I WOULD LOVE SEND HIM LETERS & GOOD THINGS ;) shit, mom will probly send him a cake a day,good luck and be safe:D
I will definitely let him know of your support. He is not supposed to leave until june/july until then he is spending a lot of time at home. I will send his info once he leaves I am sure he would appreciate the support.

JetBoatRich
04-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
PM ME HIS INFO ,MY FAMILY AND I WOULD LOVE SEND HIM LETERS & GOOD THINGS ;) shit, mom will probly send him a cake a day,good luck and be safe:D
That is very cool;)

BarryMac
04-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Great story.
Stupid Woman.