PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman-Hero/John Kerry-Loser

Nitro Neil
04-24-2004, 10:49 AM
I just wanted to say something about the lose of Pat Tillman who made the sacrafice to give up millions to serve his country and paid the ultimate price. HE IS A HERO.John Kerry comes home with a couple scratches and protests his service to his country and talks a bunch of crap about what he did or thinks he did. John Kerry is loser,anti american,non sacraficing bleeding heart liberal piece of crap! He would not make pimple on the butt of a real hero Pat Tillman and the rest of the young man and women who sacrafice to serve there country.OOHRAH to all! SEMPER FI! GOD BLESS REAL HEROS AND THERE FAMILIES.THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!:mad:

SoCalOffshore
04-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Neil
I just wanted to say something about the lose of Pat Tillman who made the sacrafice to give up millions to serve his country and paid the ultimate price. HE IS A HERO.John Kerry comes home with a couple scratches and protests his service to his country and talks a bunch of crap about what he did or thinks he did. John Kerry is loser,anti american,non sacraficing bleeding heart liberal piece of crap! He would not make pimple on the butt of a real hero Pat Tillman and the rest of the young man and women who sacrafice to serve there country.OOHRAH to all! SEMPER FI! GOD BLESS REAL HEROS AND THERE FAMILIES.THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!:mad:
DITTO

Boozer
04-24-2004, 11:04 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=668356

HCS
04-24-2004, 11:09 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_12.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')

AZKC
04-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Pat Tillman, what an American. Gods Speed Pat :(

HighRoller
04-25-2004, 01:57 AM
I've always thought it very strange that John Kerry is so eager to talk about his "heroism". Most war veterans are very humble and reserved about their service, only talking about it on occasion when asked. And most heroes are even more shy about it. Not John Kerry, self-professed war hero. Of course we never hear from the media about the press conference where he threw his medals in the trash....
As far as Pat Tillman, he makes me think about what America used to be like. Here's a man who took 9-11 so personally that he sacrificed EVERYTHING to make a difference. It reminds me of the throngs of young men who stood in line the day after Pearl Harbor, eager to get a piece of some jap ass. I know that as proud as his parents must have been about his accomplishments in school and athletics, they should be even prouder that their son showed the character and patriotism he did. I'm really sad that he died, but am buoyed by two thoughts. First, we all know he most likely took more than his fair share of those raghead SOB's with him, and secondly he contributed more to this country in his two years of service than all the football players in the NFL ever could.

Over 18
04-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Meaningless propaganda.

Mandelon
04-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Over 18
Meaningless propaganda.
Troll. :yuk:

Garrddogg
04-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Meaningless propaganda.
****IN WORM ! GO BACK TO NAMBLA !

AzDon
04-25-2004, 10:17 AM
I think that it is in extremely poor taste to use the passing of an unselfish, true American hero into a Kerry-bashing rant!
Mr. Tillman had turned down $9-million from the Rams for $3.6 million from the Cardinals out of loyalty to them. He walked away from that contract and joined the military as a matter of conscience. In death, he has become a larger-than-life hero (of the martyr category) because of his selfless sacrifice for his country.
I'm sure that NO CAREER POLITICIANS measure up to Mr. Tillman and it would be just as tasteless for me to start a thread comparing Mr Tillman to the Vietnam-era coward-turned-deserter who the Supreme Court selected 4 years ago to stir anti-American hatred in the Middle East and plunge our government several trillion dollars into debt while personally working for the highest bidders. Bush is a "Poser" every time he puts on a military jacket or makes a military decision. He also is rumored to have "666" tatooed just above his hairline!
Another thing:
I don't believe that John Kerry has personally uttered a single word about his medals or personal acts of bravery, certainly not in the last couple of years.
Again, Pat Tillman is a Hero/Martyr without compare
LEAVE THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES OUT OF IT!

Kurtis500
04-25-2004, 12:42 PM
it would be just as tasteless for me to start a thread comparing Mr Tillman to the Vietnam-era coward-turned-deserter
You talkin about the guy you voted for before, Bill Clinton?? Look yourself in the mirror.

AzDon
04-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Mr Clinton never claimed to be a military man and it didn't matter to the voters because we were in a peaceful era. As a non-military type, he deferred to the best judgement of his advisors before making military decisions. Mr. Clinton was given military deferrment as a result of his own ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT. Bush was given special, non-hazardous, favored service because of his Daddy's influence, and didn't have the decency to even show up for a whole year. Just because his AWOL was covered up, doesn't make it a fantasy.
As honesty and dignity go, Bush is delusional if he considers himself better than Clinton. Even hearing Bush say the word "intelligence" is LOL funny!

Hal
04-25-2004, 02:00 PM
wrong pic

RUCAV
04-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Clinton is a used car salesman who sells crack to kids on the side, compared to Bush. He totally disgraced the office of President. I can't believe I got sucked into this thing. Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike37
04-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Meaningless propaganda.
WTF:confused: :confused:

beer hunter
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
Mr Clinton never claimed to be a military man and it didn't matter to the voters because we were in a peaceful era. As a non-military type, he deferred to the best judgement of his advisors before making military decisions. Mr. Clinton was given military deferrment as a result of his own ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT. Bush was given special, non-hazardous, favored service because of his Daddy's influence, and didn't have the decency to even show up for a whole year. Just because his AWOL was covered up, doesn't make it a fantasy.
As honesty and dignity go, Bush is delusional if he considers himself better than Clinton. Even hearing Bush say the word "intelligence" is LOL funny!
That f--king jackass (Clinton) you are so fond of Don spent his entire presidency lying to the world about everything from raping married women to selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese in exchange for illegal campaign contributions. :mad:
Bill Clinton had no honor and no respect for the Office of the Presidency.
As far as intelligence goes, Bush had higher SAT scores than that dipshit Gore who tried to steel the election by only having votes recounted in districts where he thought he would gain votes and not in districts that were felt to have right leaning voters.
:yuk:

ratso
04-25-2004, 06:27 PM
How did Bill Clinton paralyze Hillary from the waist down?
He married her.:D

ratso
04-25-2004, 06:29 PM
What is the difference between Clinton and the Titanic?
Only 200 women went down on the Titanic.:)

ratso
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Bill and Hillary are at a baseball game and are sitting in the VIP section. Before the game begins the umpire yells something to Mr. Clinton. Clinton then proceeds to lift Hillary out of her seat and throw her over the railing onto the field.
The umpire shouts, "No Mr. President, I said throw out the first PITCH!":D

THOR
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Here we go again with the AzDon and puppet show again. You two stay in your trailers and out of this place.

ratso
04-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Why did Bill Clinton name his dog "Buddy?"
Because he couldn't bear saying "Come Spot!"

Tinkerer
04-25-2004, 06:49 PM
The DEMS don't care about the truth.
They know that Kerry is a fake but they don't care.
They are still angry about the fact that BUSH won.
ANYONE BUT BUSH IS THEIR CHANT.
HELL THEY WOULD VOTE FOR HILLERY= DYKE BITCH

ratso
04-25-2004, 06:57 PM
I need a T-Shirt with the democratic seal on it... That is ****in' funny...:D

Over 18
04-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
...As far as intelligence goes, Bush had higher SAT scores than that dipshit Gore...
I think you've got your "intelligence" backwards!

Jordy
04-25-2004, 07:10 PM
I think you've got your "intelligence" backwards!
Yeah, don't you know that Al Gore invented the internet, and the SAT tests, and the idea of voting in general. :rolleyes: :D

beer hunter
04-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Yeah, don't you know that Al Gore invented the internet, and the SAT tests, and the idea of voting in general. :rolleyes: :D
LMAO :D :D :D ...........It was all that and more Jordy ;)

gnarley
04-26-2004, 12:37 PM
IN the end one is dead and the other is living, which one would you rather be if you had to make the choice?

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by gnarley
IN the end one is dead and the other is living, which one would you rather be if you had to make the choice?
Dude, that is so uncool.........really........:(

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Meaningless propaganda.
Learn that in school did ya?:rolleyes:

gnarley
04-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Dude, that is so uncool.........really........:(
That's life, not always cool.
I didn't start the thread or comment on two guys that were brave enough to serve in war or anything that was negative or positive about either one of them.
War isn't pretty and neither is this thread comparing one guy who made it out alive and one who paid the ultimate price for his decision and didn't.

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 06:03 PM
but your snide-ass comment asking which person you would rather be is juvenile and an insult to our brave fighting men.
We have one very brave, dead soldier and one politician living off his wifes inheritance, Monday morning quarterbacking our Presidents 9-11 decisions and switching his opinion on everything every 5 seconds.
I know who I would rather be, how about you?!

gnarley
04-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
but your snide-ass comment asking which person you would rather be is juvenile and an insult to our brave fighting men.
We have one very brave, dead soldier and one politician living off his wifes inheritance, Monday morning quarterbacking our Presidents 9-11 decisions and switching his opinion on everything every 5 seconds.
I know who I would rather be, how about you?!
Call it what you like, but I can think clearly enough to say it like I see it, no sugar coating here so if you don't like what some people say tough ;)
Making martyrs of any of our brave guys who died is a croc of Sh*t, if you feel so strong about your beliefs go do something good about them. Starting this topic was a snide-ass swipe at soldiers and veterans who have fought wars, living and dead.
Some jack ass started this calling one a hero and the other a looser. So if you want now start comparing one of them to the President who none of us really know how he served to a veteran who did serve is even farther off topic.
This isn't about who a guy is married to or what he is doing since he served his country, (he did and it is documented) or what he has done since. It was about a brave soldier who made a choice to go fight in a war and died and another one who some people don’t like and came home alive.
The veteran who is living now is married to a very wealthy woman, if you had the chance to marry into wealth wouldn’t you? At least she is a philanthropist and until a year ago was a Republican.

beer hunter
04-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Way to go Debbolas :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 06:53 PM
I think this should be dropped.. she was voicing her opinion as you were also so can we let it go.. ;)

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I think this should be dropped.. she was voicing her opinion as you were also so can we let it go.. ;)
I'm with YOU Debbolas.....as for Gnarley======>:p

Kurtis500
04-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Its a good thing they are doing it, with a comment like that I know where you will be when things are going down. Some people give, others take.

gnarley
04-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Kurtis500
Its a good thing they are doing it, with a comment like that I know where you will be when things are going down. Some people give, others take.
You must be a real smart guy, never met me yet know what I would do in given situation. Seems to me I gave my respects to all our past and present soldiers and offered a thought provoking question that some of you don't like. Some choices are tough like standing your ground on a topic. Life isn't easy, get over it. I thought it was rude to start with comparing a recently killed soldier to another former soldier and calling him (Kerry) a looser. They both served and deserve our respect regardless of the outcome, but it isn't fair to compare Tillman to Kerry.
So if Tillman had served and come home he would have been a lesser man? I don't think so, what makes Tillman a better man than any other soldier who has died? He made the choice and paid the ultimate price and I don't think it was worth it.

clean supreme
04-26-2004, 10:24 PM
:eek!:

Kurtis500
04-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Life isn't easy, get over it.
Its a good thing you pointed that out to me, I wasn't sure what to do.
I made a statement based on your comment, and I never put you in a 'given situation'. Anyone would rather live than die, the thing I see about you in your statement is theres no in between.
People like Tillman knew that SACRIFICE is what is in between. He took a chance to die for a purpose, and unfortunatly he got it. Your statement shows that the possible cost is already too high for you to even consider the thought or chance of dying in the way Tillman did. Like I said, its a good thing they are doing it.

Kurtis500
04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
He made the choice and paid the ultimate price and I don't think it was worth it.
You dont think it was worth what?

beer hunter
04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Good one :D :D :D ..........He looks like a loser to me :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=671171

gnarley
04-27-2004, 08:59 AM
I made a statement based on your comment, and I never put you in a 'given situation'. Originally posted by Kurtis500
I know where you will be when things are going down. You seem to know as previously stated here, and what going's down are you referring to? Fighting for something I don't believe in? I remember Mohammad Ali in the 60's refusing to fight for a war that he did not believe in, would you call him a coward for not serving his country because he disagreed with their stance?
You dont think it was worth what?
Dieing for.
Our servicemen’s lives are worth more than that. Those people have been fighting themselves for more than 2000 years, what makes us so sure we can fix it in 2 or 20?
And while I'm on topic what makes Tillman any better than other servicemen who has also paid the ultimate price?

Essex502
04-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Pat Tillman - dumbshit. There's more than enough peeps who want to go and fight - why turn down millions and a beautiful wife left behind to fight some lost cause? We can't win that war.

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
Pat Tillman - dumbshit. There's more than enough peeps who want to go and fight - why turn down millions and a beautiful wife left behind to fight some lost cause? We can't win that war.
Hmmmm needless to say it appears that you are in the minority here...
:p

Essex502
04-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Quite alright to me....I won't jump on a popular cause if I don't think it's right either....

THOR
04-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Show a little class. There is absolutely no need to disgrace Tillman by making stupid comments. I honestly thought you would be the last guy to say something like that 502.

Havasu Cig
04-27-2004, 12:48 PM
He turned down millions and went to fight because he thought it was the right thing to do. I think calling him a dumbshit is way out of line.
If you saw any interviews with the guy, he had tremendous heart. He stated he wanted to do something equal to what others in his family had done by fighting in other wars.
This is not about personal opinion whether you agree or don't agree with the war. His country is engaged in a battle that we must win and he felt a calling to be involved in that effort.
Sometimes you have to make choices that are not the easiest, but if they are right then you do them. It is a personal choice, and he made the choice he thought was best for himself.
When I received deployment orders during the first Gulf War I was given a choice to stay behind because I was an only child. There were also several others in my unit that had the same choice to make.
I decided it would not be right for me to let my fellow soilders go and fight and possibly die while I was sitting back home drinking a beer. Not one person in my unit decided to stay behind.
If you have not been in the military it might be hard for people to understand the bond that is formed between Soilders, Marines ect...
Calling Tillman a dumbshit is way off base. My.02

beer hunter
04-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by THOR
Show a little class. There is absolutely no need to disgrace Tillman by making stupid comments. I honestly thought you would be the last guy to say something like that 502.
I'm with you THOR, what in the hell are you on Mike? :confused:

H20bug
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
WOW!!!!! the following is j.m.h.o.
the above statement by essex 502, makes as much sence to me as someone that would say the holecaust during ww2 never happened!!!
Boy, i'm shure glad people of other generations did what they did, so I WOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM to choose just about all aspects of my life.
Mr. Tillman made a choice to go and serve when his country called.
Remember, this isn't just about you & I and what WE think!! it's about that regular iraqi citizen, who has "NEVER" tasted "FREEDOM" of any kind in his life!!!! what.....? you dont agree with the regime.....? BAM you or your family dissapear!!! SEE the problem is most of us here Do not know what its like to live oppressed your hole life!!!!! Think about thar for a moment? How would "YOU" like to be told what to think, what to say, how to act? not a pretty thought is it? Remember, not "EVERYONE" in irag is a terrorist!!!!!! He gave is life......so others may be free.... and have the god-given right" TO CHOOSE" their path in life!!! I respect each and everyone of your opinions? So please respect others who made the ultimate sacrifice so you can have yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

Havasu Cig
04-27-2004, 02:30 PM
He was actually killed in Afganistan after serving a tour of duty in Iraq. He had the choice to return home and decided to go to Afganistan instead.
True Hero IMO.

H20bug
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
thank you,
havasu cig, for the correction. but my General point remains the same. hope everybody gets my drift:D

unleashed
04-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Pat Tillman was definitly a hero and always an underdog. I remember when he played college football and he played the game with all his heart. The guy wasnt the hugest guy but had the biggest heart and determination. He made a choice to protect freedom and payed the ultimate price. God bless his family for bringing such a fine human being into this life.
Some of you on this board Call Kerry a loser maybe for some of his political views. But he to also served in Combat if Im not mistaken and he to should be considered a hero. I respect ANY american that chooses to serve our country in combat and I think its a diservice to call them a loser just because they came out of it alive or because there political views afterwards. He has a right to his point of view after seeing combat and it may not be the best view but I wouldnt consider him a loser.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

AZKC
04-27-2004, 07:33 PM
:D :D
Exactly
:cool:

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
With his god given talent, he could have served society as well as his country better by being an excellent role model in professional sports for the kids that watch football instead of wasting his life in that hell hole. Each and every one of us should use the gifts and talents we are given in the best manner possible.
Hero. I don't think so. Did he save another soldier? Doesn't say that in the reports I've read. Squander his talents? Yes. Better than other soldiers who've died for their country - NO! Resoundingly NO. His plan, according to his dad in one interview I saw over the weekend was to do one stint of duty and come back to the NFL...sounds like more of a publicity ploy to me.

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm with you THOR, what in the hell are you on Mike? :confused:
Read above.

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by H20bug
WOW!!!!! the following is j.m.h.o.
the above statement by essex 502, makes as much sence to me as someone that would say the holecaust during ww2 never happened!!!
Boy, i'm shure glad people of other generations did what they did, so I WOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM to choose just about all aspects of my life.
Mr. Tillman made a choice to go and serve when his country called.
Remember, this isn't just about you & I and what WE think!! it's about that regular iraqi citizen, who has "NEVER" tasted "FREEDOM" of any kind in his life!!!! what.....? you dont agree with the regime.....? BAM you or your family dissapear!!! SEE the problem is most of us here Do not know what its like to live oppressed your hole life!!!!! Think about thar for a moment? How would "YOU" like to be told what to think, what to say, how to act? not a pretty thought is it? Remember, not "EVERYONE" in irag is a terrorist!!!!!! He gave is life......so others may be free.... and have the god-given right" TO CHOOSE" their path in life!!! I respect each and everyone of your opinions? So please respect others who made the ultimate sacrifice so you can have yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused:
I believe it was Afghanistan NOT Iraq. His country didn't call.

boxscore
04-28-2004, 06:28 AM
With his god given talent, he could have served society as well as his country better by being an excellent role model in professional sports for the kids that watch football instead of wasting his life in that hell hole. Each and every one of us should use the gifts and talents we are given in the best manner possible.
Hero. I don't think so. Did he save another soldier? Doesn't say that in the reports I've read. Squander his talents? Yes. Better than other soldiers who've died for their country - NO! Resoundingly NO. His plan, according to his dad in one interview I saw over the weekend was to do one stint of duty and come back to the NFL...sounds like more of a publicity ploy to me.
Go back a few years when he quit football, then you'd clearly realize it wasn't a "publicity ploy". He wouldn't allow a single interview regarding his decision. No cute stories or video. Just a private goodbye to his teammates. Did he turn down $9 million from the Rams to make $3 million from the Cards as a "publicity ploy"? Go and learn a little more abouthim before making up your mind about the guy. He's truly a patriot. Those folks should be revered no matter what other talents they may have. Without question!

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by unleashed
Some of you on this board Call Kerry a loser maybe for some of his political views. But he to also served in Combat if Im not mistaken and he to should be considered a hero. I respect ANY american that chooses to serve our country in combat and I think its a diservice to call them a loser just because they came out of it alive or because there political views afterwards. He has a right to his point of view after seeing combat and it may not be the best view but I wouldnt consider him a loser.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
My problem with Senator Kerry is not with his war record. He serve his/our country well. My problem lies in that he came home and called upon the leaders of the day to stop the war. To stop the war and the "BABY KILLERS" fighting that war. He called others in the horrible place fight for his/our country "BABY KILLERS". He put his hat on the same rack as "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. He treated his fellow soldiers, sailors and marines (his words.. BABY KILLERS) like they were the worst thing to happen to this country. He denounced his/our country on a number of occasions. He threw his medals, ribbons and love for his/our country away in the 1970's. Now in 2004 he want us to think that love is back? B.S. He loves POWER, as long as that power is his and not the power of the United States military's.
Kerry has voted for at least SEVEN major reductions in Defense and Military spending, necessary for our national security:
1) In 1996 - Introduced Bill to slash Defense Department Funding by $6.5 Billion.
2) In 1995 - Voted to freeze Defense spending for 7 years, slashing over $34 billion from Defense.
3) Fiscal 1996 Budget Resolution - Defense Freeze. "Harkin, D-Iowa, amendment to freeze defense spending for the next seven years and transfer the $34.8 billion in savings to education and job training."
4) In 1993 - Introduced plan to cut numerous Defense programs, including:
Cut the number of Navy submarines and their crews
Reduce the number of light infantry units in the Army down to one
Reduce tactical fighter wings in the Air Force
Terminate the Navy's coastal mine-hunting ship program
Force the retirement of no less than 60,000 members of the Armed Forces in one year.
5) Has voted repeatedly to cut Defense spending, including:
In 1993, voted against increased Defense spending for Military Pay Raise. Kerry voted to kill an increase in military pay over five years.
In 1992, voted to cut $6 billion from Defense.
In 1991, voted to slash over $3 Billion from Defense. Shift money to social programs.
In 1991, voted to cut defense spending by 2%
Voted repeatedly to cut or eliminate funding for B-2 Stealth Bomber
Voted repeatedly against Missile Defense - Weapons Kerry sought to phase out were VITAL in Iraq. "[K]erry supported cancellation of a host of weapons systems that have become the basis of US military might-the high-tech munitions and delivery systems on display to the world as they leveled the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein in a matter of weeks." (Brian C. Mooney, "Taking One Prize, Then A Bigger One," The Boston Globe, 6/19/03)
Military hardware he felt we no longer need since the "cold war" is past. The money would be better spent on "social" programs. These weapons are now the core of our military might.
F-16 Fighting Falcons.
B-1Bs B-2As F-15 And F-16s
M1 Abrams
Patriot Missile
AH-64 Apache Helicopter
Tomahawk Cruise Missile
Aegis Air-Defense Cruiser
6) During 1980s Kerry And Michael Dukakis joined forces with liberal group dedicated to slashing Defense. Kerry sat on the board of "Jobs With Peace Campaign," which sought to "develop public support for cutting the defense budget..."("Pentagon Demonstrators Call For Home-Building, Not Bombs," The Associated Press, 6/3/88)
7) While running for Congress in 1972, Kerry promised to cut Defense Spending. "On what he'll do if he's elected to Congress," Kerry said he would 'bring a different kind of message to the president." He said he would, "Vote against military appropriations." ("Candidate's For Congress Capture Campus In Andover," Lawrence [MA] Eagle-Tribune, 4/21/72)
"So you can look at all the potential threats of the world, and when you add the expenditures of all of our allies to the United States of America, you have to stop and say to yourself, 'What is it that we are really preparing for in a post-cold-war world?'"
(Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 5/15/96, p. S5061)
Thanks to SH (http://www.hannity.com/story.php?content=/kerrydefense)

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by boxscore
Go back a few years when he quit football, then you'd clearly realize it wasn't a "publicity ploy". He wouldn't allow a single interview regarding his decision. No cute stories or video. Just a private goodbye to his teammates. Did he turn down $9 million from the Rams to make $3 million from the Cards as a "publicity ploy"? Go and learn a little more abouthim before making up your mind about the guy. He's truly a patriot. Those folks should be revered no matter what other talents they may have. Without question!
I watched..ad nauseum...the continuous reports on Pat Tillman over the weekend. Saw and heard all I needed to form my paraticular opinion...and that's all it is.

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:52 AM
USMC Captain Harvey C. 'Barney' Barnum
BARNUM, HARVEY C., JR.
Rank and organization: Captain (then Lt.), U.S. Marine Corps, Company H, 2d Battalion, 9th Marines, 3d Marine Division (Rein). Place and date: Ky Phu in Quang Tin Province, Republic of Vietnam, 18 December 1965. Entered service at: Cheshire, Conn. Born: 21 July 1940, Cheshire, Conn. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. When the company was suddenly pinned down by a hail of extremely accurate enemy fire and was quickly separated from the remainder of the battalion by over 500 meters of open and fire-swept ground, and casualties mounted rapidly. Lt. Barnum quickly made a hazardous reconnaissance of the area, seeking targets for his artillery. Finding the rifle company commander mortally wounded and the radio operator killed, he, with complete disregard for his safety, gave aid to the dying commander, then removed the radio from the dead operator and strapped it to himself. He immediately assumed command of the rifle company, and moving at once into the midst of the heavy fire, rallying and giving encouragement to all units, reorganized them to replace the loss of key personnel and led their attack on enemy positions from which deadly fire continued to come. His sound and swift decisions and his obvious calm served to stabilize the badly decimated units and his gallant example as he stood exposed repeatedly to point out targets served as an inspiration to all. Provided with 2 armed helicopters, he moved fearlessly through enemy fire to control the air attack against the firmly entrenched enemy while skillfully directing 1 platoon in a successful counterattack on the key enemy positions. Having thus cleared a small area, he requested and directed the landing of 2 transport helicopters for the evacuation of the dead and wounded. He then assisted in the mopping up and final seizure of the battalion's objective. His gallant initiative and heroic conduct reflected great credit upon himself and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the U.S. Naval Service.
GUNNERY SERGEANT JIMMIE E. HOWARD
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
for service as set forth in the following
CITATION:
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his own life above and beyond the call of duty. G/Sgt. Howard and his 18-man platoon were occupying an observation post deep within enemy-controlled territory. Shortly after midnight a Viet Cong force of estimated battalion size approached the Marines' position and launched a vicious attack with small arms, automatic weapons, and mortar fire. Reacting swiftly and fearlessly in the face of the overwhelming odds, G/Sgt. Howard skillfully organized his small but determined force into a tight perimeter defense and calmly moved from position to position to direct his men's fire. Throughout the night, during assault after assault, his courageous example and firm leadership inspired and motivated his men to withstand the unrelenting fury of the hostile fire in the seemingly hopeless situation. He constantly shouted encouragement to his men and exhibited imagination and resourcefulness in directing their return fire. When fragments of an exploding enemy grenade wounded him severely and prevented him from moving his legs, he distributed his ammunition to the remaining members of his platoon and proceeded to maintain radio communications and direct air strikes on the enemy with uncanny accuracy. At dawn, despite the fact that 5 men were killed and all but 1 wounded, his beleaguered platoon was still in command of its position. When evacuation helicopters approached his position, G/Sgt. Howard warned them away and called for additional air strikes and directed devastating small-arms fire and air strikes against enemy automatic weapons positions in order to make the landing zone as secure as possible. Through his extraordinary courage and resolute fighting spirit, G/Sgt. Howard was largely responsible for preventing the loss of his entire platoon. His valiant leadership and courageous fighting spirit served to inspire the men of his platoon to heroic endeavor in the face of overwhelming odds, and reflect the highest credit upon G/Sgt. Howard, the Marine Corps, and the U.S. Naval Service
Roy Mitchell Wheat
Lance Corporal, U.S. Marine Corps
for service as set forth in the following
CITATION
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. L/Cpl. Wheat and two other Marines were assigned the mission of providing security for a Navy construction battalion crane and crew operating along Liberty Road in the vicinity of the Dien Ban District, Quang Nam Province. After the Marines had set up security positions in a tree line adjacent to the work site, L/Cpl. Wheat reconnoitered the area to the rear of their location for the possible presence of guerrillas. He then returned to within 10 feet of the friendly position, and here unintentionally triggered a well concealed, bounding type, antipersonnel mine. Immediately, a hissing sound was heard which was identified by the 3 Marines as that of a burning time fuse. Shouting a warning to his comrades, L/Cpl. Wheat in a valiant act of heroism hurled himself upon the mine, absorbing the tremendous impact of the explosion with his body. The inspirational personal heroism and extraordinary valor of his unselfish action saved his fellow Marines from certain injury and possible death, reflected great credit upon himself, and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life for his country.
CAPODANNO, VINCENT R.
Rank and organization: Lieutenant, U.S. Navy, Chaplain Corps, 3d Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division (Rein), FMF. Place and date: Quang Tin Province, Republic of Vietnam, 4 September 1967. Entered service at: Staten Island, N.Y. Born: 13 February 1929, Staten Island, N.Y. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as Chaplain of the 3d Battalion, in connection with operations against enemy forces. In response to reports that the 2d Platoon of M Company was in danger of being overrun by a massed enemy assaulting force, Lt. Capodanno left the relative safety of the company command post and ran through an open area raked with fire, directly to the beleaguered platoon. Disregarding the intense enemy small-arms, automatic-weapons, and mortar fire, he moved about the battlefield administering last rites to the dying and giving medical aid to the wounded. When an exploding mortar round inflicted painful multiple wounds to his arms and legs, and severed a portion of his right hand, he steadfastly refused all medical aid. Instead, he directed the corpsmen to help their wounded comrades and, with calm vigor, continued to move about the battlefield as he provided encouragement by voice and example to the valiant marines. Upon encountering a wounded corpsman in the direct line of fire of an enemy machine gunner positioned approximately 15 yards away, Lt. Capodanno rushed a daring attempt to aid and assist the mortally wounded corpsman. At that instant, only inches from his goal, he was struck down by a burst of machine gun fire. By his heroic conduct on the battlefield, and his inspiring example, Lt. Capodanno upheld the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service. He gallantly gave his life in the cause of freedom.
Korean War Medal of Honor Recipient Hospital Corpsman Third Class William R. Charette, United States Navy
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty in action against enemy aggressor forces during the early morning hours. Participating in a fierce encounter with a cleverly concealed and well-entrenched enemy force occupying positions on a vital and bitterly contested outpost far in advance of the main line of resistance, HC3c. Charette repeatedly and unhesitatingly moved about through a murderous barrage of hostile small-arms and mortar fire to render assistance to his wounded comrades. When an enemy grenade landed within a few feet of a marine he was attending, he immediately threw himself upon the stricken man and absorbed the entire concussion of the deadly missile with his body. Although sustaining painful facial wounds, and undergoing shock from the intensity of the blast which ripped the helmet and medical aid kit from his person, HC3c. Charette resourcefully improvised emergency bandages by tearing off part of his clothing, and gallantly continued to administer medical aid to the wounded in his own unit and to those in adjacent platoon areas as well. Observing a seriously wounded comrade whose armored vest had been torn from his body by the blast from an exploding shell, he selflessly removed his own battle vest and placed it upon the helpless man although fully aware of the added jeopardy to himself. Moving to the side of another casualty who was suffering excruciating pain from a serious leg wound, HC3c. Charette stood upright in the trench line and exposed himself to a deadly hail of enemy fire in order to lend more effective aid to the victim and to alleviate his anguish while being removed to a position of safety. By his indomitable courage and inspiring efforts in behalf of his wounded comrades, HC3c. Charette was directly responsible for saving many lives. His great personal valor reflects the highest credit upon himself and enhances the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

Essex502
04-28-2004, 06:54 AM
And there are many, many more...Pat Tillman while his heart was in the right place his head was not.

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 07:02 AM
502. How many times did you bump your focking head as a child?:rolleyes: I am guessing a bunch.

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 07:10 AM
You are such an @ss Essex502, It’s a good thing none of us have to depend on candy asses like you to defend and protect this nation from all the lunatics that would love to kill us all. :D
I thank God for the Pat Tillman’s of this world and all the other brave men and women who put it on the line every day so we don't have to.

schiada96
04-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Essex your boat sucks

THOR
04-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Like you were with me BH, I am with you now.
502, again, I ask, show some ****ing class. You are completely over the line to pass judgement on a dead American to fight for your (and my) right to boat and post on this site whenever you like. Just admit when you could possibly be wrong and it would save this ugly situation you have created. Dont be a dick on here anymore, please.

boxscore
04-28-2004, 07:18 AM
You are such an @ss Essex502, It’s a good thing none of us have to depend on candy asses like you to defend and protect this nation from all the lunatics that would love to kill us all. :D
I thank God for the Pat Tillman’s of this world and all the other brave men and women who put it on the line every day so we don't have to.
AMEN BRUTHA

Terrible Buddhist
04-28-2004, 07:24 AM
I went to ASU...saw Pat Tillman going to class all the time, rooted for him at sun devil stadium. I remember when he cut his hair as he was going out an doing interviews.
This guy was an extraordinary human being, but wanted to be treated like everyone else, he didn't want special treatment, which was why he kept the whole thing low profile. He wanted to be a special ops soldier and serve his country.
Because he gave up a sizable NFL contract does not make him any more or less a hero than the people he stood beside who have also given up their lives to serve their country. Ask any one and they will tell you their family is more important than money. I think it is insulting to the families who have lost loved ones to say either he was more special because of his sacrifice, or that he was stupid because of what he gave up. People who give their lives for this country are heros...period.
As to the Kerry comparison...I wish there would be a thread just to honor what a great person Tillman was.

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by schiada96
Essex your boat sucks :eek: :D

Dr. Eagle
04-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by schiada96
Essex your boat sucks
LOL, you really know how to hurt a guy!

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Like you were with me BH, I am with you now.
For the kind words THOR, i'll man the " floating trash can" at OP6C. :D :cool:

THOR
04-28-2004, 07:36 AM
For the kind words THOR, i'll man the " floating trash can" at OP6C. :D :cool:
You're my boy blue!!!!

playdeep
04-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Every once in a while you come across a post by some jackass hiding behind a keyboard...
that is so inane,so absolutely stupid that it stops you in your tracks.
ESSEx 502,that has to be the most offensive diatribe that I have ever come across during my tenure on this site.
Man,I have to be honest with you ...you are an ass...
I'm thinking posterchild for the dangers of inbreeding.
Hopefully you will just pull the same suicide note,exit that you did at RRX and go away.

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 07:45 AM
You're my boy blue!!!!
Ummm THOR, you want to expand on that, you're scaring me. :confused: :D

THOR
04-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Its a quote from "Old School". Now you are scaring me. :D

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 08:04 AM
Its a quote from "Old School". Now you are scaring me. :D
Can we PLEASE get back on topic!
Essex 502 is a JackA$$.:D
Thank you.

THOR
04-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Thank you.
My bad.

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Thank you.
OG, I've had more than a few beers with E502 and consider him a friend, he's a good guy but I think you may be right about the "bump on the head" thing, probably a recent bump on the head though. ;) :D

Essex502
04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Guys, guys, guys...opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has them...even you a$$holes who are so intolerant of other's opinions. The heroes listed and the thousands more not listed died for all of our rights to state our opinions.
P.S. I don't hide behind any keyboard....I am out in Havasu often and usual post when and where I am...if you want...stop by and we can debate the issues related here and share a beer at the same time...I'm willing to debate them with any of you. Equally.

summerlove
04-28-2004, 08:22 AM
While I don't necessairly agree with E502's comments on the Tillman subject, I respect his right to his own opinion. While we were watching the NFL dtaft Saturday morning, my 13 Year old daughter was sitting next to me as they were doing the tribute to Tillman. When it was over, she said to me, "I'd stay and play football - why would someone want to go and die?" I told her I didn't think he wanted to die, but that he felt it important (after the events of 9/11) to serve his country, and that was an admirable quality in a person. I think she understood. Once the Chargers chose Eli from "Near Miss U" and it was obvious he didn't want to play for the bolts, my daughter said something that made me proud to be a dad - She said more guys need to be like that guy that died than this guy...
I see what 502 is saying, but I also admire the hell out of Tillman for what he did, and the manner in which he acted.

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 08:33 AM
OG, I've had more than a few beers with E502 and consider him a friend, he's a good guy but I think you may be right about the "bump on the head" thing, probably a recent bump on the head though. ;) :D
Heck, I have had more than a few beers with many Jacka$$'s. A lot of people will tell you when they down one with me, they have had a beer with a Jacka$$. Hell, I only met SummerLove once for five minutes and he thinks my views are those of a JackA$$.:D

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Heck, I have had more than a few beers with many Jacka$$'s. A lot of people will tell you when they down one with me, they have had a beer with a Jacka$$. Hell, I only met SummerLove once for five minutes and he thinks my views are those of a JackA$$.:D
I'm sure some might say the same thing after drinking with me. ;) :D

summerlove
04-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Hell, I only met SummerLove once for five minutes and he thinks my views are those of a JackA$$.:D
don't put words in my mouth! I have never called anyone a jackA$$ - Unless, of course, you are! :D
(I do not hold that impression of you, however)

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
While I don't necessairly agree with E502's comments on the Tillman subject, I respect his right to his own opinion. While we were watching the NFL dtaft Saturday morning, my 13 Year old daughter was sitting next to me as they were doing the tribute to Tillman. When it was over, she said to me, "I'd stay and play football - why would someone want to go and die?" I told her I didn't think he wanted to die, but that he felt it important (after the events of 9/11) to serve his country, and that was an admirable quality in a person. I think she understood. Once the Chargers chose Eli from "Near Miss U" and it was obvious he didn't want to play for the bolts, my daughter said something that made me proud to be a dad - She said more guys need to be like that guy that died than this guy...
I see what 502 is saying, but I also admire the hell out of Tillman for what he did, and the manner in which he acted.
Isn't that great, when you kids say something that makes you proud!! Makes all those diapers worth it...My son is 13, our middle daughter is 14, and our oldest is 17. Teenagers are a different animal all together....Congrats!!

BUSTI
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
The greatest demonstration of personal courage is when a person puts his or his life on the line for the innocent with out regard for his own profit. When you defend yourself yes that can be a form of personal courage and even when you defend your children or loved ones that can be a form of personal courage also.
BUT WHEN YOU DIE IN THE DEFENSE OF THE INNOCENT OR SOME BODY ELESE LOVED ONES JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO DEFEND THEM SELVES AND THEY ARE TOTAL STRANGERS THEN THIS IS TRUE HONOR AND PERSONAL COURAGE.
American soldiers have died more often liberating more people or defending more innocents than any other group of people on the face of the earth OR than any other culture! America is better off for those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice and so is the world! Tillman is the greatest type of hero our country can produce and we have produced tens of thousands of these types of heros and they have held back the threat of tyranny more than any single thing in the world today.
PAT TILLMAN AND SOLDEIERS LIKE HIM ARE THE GREATEST FORCE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD TODAY MORE THAN ANY OTHER THING IN THE WORLD! TO CALL HIM A DUMBSHIT IS SUCH AN EVIL AND INSULTING THING!
502 you are entitled to your opinion but that opinion, no matter how ignorant, is garunteed for you to voice by heros like TILLMAN! Your comment is so obsurd that I honestly believe it goes to the quality of your character! Or did you make it just to offend and or stir up some shit. Either way I a m ashamed of you for spitting on the valor of such a fine American hero as Pat Tillman.
Gnarely with regard to Kerry you are right we shouldn't be comparing his service record to Tillman's. We should compare him to President Bush only. And although the nation is divided on this Kerry is a loser for countless reasons none of which involve his service record but every thing to do with his record after his service.
AZDON,
If you had to be liked by somebody would you rather have it be the back stabbing French, the ungrateful Germans and or the likes of Kofi Anan and the United Nations or would you rather be admired by such countries like Great Britain, Australia, and or Israel? If your countries popularity with the French is impotant then vote for Kerry. If you don't give a shit about your countries popularuty and just want a President who will wage all out war on those that would kill us then vote for Bush! Because in this election the real only issue is our national safety. This nation can survive with deficits(created by war and the Clinton recession) but it won't survive with Islamo facists flying planes into our buildings killing our sons and daughters as they work.
This is why Bush will stomp the shit out of Kerry in 2004!

Rev. Ronnie
04-28-2004, 02:46 PM
wow. I can't believe someone said Tillman is a dumbass. You have a right to your opinion, but you also have the right to play in your own feces, which is probably more attractive than what you said.

gnarley
04-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Was Tillman a hero? Maybe, maybe not, it depends on how you define a hero, as we all seem to have different opinions here. One thing he was it seems was a proud, selfless, human being who was willing to give it all up to do what he thought was the right thing to do and no one can take that away from him or his family.
I wonder if Bush or Cheney would have done the same thing when they were young enough. That’s right Bush stayed home didn’t he? I don’t know what Cheney did, does anyone else?

04-28-2004, 09:28 PM
What matters to me is principals, Mr. Tillman had 'em. and to me he is a hero. We need more people like him. Bush has principals but I don't consider him a hero just a man of principals that he sticks to. For that I support him. Cheney? don't know enough about him to have a firm opinion but I like him. Kerry? A man of no principals and convictions. He polls the public to form opinions just like Clinton and Gore. He is always trying to "re-invent" himself to convince the public that he is a man of principals and convictions. He needs to be able to think for himself, so far he hasn't been able to. He strikes me as the same type of person as Al Gore who had to hire a woman [Donna Brazil] to teach him how to be a man. If he needs lessons on how to be a man then he doesn't deserve to be running the most powerful nation in the world.

beer hunter
04-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Nicely put O58! :)
I really doubt that John Kerry would have turned down the millions that Tillman was offered, then go and defend and protect this great nation at great personal risk. I also doubt that Pat Tillman, had he lived, would have come home and bad mouthed his fellow soldiers, then thrown his metals in the trash as John Kerry did. :D

Tinkerer
04-29-2004, 05:35 PM
JOHN KERRY is an ADULTEROUS PIG......

Over 18
04-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Tinkerboater
JOHN KERRY is an ADULTEROUS PIG......
Details? I musta missed something(?)
John Kerry earned 3 purple hearts in Vietnam. They don't just give those away- I think you have to rescue someone under fire to be awarded one!
Compared with the "congressman's son" duty that Bush deserted from, I don't know how anybody can fault me for saying that Kerry has exhibited much more character "under fire" than Bush has, unless they are being partisan, un-objective, and less than honest. As for Cheney and Rumsfeld, they buddied up with national politicians in order to avoid service in Vietnam, yet they are this administration's two most dangerous war-mongers. I don't know if any of Bush's people has ever been a participant on a battlefield or ever been willing to do so and I consider that a minimal qualification to being a war-monger!
Say what you want about Al Gore, but he served in Vietnam despite being a US Senator's son.
Folks that would argue these points with me need to stop and ask themselves if they are truly being fair or if partisanship is blocking out their sense of fairness!!

Tinkerer
04-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Kerry got some of his awards for cuts the medics would have just put a bandade on.
Why do you think KERRY won't release his military records that show how he got hurt....
And did you forget about the inturn that had to move away and then suddenly nothing really happened.
SMELLS like a cover up if you ask me.
KERRY bought her off or else KLINTON had one of his goons talk to her.

Essex502
05-03-2004, 06:00 AM
Last week I posted the following statements:
Hero. I don't think so. Did he save another soldier? Doesn't say that in the reports I've read.
After learning more from the published accounts of Pat Tillman’s last minutes on earth I find I have to retract this statement. Pat Tillman has been awarded the Silver Star posthumously for gallantry and bravery without regard for his personal safety. I now realize I was mistaken and premature in stating that Pat Tillman was NOT a hero.
Indeed he was.
Below is the article from the Los Angeles Times describing the firefight that killed Pat Tillman.
My apologies to anyone who took offense with my statement as I did not have all of the facts surrounding his death and prematurely formed my opinion.
Pat Tillman Awarded the Silver Star (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-adfg-tillman2may02,1,6046929.story)

Debbolas
05-03-2004, 06:16 AM
It takes a lot of guts to admit you were wrong.
way to go...