PDA

View Full Version : 25p porp on Alpha1

Speedin' Ian
04-24-2004, 11:35 AM
I just resently got a 25p from the Sandbar Junkies and I was wondering if I am going to screw up my outdrive running it, it's a little larger diameter and steeper pitch than my other prop. I have a 23p on it right now and it works bitchen, but it's the only prop I have and the last time I was out I screwed it up and was boatless for the rest of the trip. My plan is to buy this prop as a back-up, assuming my motor will pull it, but my prop guy told me it will ruin my motor:confused: . Then again he also told me my 23p was made for an outboard and that he could sell me a prop that works much better, even though I get over 60mph in 21ft boat with a 350. I think he is just trying to hose me. So what do you guys think, if my motor pulls the prop and I'm easy on the throttle will my outdrive last?

Dr. Eagle
04-24-2004, 12:13 PM
What's a porp?????

mikev
04-24-2004, 01:46 PM
if it fits you will lose about 400 rpm off your top end and less holeshot power it wont screw anything up but will hurt your performace if your other prop was the correct setup for your boat.

Speedin' Ian
04-24-2004, 02:21 PM
O.k. Dr. Eagle I fixed it for you. Thanks for pointing that out.
I kinda figured the same thing mikev, I'll run it and see what happens.

Sandbar Junkies
04-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Never use the words fat and ugly in the same sentence while speaking to a woman
These are words to live by...................

Speedin' Ian
04-24-2004, 03:05 PM
I only had to say it once to learn my lesson:D , going to Havasu next weekend. When's your guys next trip?

UltraLucky
04-24-2004, 03:23 PM
What is the Dia. of the 23p that you are using? Is it the Vengence?

Sandbar Junkies
04-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
I only had to say it once to learn my lesson:D , going to Havasu next weekend. When's your guys next trip?
Not sure yet but I will let you know. How is my base board and chair rail doing?

Speedin' Ian
04-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Not sure on the diameter of the props, the 25 is slightly larger and they are both Quicksilver.
Sandbar Junkies that molding is sitting in the shop, just waiting on you guys to pick a date, preferably one that is not going to be sunny and hot (boating weather). If you guys pick out some molding and let me know how many feet I can put together a number for materials, labor will cost you beer!!

phebus
04-24-2004, 04:50 PM
It would be fine for a back up, but if it doesn't allow your engine to operate within the proper WOT specs, it would be hard on the engine. Running to tall a prop is like driving a car in too tall a gear. It is hard on the engine.

Dr. Eagle
04-24-2004, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I posted that just before I left early this afternoon. You don't mention the gear ratio or RPM.......

Kilrtoy
04-24-2004, 10:27 PM
That is a lot of prop for a 350 and a 21' boat