PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

24ROD
04-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Who do you guys get Insurance through for your High HP Flatys and Hydros.

AdrenelineOD
04-24-2004, 07:59 PM
I need to know also!:D We did it through survival but that was a lot. It doubled our ins. payment ( full coverage 15,000)

superdave013
04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking that 99% of them are not insured at all.

Kindsvater Flat
04-24-2004, 09:50 PM
Mine is on my homeowners policy. They never asked alot of questions, took lots of pictures. I think its about 300 for the year.

superdave013
04-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Mine is on my homeowners policy. They never asked alot of questions, took lots of pictures. I think its about 300 for the year.
Hummm, does that cover the other guy if you happen to have an accident out at the lake? I bet they just love that new blower engine too.
Mine's with AAA but that's the schiada. No one would insure my hondo.

Kindsvater Flat
04-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Hummm, does that cover the other guy if you happen to have an accident out at the lake? I bet they just love that new blower engine too.
Mine's with AAA but that's the schiada. No one would insure my hondo.
Covers everything and its with AAA also. No blower engine yet.:(

Cousin Bob
04-24-2004, 11:14 PM
I can't insure my old dog sled either, unless its in the garage (home owners) or I'm pulling it behind the truck (vehicle ins.) so I guess if I wad it up on the water, I'll have to tell the insurance company that it happened while in tow.
I did hear that you can get specialty ins. but at a high cost!!

SANGER-RICH
04-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Im insured through Allstate, they was the only one that would insure my 16 ft jet with the 468, the rest of my insurance was with Farmers, now Allstate has it all, just keep the hp rating down when you talk to them and it will be cheaper:D :D

BigBoyToys
04-25-2004, 06:24 PM
All my stuff is through Allstate. They didn't have any problems insuring the boats but we do alot of business with our agent. I've heard some folks say that Allstate won't cover it, but it all depends on your agent I think (A homeowners policy helps;) )

24ROD
04-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all the replys. I'm looking to put together a cole flaty with a blown gas motor. Just was a little nervous about where to start. As far as Insurance.

Sangerboy
05-02-2004, 09:34 AM
NEVER and I repeat NEVER underestimate the power level or speed capability of your boat to the insurance company. You may as well not even purchase the policy. Although your agent is friendly and a likeable person, the company is not your friend. They are a business and their goal is to make money, they do this by bringing in more money than they pay out. If you have a large claim (don't think it can't happen to you, I talked to an aduster about 2 years ago and at that time the average claim for an OT header burn was $125,000.00) and the company can find a way out of paying they will. If you have misrepresented the power and speed capabilities of your boat they will likely void your policy and you will personally be liable for the damages. Remember the most important thing to insure is liability, that is where the largest claims occur. I insure the Sanger for liabililty only and it's about $440.00 per year. Worth every penny, I'll post the name of the company when I get home. Superdave is right I bet less than 1% of these boats are insured.