PDA

View Full Version : Hitch lock, where was it ?

manuel
04-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I saw a while back a lock that mounted to the receiver and went over/above the ball & cup, I've searched here and the photo's and can't find any info. does anyone remember the post ?

TheEduKATor
04-25-2004, 11:03 AM
It's made by trailer guardian, and they have 3 models to select from. The website does not list the prices so here they are as of last week, the single arm ball mount is $39, dual arm ball mount is $49 and they also make one called the equalizer. S&H is around $8. Someone saw them on ebay going for $79, so I would buy direct and save. Click the link for more info
http://trailerguardian.com/
or call 1-800-861-7416 to order

moneysucker
04-25-2004, 01:09 PM
I believe Wall Mart carries them. I would go there. Faster cheaper and no S&H.

MsDrmr
04-25-2004, 01:54 PM
shop walmart on the internet or call though, they are hard to find and not worth driving all over creation for... Anything good is hard to find.

Dr. Eagle
04-25-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by moneysucker
I believe Wall Mart carries them. I would go there. Faster cheaper and no S&H. '
Unless you are like lots of those on this board that are too good to go to the big WM........ or the Mega Low Mart as Hank Hill would have called it.....:p

manuel
04-25-2004, 02:34 PM
THANK YOU!! I had a boat pop loose crossing some railroad tracks years ago, no real damage just looked stupid and I didn't think the 330lbs. of tongue weight I carry now would be any problem but I was reading on an offshore site stories of bigger boats than mine coming loose so I thought a little extra insurance couldn't hurt.

moneysucker
04-25-2004, 02:37 PM
If anyone wants to bitch about big business, F Off! You don't like wall mart, don't shop there. I am sure they will miss your sales. Inconvenience yourself and drive all over town to buy everything you need instead of going to one place good job smart guy. My time is more valuble than that. Wall mart does tripple the business of all the others combined. Boycott all you want I am sure it will get you as far as the grocery store strike in so cal. I build chain stores. that is how I make money to keep Jegs and Summit in business. My stainless hardware bill also pays the light bill at the local hardware store. Well, I have to go to Target, Thare isn't a WM here. Have a great day.

TheEduKATor
04-25-2004, 04:24 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/550Dual.jpg
Manuel is this the hitch lock you are talking about. I did not know Walmart carried them, but then again I haven't looked in their boating section in a while. If they got them there get them and it will save you a few days waiting for the shipping and they probably cost right around the same.

moneysucker
04-25-2004, 04:37 PM
That isn't the one I was thinking. I was thinking of a lock to deter theft. I haven't seen those. Not a bad idea though.

Dr. Eagle
04-25-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by moneysucker
That isn't the one I was thinking. I was thinking of a lock to deter theft. I haven't seen those. Not a bad idea though.
That is to deter theft. When locked in the down position, you can't lift the hitch off the ball. Serves two purposes, keeps someone from stealing it, if you have your draw bar locked, and keeps it from popping off if the hitch comes undone.
Honestly though, I have not seen those at the Mega Low Mart, I think I'd go with the website.