PDA

View Full Version : Enderle Hat Help Needed

BLOWNDEAVER
04-25-2004, 05:35 PM
This a very lenghty question, I currently have a 496,brodix 2x ,littlefield hi-helix 14-71 ,superchiller,enderle birdcather, The problem is new blower has large opening,bird will only fit with adapter, question beeing will a buzzard hurt performance? Iunderstand it probably will not help, but by doing the change ,Iwont have to run adapter,and have to add on to cable holder. Iwill install this motor in a deaver hydro,rpm around 7000 to 7300 please help thanks alot:cool: :confused: :rolleyes: ;)

bigkatboat
04-25-2004, 08:25 PM
I could use that 'Bird', if you move up! There is a 'deal' called a "teradactil"(sp?) it is used to 'adapt' big to small, or small to big. I haven't seen one in years, but it's a real thing, not just my 'overworked mind'. Alcohol drag cars used them in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. It raises the 'hat' aprox. 5". "BUZZ" and "Barn" tend to 'kill too much bottom', your motor (size) and RPM range will be overwhelmed by the 'monster hole' in the top, unless you are driving (alcohol) over 30lbs of boost.

Fiat48
04-25-2004, 08:32 PM
I seen 'em but never knew what they called them. If anybody knows where to get one, Jim would know. Here's his site: http://www.goodvibesracing.com/Blower%20Injector.htm

MAXIMUS
04-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BLOWNDEAVER
This a very lenghty question, I currently have a 496,brodix 2x ,littlefield hi-helix 14-71 ,superchiller,enderle birdcather, The problem is new blower has large opening,bird will only fit with adapter, question beeing will a buzzard hurt performance? Iunderstand it probably will not help, but by doing the change ,Iwont have to run adapter,and have to add on to cable holder. Iwill install this motor in a deaver hydro,rpm around 7000 to 7300 please help thanks alot:cool: :confused: :rolleyes: ;)
No a buzzerd would not hurt performance at all!:)

BLOWNDEAVER
04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
I appreciate all who have replied! i already have the two inch spacer. just like the look of bigger had, but will not change if there is a disadvantage. HEY INFO WHATS YOUR BRAIN KNOW ABOUT THIS Thanks

Infomaniac
04-26-2004, 08:06 PM
The size of the butterflies are not going to be that big of a deal.
The correct pump, nozzles and barrel valve are the biggest things that need to be right.
I have never been fortunate enough to have a Buzzard

cal***boat
04-26-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Blown, You've got 2 ways to go, cheap and not so cheap.
www.kuhlsuperchargers.com
cheap-Adapter-part#33700-$96.00, bird to larger blower opening. Adds 2" to heigth.
not cheap-Injector Riser-part#33702A-$585.00, bird to larger blower opening. Adds 5" heigth and moves injector forward some.
Hope this helps and the owner-Kevin is very easy to deal with,
Rio< Michael
WOW -->not cheap-Injector Riser-part#33702A-$585.00, bird to larger blower opening. Adds 5" heigth and moves injector forward some.
I only paid $75.00 for mine that was used from one of the CIFCA guys from Jim's website.
Shop around because they ARE out there.

MAXIMUS
04-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Buzzard...:)