PDA

View Full Version : CP or Rex?

fullwood
04-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Who is better to order from? any bad or good experiences out there?

BarryMac
04-25-2004, 08:30 PM
i've read a lot of great things about rex, haven't orderd anything from them yet so I don't have any personal experiences to tell you. who is cp.

moneysucker
04-25-2004, 10:07 PM
REX! CP slacks on shipping and they determine what you need or not. They were waiting on one item on my order and withheld on shipping the whole thing for weeks until I called and they told me that they were waiting on my alternator bracket. I told them to ship the order and send the bracket when it came in. Two years later, I am still waiting. I went to their shop too since I was working in Rohnert park. They are nice. But they charge higher prices in the shop than in the catolog. Use Rex He has been very helpful on the boards and that counts for a lot in my book.
Cy

superdave013
04-26-2004, 05:54 AM
I have never delt with CP but have used REX time and time again.
REX MARINE rocks! You will be very happy I'm sure. Super fast shipping and they just don't carry any bull shit parts over there.
Plus Rexone spends alot of time here helping people. I like to give back by giving then my biz.

BigBoyToys
04-26-2004, 05:55 AM
You have to ask? Rex all the way;)

Danhercules
04-26-2004, 06:21 AM
I have used Rex, great experiance. Gotta go to the shop, I think there is still drool on the carpet.

diggler
04-26-2004, 06:28 AM
Go with Rex. I had another bad experience with CP this year. Bought an expensive part, they shipped the wrong one. They shipped the correct one to me, but had also charged me for the replacement part WITHOUT telling me. (Around $450)
I called them up and said WTF??? I was told they wouldn't credit me until they got the wrong part back. Well shit, how could I have sent it back until I got the return label with the replacement part?? I was so pissed. Even after they got the part back (very promptly might I add!), it still took a week for the credit to hit my account.

Squirtcha?
04-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Ordered a butt load of stuff from Rex this morning. Nothing real expensive, just some bobbles really. The ordering process was taken over the phone. The person that took care of me was real fast and made the process painless (until I had to do the credit card thing anyway) Not that it was outrageously expensive, just that I always hate that part. They told me the stuff would be on my doorstep in approx 3 days.
I'll letcha know how it goes.

OutCole'd
04-26-2004, 09:05 AM
Rex has always taken great care of me, even going the extra mile at times.
At Rex Customer service is #1

DansBlown73Nordic
04-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I just placed an order with Rex. Everything went very smooth.
I then called CP for a blower gasket. Rex doesn't stock them. CP aswered with a machine that put me on hold. Twice some clown picked up to see if I needed help....:confused: No I just called to see if your open....I gave up after about ten minutes.
:mad:

shaun
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Havnt used CP and have only ordered from rex once so far but i can say from that one time that it was a great experience and i got my parts next the next day!

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 03:42 PM
I have bought from both. Both have great stuff and both have good customer service. I started buying from CP because they were ahead of the curve with the internet, and I like to shop on line. Rex has caught up (more or less, CPs site still seems more user friendly to me) and I will definitely buy from them again when the need arises.

GlastronGuy
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Rex. But don't plan on getting a catalog.

1 fast okie
04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
the one and only rex is the way to go if its not in the book just ask they can get it

moneysucker
04-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 1 fast okie
the one and only rex is the way to go if its not in the book just ask they can get it
Book? What book? JK I am sure tha catologs will be out to us all shortly.

moneysucker
04-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Moneysucker, catalog? shortly? lol. What kind of drugs you been takin cuz I want so too!
Rio>don't believe in fairy tales any longer< dog
Since the Easter bunny failed to deliver, It is up to the tooth fairy or santa to come through. Keep your fingers crossed.

cruser
04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
CP is out of catalogs also.
cruzer

Squirtcha?
04-28-2004, 06:02 PM
It worked just like it's supposed ta. I ordered on Monday morning and the stuff was on my doorstep Wednesday afternoon. I really didn't expect it til Thursday so that was cool.
I'll definitely order from Rex again. The order was complete, packed well and I don't think it can't get any smoother.

jim lee
04-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Reading this thread puts my mind at ease. Rex just picked up Banderlog as a product line. Workin' on their initial order right now as a matter of fact.
Well actually, no.. I -was- workin' on their order 'till I decided to have a look at the boards.. :-)
-jim lee