PDA

View Full Version : Freeboard Challenged Check In

wsuwrhr
04-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Just wondering who is planning to go so far.
Just to get some interest going, I thought I would let everyone know I am getting some Hitch Covers ready for awards.
That's right, Billet Tow Hitch covers.
Such as: Coolest Roostertail
Lowest Freeboard
Longest Tow
Two left to be surprises, we have to see how the weekend plays out to decide who ends up with them!!!
Do ya think you have what it takes to win one? Well do ya, PUNK?
Time to get working on your boats if you don't.
Pictures to follow this comming week.
Brian

Jetdriver
04-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Ill be there! :D

HBjet
04-25-2004, 09:59 PM
I'll be there!
HBjet

BIGAMIST
04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Gonna try;)

LVjetboy
04-25-2004, 11:02 PM
How 'bout a stereo competition.
:D :D :D :D
jer

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Hey SWEET PEA, just Who you callin "punk"? AND
is yours gonna be ready?
Rio
Besides, Rex 1 calls me "asshole"!
Looking scarce.
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 04:09 AM
I'm hurryin !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1394finished_water_manifold-med.JPG
recognize this Brian?
Don't imagine I'll get the n2o hooked up as I can't find a reasonable bottle bracket.
Rio
You are kidding right? You are making me throw out some SPAM.
Brian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/63Mvc-012f-med.jpg

Big Proppa
04-26-2004, 06:27 AM
Hey Rio did you see my ride when you were down there?.
I'll be down there again today to take some pictures if your not doing anything you should come!.

Big Proppa
04-26-2004, 06:29 AM
We set the trailer up this weekend at big river - we will be there for sure.

Hustler
04-26-2004, 08:39 AM
At this point I'm seriously having second thoughts. I still need to get exhaust on my boat and my new trailer still needs to get a few things fixed before I drag it to the river for the rest of the summer.

cyclone
04-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Hustler
At this point I'm seriously having second thoughts. I still need to get exhaust on my boat and my new trailer still needs to get a few things fixed before I drag it to the river for the rest of the summer.
screw you guy. you're coming or else you'll be rollin on two wheels for the rest of the summer. :D
oh yeah by the way i'll be there too.:)

hack job
04-26-2004, 09:32 AM
we will be there with one spectra;) it should be a lot of fun i have never been to that part of the river and it will be the first river trip with the new motor;)

Danhercules
04-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Hustler
Whats wrong with the new trailer?
I am gonna be there!!! With Keg in tow.

shockwaveharry
04-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I'll be there... going for the "coolest rooster tail" award. :D

Hustler
04-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Whats wrong with the new trailer?
Just some warranty stuff that I need to get done before I drag it all the way to the river

Hustler
04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
OH and the fact that it's hard to tow anything when your truck only has two wheels:p :D

78Eliminator
04-26-2004, 11:02 AM
WHEN IS IT? <--------(trying to be like WILDERTHANU)

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by shockwaveharry
I'll be there... going for the "coolest rooster tail" award. :D
That's what I want to hear.
Brian

Goodtime$
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
River Dave, you bringin the lil Schiada?
HBjet, seen ur boat before in blythe, were in Hidden Valley south of Lost Lake, see u guys memorial wk for the drags

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Im thinking of changing "Longest Tow" to "Farthest Tow."
What do you guys think?
Brian

Danhercules
04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
Im thinking of changing "Longest Tow" to "Farthest Tow."
What do you guys think?
Brian
EERRRR NO!!!
I was gonna be towin doubles!!! :D

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Well well, there lies the problem.
A play on words nets me trouble.
I meant Farthest Tow anyway. Now that I have a potential conflict. I can see I may have caused a problem.
The only solution is to ADD another hitch cover. Damn. haha. More aluminum going under the cutter.
Now we have "Farthest Tow" also.
Brian

roostwear
04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Damn. Good thing you didn't say BIGGEST toe.

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Damn. Good thing you didn't say BIGGEST toe.
Well now, being that this is my part of the show...
If I make one, dammit if I have to be the judge of that. haha
Now which toe are we talking about?
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
And if I didn't crap on myself enough already, I have a dilema.
Is it Furthest or Farthest?
Where are the English teachers in here?
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 08:26 PM
I think the tools you see in the picture scared the pump together. Either way it is looking up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63pumpshot.JPG

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
My Dad always taught me not to draw attention to myself. I listened to most of the things he told me.
Brian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63headertubes.JPG

wsuwrhr
04-26-2004, 08:34 PM
And if I didn't crap on myself enough already, I have a dilema.
Is it Furthest or Farthest?
Where are the English teachers in here?
Brian
How about some help here?
Brian

roostwear
04-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Furthest, farthest... I don't know. How about long distance award? Where are the grammar nazis when they're actually NEEDED?
BTW, good job on getting the pump back together!

MudPumper
04-26-2004, 10:06 PM
I'll be there and I might have my eye on that Roost award.:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/3033DCP_0371-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Roost5-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Roost4-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Roost3-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033Roost2-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/3033Roost1-med.JPG

superdave013
04-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Now which toe are we talking about?
Brian
I would hope it would be of the camel kind.

roostwear
04-27-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't know about a "best camel toe" award.........:yuk:
Next it'll be pugknuckles :eek!:

cyclone
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
what about the most ghetto trailer award? where do i sign up for that shiznit?

cyclone
04-27-2004, 10:27 AM
or how about the gas guzzler award? most fuel consumed?

Danhercules
04-27-2004, 11:18 AM
How bout longest kegstand award!:D :D :D

wsuwrhr
04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Nice rooster Mud, but I gotta tell ya , you gonna have to do about 5 times better than that to take the award n I'm not funnin with ya!
Rio
That is a nice 'tail Mudpumper.
We'll see Riodog.
You are saying yours is 5 times better than that?
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Too late,
"Farthest Tow" it is.
Kudos to Rio who stuck his neck out there beyond the call of duty.
Brian

MudPumper
04-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Nice rooster Mud, but I gotta tell ya , you gonna have to do about 5 times better than that to take the award n I'm not funnin with ya!
Rio
Yeah no shit, there are gonna be a few boats pushin quite a few more ponies than me.:D

victorfb
04-28-2004, 11:25 AM
i will definatly be there. just hope i can get the rogers done by then. if not, the old (worst gel) tahiti will make one more trip. i kinda like the "longest" tow idea. i too may have to tow doubles and trust me when i say it will be long. not legal, but long.:p sorry danhurcules. :D now how can i avoid all the chp ?

roostwear
04-28-2004, 11:43 AM
now how can i avoid all the chp ? [/B]
Dress in black and chant "you can't see me, you can't see me, lalalalalalalalala"
I hope I can get my engine work done in time. Even if I can, the Advantage will headed to BR untested. I'd hate to have it sitting on the beach or trailer the whole weekend! :D

cyclone
04-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by roostwear
Dress in black and chant "you can't see me, you can't see me, lalalalalalalalala"
I hope I can get my engine work done in time. Even if I can, the Advantage will headed to BR untested. I'd hate to have it sitting on the beach or trailer the whole weekend! :D
I CAN FIX IT. MY DAD'S A TV REPAIRMAN AND HE'S GOT A BITCHIN' SET OF TOOLS!

roostwear
04-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
I CAN FIX IT. MY DAD'S A TV REPAIRMAN AND HE'S GOT A BITCHIN' SET OF TOOLS!
OK, let me clarify. Instead of just "engineering" a Mr Gasket fuel line to work, I'm redoing the fuel system from the pump up to the carb with stainless, anodized, and billet. How quickly I get the new stuff will determine when it's done. The manifold part is a piece of cake. Probably could have waiting until after FC to do this stuff, but what fun would THAT be?
I want in on the Ugliest Trailer award. :D (might be where I spend the weekend!)

MudPumper
04-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by victorfb
[:D now how can i avoid all the chp ? [/B]
Just caravan up with Roostwear, the CHP wont even notice you with all the smoke and sparks coming off of Roost's trailer. :D
Sorry Roost, couldn't resist!!;)
Victorfb, what kind of doubles set up are you planning on towing? Camping Trailer with boat on back?? If that's the deal I wouldn't sweat it too much. You don't see them very often but it is legal if you have your doubles endorsement. I don't think they are gonna stop you just to check if you have it.

MudPumper
04-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Man I tried and tried... but there ain't no way Bubbles is going to be done for this thing. :( :( I still have to get the motor painted, a bunch of parts machined and installed etc...
To be honest the paint is what is going to end up holding this deal up. :( I could probably get the rest done in time.
RD
Dave, what kind of sorry excuse is this??????? Just get it together, **** the paint!! None of us care if the motor has paint or not! We just want to see that badboy out there. If you need help, Cyclones dad is a TV repairman who has a bitchen set of tools and can fix anything!! LMAO:D

PE 316
04-28-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm new tp the recreational boating scene...
Exactly what is a "freeboard"???
And why is it "challenging"???
P.S. - Where is "Big River"??

MudPumper
04-28-2004, 05:06 PM
It's Challenged, it's a politically correct joke. We are Freeboard
(the low to the water sides of our boats, small jets and flats) Challenged. Big River is South of Parker on the Colorado River.

roostwear
04-28-2004, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MudPumper
[B]Just caravan up with Roostwear, the CHP wont even notice you with all the smoke and sparks coming off of Roost's trailer. :D
QUOTE]
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! I think I hurt myself laughing! Victor, he may be right..... :eek!:

victorfb
05-02-2004, 07:38 AM
when is everybody planning on headin' out to the FC? Is anybody planning a caravan? VIctor and I will probably be leaving Thurs or Fri depending on what I can do about work.

victorfb
05-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Just caravan up with Roostwear, the CHP wont even notice you with all the smoke and sparks coming off of Roost's trailer. :D
Victorfb, what kind of doubles set up are you planning on towing? Camping Trailer with boat on back?? If that's the deal I wouldn't sweat it too much. You don't see them very often but it is legal if you have your doubles endorsement. I don't think they are gonna stop you just to check if you have it.
i dont think just having an endorsement will help this time. ill be driving the crew cab F550, towing a 38' 5th wheel toy hauler. by the time i weld a hitch to the back and hook up the boat trailer id be in the nieghborhood of 76' long. that might raise an eyebrow or two.
we may have to take seperate trucks for this trip. next time i will have made a trailer/dolly for the boat so i can put it INSIDE the 5th wheel trailer.
oh, and NO, i do not have a doubles endorsement lic. either.:(

Danhercules
05-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by victorfb
when is everybody planning on headin' out to the FC? Is anybody planning a caravan? VIctor and I will probably be leaving Thurs or Fri depending on what I can do about work.
Talkin in the 3erd person again!!
Hi Toni!!

roostwear
05-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Talking in the third person is a sure sign of alcohol abuse.
Roostwear will be, uh, I will be testing the Advantage in BHC from Saturday to Tuesday, back to work Wed and Thurs, and leaving for BR Friday morning. That back to work thing for 2 days is a killer!
It's a grueling schedule, but someone has to do it!:D
Anyone in BHC over the weekend, give me a shout.

PE 316
05-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Will anybody be @ "Big River" on Father's Day 2004 (June 20th) for the V-drive Show???
I was talking with a buddy of mine who will be sponsoring/providing the trophies for this event and he is trying to talk me into making the 8 hour tow from Northern California to this event...
My two options (for the same weekend) are:
1. Camp Far West Gathering (2 hours from home)
2. Big River Gathering (8 hours from home)
I went to "Camp Far West" for the "New Years Day Gathering" (rained out) and was thinking about trying something new/different. Also, I have NEVER made a trip to "the River" with my flat, yet.
I'm looking for some recommendations on which way to go...

wsuwrhr
05-09-2004, 09:24 PM
I actually finished the Hitch covers last week, but I haven't been able to scan and post them up.
Let me know what ya'll think.
Picture quality could be better, I snapped 5 shots, and this was the best one. I don't know what the deal is.
Brian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63hitchcovers.JPG

cyclone
05-09-2004, 09:46 PM
i cant read the top two award's.

wsuwrhr
05-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I covered them on purpose.
Two left to be surprises, we have to see how the weekend plays out to decide who ends up with them!!!
I posted this in the beginning of the thread.
Brian

wrightnow
05-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by PE 316
Will anybody be @ "Big River" on Father's Day 2004 (June 20th) for the V-drive Show???
I was talking with a buddy of mine who will be sponsoring/providing the trophies for this event and he is trying to talk me into making the 8 hour tow from Northern California to this event...
My two options (for the same weekend) are:
1. Camp Far West Gathering (2 hours from home)
2. Big River Gathering (8 hours from home)
I went to "Camp Far West" for the "New Years Day Gathering" (rained out) and was thinking about trying something new/different. Also, I have NEVER made a trip to "the River" with my flat, yet.
I'm looking for some recommendations on which way to go...
I'v been to a couple of the Father's day V-drive deal, It's a good time but alot of trailer queens.

smalls
05-10-2004, 06:21 AM
CAMP FAR WEST is the place! ...... Come On.......

roostwear
05-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I actually finished the Hitch covers last week, but I haven't been able to scan and post them up.
Let me know what ya'll think.
Picture quality could be better, I snapped 5 shots, and this was the best one. I don't know what the deal is.
Brian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63hitchcovers.JPG
Ooh, ooh! I know what they are!!:p

MudPumper
05-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I think one of them is "Most Ghetto RV"!!!LOL:D
Just messin with you Mike, I know where the party will be this weekend!!! And don't worry, I won't come-a-knockin when the trailer is rockin. Especially since it will be you and Randy in there!! ;) :D