PDA

View Full Version : SuperLight.......Look out!...Sanger-JeRk

CircleJerk
04-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Yes, it's true, I just bought a Sanger gull wing? Title says 72 but I see no serial number unless its under the aluminum. Length is 17'10", 10 degree Casale, 8 degree stellings strut, 11 1/2X15 stellings X prop, 1973 454 with TR2 edelbrock square box style tunnel ram, MSD 6ML with rev limiter. The last owner said it scared him to death so it sat in storage.
Prop was 5/8 inch away from strut! center cav plate turnbuckles were removed on the one piece plate! Do you think this had anything to do with the wild ride???
Someone said this style of boat would kite at random and was discontinued early in production, I dont know anything about Sangers but I know they made a longer version that is featured in this months Hot Boat (owner Clyde Detrick?). I cant get the straight edge between the keel and the chine to measure the gull cause the bunks are in the way,but it looks like 1/2 inch or so. Will this boat turn with a soft chine?? The rear chine has a step in it so the very back is not flat.
So Mr superlight, are you ready????? We test at Banks this weekend with ambulance and rescue on site. Anyone is welcome to venture to Sunbanks Resort and try the course after buying a one time membership of 40.00. jErk:smilespi:

RaysonKid
04-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Oh oh,
More calling out.
Sure you want to do that?
Wake a sleeping giant?

CircleJerk
04-26-2004, 08:07 AM
I agree with sleeping! Or is that, calm and cool? Hey guys, if you are planning on going to TastinRacin, you need to fill out the form being sent to you. This will get you into our pits whether racing or showing! Does Rick intend to race or show???? Probably not race, now that jerk has a fast boat! Your Dad told me to get one!:D

72 superlite
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Congrats, jerk. Now send me your address and I'll bring over my new jig saw and we'll put a rumble seat in that one too. Is that the Sanger that was for sale at Moses Lake? White with blue. I won't be racing my boat, I just don't think the superlite hull would fair too well. Tell me about the showing at tasting and racing. What are the dates for all these things?

CircleJerk
04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Negatory....Big Light buddy. that Moses circle runner is still for sale for 5Gs. Mine is a gull wing with two separate gulls dividing it side to side. Would love to hear from a Sanger guy as to the advantages or as your Dad stated, didnt do a thing those runner bottoms. Hey go to www.TastinNRacin.net to see what you will miss if you dont show that beautiful boat. Several others will just be showing and you will be right next to us and the beer garden! Dont make me come over there and scratch your paint so you wont be afraid of the first one......I'm a jerk you know.:)

RaysonKid
04-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey Jerk,
If you scratch it.
I have to fix it.
Then you will really wake a sleeping giant.
Congrats on the new boat.
You said the center plate had no turn buckles??
That doesnt sound right.
So many boats.
Are you going to start hiring drivers?

72 superlite
04-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah, hire drivers. Keep buying them up , own a fleet and hire drivers, and then I don't have to tear my stuff up, I can tear up yours. Will you guys be needing help launching and recovering at Lake Sammamish, well wait a minute, the water over here is a lot colder, I'd be needing some hot cocoa if I helped. That lake is like 56 degrees right now, Guess I could use the wetsuit. Don't know if I'll take the boat there to show, maybe. But it will be at Banks Lake to run around with. Relax I already put the first scratch in it, the second one too.

CircleJerk
04-27-2004, 09:55 PM
OUch, two scratches, Yes we would love to have help launching and a wet suit would be a life saver. Please consider bringing that beauty. There is a custom car show also you know.
I dont need to hire drivers, they line up on the dock with their money to offer me! JeRks boat rental! Bait and hooks on the side! Just ordered the club shirts that you will like has something about the surgeon generals warning.....;)

RaysonKid
04-27-2004, 11:15 PM
What!!!
Two scratches???
I only knew of one.
Do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to touch up???
Let alone match a Kandy job?
You better just cover that baby up and park it in the garage.
Or the Drag Boat Museum..
:D

CircleJerk
04-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Cavitation plate hardware is going back on, anyone out there know what a gull wing bottom likes for a initial setting? Motor is 32" out. I am enjoying working on this boat! Everything just seems to go right instead of fighting me! Can anyone tell me if a flat deck 72 gull wing is rare? I dig that sort of thing.......Cant wait to try it out this weekend at Banks Lake. Testing Testing Sunshine please..........