PDA

View Full Version : Just a boating questioon

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
You tie your boat at the end of a dock. As you walk down the beach,you turn to see a larger boat to the out side of yours,with two people hanging on to your boat, then the third guy crawls across the bow of your boat to get to the dock. as you approach your boat ,the guy returns and crawls across the bow once again to return to his boat. The question is, Is this out of line?? Or is this acceptable in some places??

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by carreraelite
You tie your boat at the end of a dock. As you walk down the beach,you turn to see a larger boat to the out side of yours,with two people hanging on to your boat, then the third guy crawls across the bow of your boat to get to the dock. as you approach your boat ,the guy returns and crawls across the bow once again to return to his boat. The question is, Is this out of line?? Or is this acceptable in some places??
If you knew them or if they asked, I wouldn't have a problem. Otherwise, I think it is out of line.........but that is me........

beached 1
04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I would then walk accross his deck, and say "I just wanted to see what it's like to be an asshole..."

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
depends how they look .. LOL!! :D :p :p

summerlove
04-26-2004, 09:32 AM
The question is, Is this out of line??
Yeeessss!!!!
What a moron - no common sense and no consideration of others.

Pointerman
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Totally out of line. No touching another man's boat without his permission. Walking across it is just classless. If you were rafting with them that would be another story.

Quality Time
04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Out of line:mad:

little rowe boat
04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Without permission,way out of line.

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Nope I didn't know them. I offered to dance across the deck of there boat!! It was similar to or maybe even a 38 Hustler Purple on top with yellow/Orange flames down the side.

riverbound
04-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Not out of line he wanted his ass kicked:mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
WAY OUT OF LINE!

Low B
04-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
Not out of line he wanted his ass kicked:mad:
EXACTLY:mad: :mad: :mad:

jbtrailerjim
04-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Man you ****ing Havasu Boaters are WAY TO UPTIGHT.. So long as the guy wasn't wearing shoes, what the **** do you care if he walks across the bow of your boat to get onto the dock? Isn't this suppose to be about fun??
You can take that "Don't tread on me" attitude and keep it up in Havasu.
I'll have ya know, if you see my boat parked at one of the bars in Parker and your trying to offload some people your more then welcome to walk across my swim step, or even crawl through the open bow to get on the dock.
WTF is it with people nowdays? Seems like you guys are so concerned that you might have to wait an extra minute at the launch ramp becuase a newbie is struggling, or you might be inconvenienced in some small way by some little thing..
**** Man.. It's the river isn't it? Relax, take a tranquilizer and have a beer. Now if they were wearing shoes.. Well then, ya might want to say something about that, but even then if there's no damage incurred it's not worth getting in a fight over?
RD
Well if the guy did not have shoe's on it does not hurt anything But.....Imo it's still out of line and pretty damned inconsiderate. It's a little thing called common courtesy in my book. The guy could have at least asked if it was ok.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 10:08 AM
was there anyone there to ask.. I thought he left it there tied to the dock.. If he was there I'm sure he would have said something.. ;)

summerlove
04-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Man you ****ing Havasu Boaters are WAY TO UPTIGHT.. So long as the guy wasn't wearing shoes, what the **** do you care if he walks across the bow of your boat to get onto the dock? Isn't this suppose to be about fun??
I'll have ya know, if you see my boat parked at one of the bars in Parker and your trying to offload some people your more then welcome to walk across my swim step, or even crawl through the open bow to get on the dock.
WTF is it with people nowdays? Seems like you guys are so concerned that you might have to wait an extra minute at the launch ramp becuase a newbie is struggling, or you might be inconvenienced in some small way by some little thing..
**** Man.. It's the river isn't it? Relax, take a tranquilizer and have a beer. Now if they were wearing shoes.. Well then, ya might want to say something about that, but even then if there's no damage incurred it's not worth getting in a fight over?
Shit to be honest, so long as you had the Big Dog bouies you should've offered to let him side tie it up. That to me is PROPER boating etiquette..
RD
So RD, then what you're saying is that it's ok? I don't find those actions very "River Aware" or whatever the term is. I don't mind if they use my swimstep, but usually the operator isn't gonna care if he does that sort of stuff. Usually, the peeps he'll be dropping off are not "regulars" and therefore are not aware of the potential for damage to a deck if they have shoes, dirty feet with sand, etc..... I just think it's inappropriate.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Guess it wasn't just me...........:D

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 10:11 AM
some people just don't know....
At the boat show, some guy climbed INTO MY BOAT with his shoes on. And there were all these signs, saying DO NOT ENTER THIS BOAT!

carbonmarine
04-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I goit River Dave on this one... Its a ****ing boat, a pice of fibre glass ! ........Not the Taj Mahal or the Mona Lisa.....
geez...... Up tight is right ....
Rick32:cool:

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 10:15 AM
DEFINATELY out - of - line. people spend alot of time waxing, etc, thier hard decks. i would never event think of doing what was described. it isnt like your in a cove somewhere rafting up or something. your parked at the bridge or some place like that and they tie up to your side, take off to walk around, you come back and want to leave. then what?:confused:
totally unacceptable.

jbtrailerjim
04-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Read the 1st post.. He walked away from the boat and then saw them do it. Who were they going to ask? If the dock has boats in all the spots how else are they suppose to get on the dock? Us poor guys don't have that "levitate" feature in the little boats yet.
RD
So, I guess since the guy was not there that makes it ok? I don't care if know one was there and it was me I still would not walk across someones bow of there boat without asking first. I'd just be patient and wait for someone to leave. Some people are really picky about there boat and you never know how the owner is going to react to someone walking across the bow of there boat without asking if they see it happen.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
So RD, then what you're saying is that it's ok? I don't find those actions very "River Aware" or whatever the term is. I don't mind if they use my swimstep, but usually the operator isn't gonna care if he does that sort of stuff. Usually, the peeps he'll be dropping off are not "regulars" and therefore are not aware of the potential for damage to a deck if they have shoes, dirty feet with sand, etc..... I just think it's inappropriate.
I'm with you on that one... I know I wouldn't do it to someone elses boat without their permission. Guess I'm just too uptight......:rolleyes: :p :D

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 10:18 AM
THERE WERE OTHER PLACES FOR HIM TO DOCK WITHOUT HAVING TO USE OTHER BOATS FOR HIS DOCK!!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
THERE WERE OTHER PLACES FOR HIM TO DOCK WITHOUT HAVING TO USE OTHER BOATS FOR HIS DOCK!!!!!!!
Then I'd have REALLY been pissed...
probably had too many coctails to see the other spots.....:rolleyes:
that'll snag RD........... He he he he he he he

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
did you catch up to him and ask him WTF he was thinking.. I know I probably would have .. but it is done and I hope he didn't damage anything.. ;)

riverbound
04-26-2004, 10:22 AM
RD, how would you feel if after all the money you spent on bubbles someone decided to walk accross the bow?

repo man
04-26-2004, 10:23 AM
well isn't the dock for loading & unloading and not for day long parking. if you are going to take a stroll along the beach , beach the boat or get a slip. but don't park your boat all day on a dock. that's not cool either.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I also in my opinion would have to agree on both sides of this one .. I wouldn't want anyone crawling on my boat but then a gain.. if they were having a hard time getting in between boats or something to dock there's then I probably would let a fellow boater do it only to keep them safe at the same time.. safety to me is always first on the water.. just my 2 cents ;)

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
that would have been a scene if it were us. i dont know which one would be running off at the mouth and which one would be trying to calm the other one down. it wouldnt have gone un - mentioned.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
RD, how would you feel if after all the money you spent on bubbles someone decided to walk accross the bow?
if it was a girl in a thong or with big tit's I don't think he would mind at all. :D :D

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by repo man
well isn't the dock for loading & unloading and not for day long parking. if you are going to take a stroll along the beach , beach the boat or get a slip. but don't park your boat all day on a dock. that's not cool either.
We were at the shops near Kokomos and had only been there less than 30 mins.

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 10:32 AM
It probably wouldn't have bothered me so much if the docks were full, but just to do it as a matter of ease..... :confused: I personally would never think doing it to someone elses boat.

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 10:32 AM
boy, dave :confused:
this wasnt a case of someone needing assistance. these people just sound like total morons and definately un - "aware".
would you crawl across the hood of someone's car?

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I'd say there's non skid on it for a reason.. Have at it.
RD
Let me strap on a good pair if tap shoes!! :D ;) :wink: :D

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 10:40 AM
i think it is just a matter of having repect for others.
i know the types you are referring to (dont touch my stuff, man) and this isnt the case here.
i dont understand the whole "us" and "them" feel that i get from some folks when it comes to the river and the lake.

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 10:44 AM
There was no fight, no harsh words, just a simple WTF?? However like I stated, There were other places that they could have docked.

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 10:45 AM
kind of surprised me that it wouldnt bother you. like i said, it wasnt out of neccessity, it was just someone who was a "dumber - than - a - box - of - rocks jackass.:cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-26-2004, 10:46 AM
I think some things are getting confused. While I do think the guy was out of line. I also agree, and understand, RD's point of view, that this is more acceptable behavior down in Parker since everything is accessible only via the docks. That is not the case in Havasu. You can easily park in the channel on the tourist side and go to the London Bridge Village.
Also, the "wouldn't touch someone elses' boat" comments are ambiguous at best. In the same situation as RD, boat floating away from the channel/sandbar, I'd grab it in a heartbeat and re-beach it, even tie it off to my boat if neccessary. I think most people would do the same thing. However, if some guy just randomly came up to my boat and decide to tie off to it, I wouldn't be too pleased if I didn't know them. If they asked to do it, go for it. In my particular case there is someone always with the boat at the Sandbar or in the channel, it is never left unattended, so there is always someone to ask. The same can't be said when go to a dock down at Havasu Springs, we just leave the boat docked in our view.

rivercrazy
04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
I also wouldn't take to kindly about peeps walking across my closed bow. First off its not very considerate. Second off its not very safe. My boat usually has a fresh coat of wax and slipping off wouldn't be much fun.
RD - if you ever see me at the river and need a tie off, your always welcome. My box anchor would hold both of our boats no problem. But you really need to get an anchor someday! An RA boater has an anchor on board! hehehe:D

Ntwotrance
04-26-2004, 10:55 AM
If like you say, there were other spots, then perhaps he should have utilized them instead, but I don't think I'd get upset (unles he's trashing your boat in some manner like dropping a cooler or something on the bow)....
N(thinks RD needs to go back to smoking)2trance.

rivercrazy
04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
If you asked for permission I would probably say its fine. (without shoes and clean feet!)
No problem on the cocktail......
I almost never even get on my own bow! No non-skid + wax = wet....... LOL:D

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 10:56 AM
What if Miss April walked across your bow in golf cleets, topless, with a pitcher of margarita's?
LOL
:D

rivercrazy
04-26-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't care what she looked like. She'd be in the water pretty fast! Golf Cleats + Boats = Consequences!

carreraelite
04-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
What if Miss April walked across your bow in golf cleets, topless, with a pitcher of margarita's?
LOL
GET A ROPE!! THERE'S GOING TO BE A HANGIN'
Miss April obviousely is too sharp.

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 11:00 AM
"boat floating away from the channel/sandbar, I'd grab it in a heartbeat and re-beach it, even tie it off to my boat if neccessary. I think most people would do the same thing. However, if some guy just randomly came up to my boat and decide to tie off to it, I wouldn't be too pleased if I didn't know them."
of course you would touch someone stuff if it is loose! if they bitched at you for it, oh well, you did what was right.:)
we wouldnt get into a fight but i would say something.
dont make fun of my hat!!!:eek:

Jbb
04-26-2004, 11:04 AM
So Dave ...Tell your thoughts about drinking and boating....and why IS the prop not on the front of the stern drive...where it belongs!...
PS...you could walk across my boats deck if you like ....so long as you wax it when your done....:D

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 11:04 AM
I noticed!!!xxxxxoooooxxxxoooo:D :p

PHX ATC
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Uncool.
Now, who was it?

Ntwotrance
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Well, I'd hate to have to go back to the "chip in for RD's smoke" telethon we had last year....but if it'll keep you in good spirits, I've got 15 cents to contribute this time....:wink:

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 11:06 AM
She better be wearing a pair of knee pads.. if she's willing to put them to use, I'll get the gel fixed from some friends in the industry and have a story that I could tell my grand kids.. :D No knee pads = Pimp Slap.
RD
...and she better have DDs!:wink:

leibniz
04-26-2004, 11:07 AM
that might sum it up. Some people ARE morons with no courtesy or respect for other people or their property.
I would help a stanger in a pinch as quick as the next guy, but if someone I didn't know scuffed my boat I wouldn't just watch him do it and let him walk away with no comments.
The ONLY way that would be o.k. is if I had an endless supply of money. In that case, it would bug me, but I would just shake my head and carry on.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ntwotrance
Well, I'd hate to have to go back to the "chip in for RD's smoke" telethon we had last year....but if it'll keep you in good spirits, I've got 15 cents to contribute this time....:wink:
Lets see here........
RD to fund the schools and help people stop smoking, we would love you to sign this petition to raise the cigarette tax by $10 per pack. LOL......

Jbb
04-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey Brian... Drinking and Boating? Ask BoatCop. I don't do it. :D Safety 1st ya know. Apparently though, local law enforcement doesn't like the rest of my friends boats though becuase we've been stopped 2 weeks in a row now on saturday night coming home from the bar. :D :D Working on that though.. ;)
What's your take on this Brian? You care if someone walks across your sponsons bare foot to get onto a dock?
RD
The question does not apply...My boat never goes near a dock...But on Poker run lunch stops where 100 boats are stoppin for lunch or gas...rafting up is necessary...Scratches on the gel would bother me...but on the sunpad or swim platform ..I wouldnt care...Unless of course..It was YOU walking on my deck...I would have to beat your Teddy Bear ass like a red headed step child....:D :D

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 11:17 AM
We don't usually go to the sandbar on weekends. When we go,during the week, we haven't seen any of the behavior described here. Folks watch out for other folks boats, play horse shoes, dogs run around and play (kids too)
One time, our friend had a male dog that decided to "mark" the sandbar. Well he pissed all over this guy sitting in a chair. The guy was so cool about it and just laughed it off. His buddies were on the floor, laughing. Needless to say that dog isn't going on our trips anymore.
My point is that when I have been to the sandbar everyone has been cool.
;)

leibniz
04-26-2004, 11:20 AM
What if no Scuff? I.E. Barefoot? Obviously if they do something stupid to your boat they get a beating.. I'm just saying if they did it the same you would?
RD
If no scuff and I saw them do it as I was walking back to the boat, then I would just shake my head and say "morons...". However, knowing that people do that while you are away from the boat would bother me for this reason: you get back to your boat and you see a fresh shoe mark or scratch on it. If whoever did it walked across the bow without asking, then they won't be kind enough to tell you they did it either.
i.e. You are left with fresh marks that you have to clean/repair because of someone else's stupidness. I don't like it.
But again, if I had an endless supply of money, it honestly wouldn't bother me.

OGShocker
04-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
Unless of course..It was YOU walking on my deck...I would have to beat your Teddy Bear ass like a red headed step child....:D :D
ROTFLMAO!:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Well I'm glad it's not just me that feels it's not such a big deal.. ??? ;) :)
I guess I go for the goodtimes.. Granted I like nice hardware, and I'm more then anal about how that hardware is treated when my company is present. I just figure I know when to pick my battles and when not too. That's one that I'd probably let slide.. shoot I wouldn't even let it slide, to be honest with you I could careless so long as everything was on the up n up.
RD
Kinda like "no harm no foul"? Honestly I probably wouldn't have said anything unless I saw something I didn't like, like shoes or sandy dirty crappy feet leaving crap on my gelcoat. I just guess the thing I don't understand is if there were plenty of places to park why jump over another boat?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-26-2004, 11:23 AM
well all I know is I walked across a DCB this weekend and nothing was said to me.. I didn't have shoes on, and I didn't have sand on my feet.. :D :D

78Eliminator
04-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Personally, if I had to choose between walking across RD's boat, and diving in the water, I would choose to swim.
His bimini top is a real mother****er......

Laveyman
04-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll throw my .02 into the mix here.
I don't love the idea of a stranger walking across the bow of my boat. Like RD says, IF IT IS DONE RIGHT, IT'S NO BIG DEAL! However, what they think is doing it right may be drastically different than the boat owners idea. They may be barefoot, but do they have sand on their feet? Are they sliding on their butt across the gelcoat with their cutoffs, scratching the boat? Are they dragging their sandy shoes, purse and backpack along with them?
Walk barefoot across the deck of my boat and you're gonna be flat on yer back smacking your head on the boat. I keep a monster coat of wax that is as slippery as goose shit on my boat at all times. (Just ask XTRM22 about how I slid off the front of my boat while trying to crawl to the front.) Could they then turn around and sue me because they slipped on my boat. Yep, you bet they could! That alone makes me not like the idea of having someone walk across my boat or doing it to someone else's without asking first. Common courtesy would be to ask first. If there is no one to ask, I'd opt no to do it unless it was 100% absolutely necessary to do.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Personally, if I had to choose between walking across RD's boat, and diving in the water, I would choose to swim.
His bimini top is a real mother****er......
What's wrong with his bimbo's top?

leibniz
04-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Laveyman
I'll throw my .02 into the mix here.
I don't love the idea of a stranger walking across the bow of my boat. Like RD says, IF IT IS DONE RIGHT, IT'S NO BIG DEAL!...
That's the thing. You see someone doing it, how can you possibly know that it's "done right"? I don't think you can.
It's obviously a different story than if you know the guy. If I needed to walk across a bow, and I knew it was RD's boat, I know that he wouldn't mind, so I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd float for a while, park on the beach, or stroll a bit until I found someone's boat I recognized...
Common courtesy, that's all it is... nothing more...

unleashed
04-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Im not sure where you guys are seeing all the uptight people in Havasu at. I go there every weekend and have a great time and hang with really cool down to earth peeps. Maybe Im just lucky but I dont see it. The only thing I've seen that bothers me is some of the local kids that get out of hand every now and then but as life is you go with the flow and make the best of things. If you are uptight then it could ruin your whole weekend so try to relax and getover whatever may be the problem. Uptight people are everywhere including Parker Where I will go once in awhile with my to big for Parker boat that I hear complaints about. Dave Im waiting for another invite but I wouldnt want to ruin your reputation by parking my boat in front of your house! :D Sorry I couldnt hang longer at the Sandbar but I had to go turn my cards in.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Jbb
04-26-2004, 11:44 AM
How can you pay attention to anything he says.....I mean...the dude wears fruit on his head.....and yet is still surrounded by hotties....?>
RD ...were still on for Memorial day....right....lol...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/193dscn2184-med.jpg

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 11:48 AM
i dont know about those people who wear crazy hats!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/477havasu1003chriscynhats-med.bmp :cool:

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 12:51 PM
You ever heard the expression "I fought the law and the law one"
Well 78Elim fought the bimini and got knocked out.. LOL
RD
Ouch, hope the Bimini came out OK......;)

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Have you tried suflower seeds?
I know folk that have quit smoking with the patch and sunflower seeds.....
;)

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 12:52 PM
Incidentally, I smoked a stogie or two at lunch and am feeling much better.. Some of my posts earlier came off kinda harsh becuase there was some language in them. Well, I just kinda wrote them like I would say them if someone was standing in front of me.. No "serious" tone was intended. ;)
River"Phuk Havasu"Dave... :D :D
So was that a Cigar or Cigarette (i.e. the "Stogie") Cuz I'll smoke cigars with you any ol day...

leibniz
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
btw RD, nice work on the quitting smoking thing... (y)
It it will help you quit, you can bitch at me for the rest of the afternoon... :D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Bimini was fine... LOL It takes a lickin and keeps on ticken.. ;)
RD
Did the blood come out OK?;) LOL

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by leibniz
It it will help you quit, you can bitch at me for the rest of the afternoon... :D
If you're gonna pass RD, I'll take up the challenge!!!!!!!!! LOL......;)

leibniz
04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Only 1 quitting smoking candidate at a time please...
:D :D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by leibniz
Only 1 quitting smoking candidate at a time please...
:D :D
OK you're off the hook..........;) :D

miller19j
04-26-2004, 01:03 PM
RD,
If you ever step on my bow I will kick you in the junk!! :D
Miller(don’t touch my boat)19j

AZmike
04-26-2004, 01:09 PM
If she's naked without shoes its ok, or maybe holding a detail towel.

OutCole'd
04-26-2004, 01:16 PM
You ever heard the expression "I fought the law and the law one"
Well 78Elim fought the bimini and got knocked out.. LOL
RD
LMAO!! I picture 78Elim with your bimini in a headlock.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
LMAO!! I picture 78Elim with your bimini in a headlock.
Sounds like the Bimini got the better of it, maybe a little skin and blood left behind by 78Elim.........LOL..........ouch!

OutCole'd
04-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Sounds like the Bimini got the better of it, maybe a little skin and blood left behind by 78Elim.........LOL..........ouch!
Maybe the Bimini had 78Elim in a head lock till he tapped out.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Maybe the Bimini had 78Elim in a head lock till he tapped out.
You know the evil Bimbo top.........
:p :D

little rowe boat
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
That's exactly the point that I'm trying to make..
At the river it wouldn't be a big deal?? Why is it such a big deal at the lake?
After reading your posts for the last year, I think your more with "us" then them.. ;) :D Kinda surprised me that you'd care if someone walked across the bow of your boat so long as they weren't wearing shoes?
RD
I wouldn't even consider hoping through or onto somebody's boat if I didn't know them or if it wasn't an emergency.The reason I care is,I treat mine and other peoples property with respect,not every individual has those same value's.If I don't know you then I don't know if I can trust you.

jackpunx
04-26-2004, 02:03 PM
What an entertaining thread.. yea.. I had people watching my boat at the sandbar and went to visit with some friends.. I came back.. and Dave is standing there with a big cat in one hand smokes in the other and somehow I remember him having a beer too..:D I was asking him “WTF are you doing and where did you get that boat?” anyway.. I jumped on that guys boat.. Walked across his bow and grabbed his rope.. Some of the other guys were yelling at this guy for not paying attention to his boat.. The guy could have kept a better eye on it.. but he was not malicious by any means.. (no damage done but there was potential for it)
Im with you on the "different Vibe" in parker.. I really like almost all the people I have met in Havi/parker.. but the vibe in havi is different.. Can t really explain it. Don’t get me wrong.. I love the long rides from the springs to topac and chillen at the sandbar.. but Parker is where I feel calm and at home.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:05 PM
That's becuase people (& chicks especially) are friendly like down in Parker.. LOL :D
RD
But the Bimbo Tops can be deadly.......LOL.........:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:08 PM
The Nordic don't take no shiznit.. :D
RD
Must be those horned helmets.......LOL.........:D

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
like i said, it is different if you are trying to help someone than if you are using someone's boat as a stepping stone because your captain doesnt want to try and park in a perfectly good slip.:)

rivercrazy
04-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Must be those horned helmets.......LOL.........:D
Last time I saw one of those helmets, it was on a Lavey owner but he was wearing it in the wrong place!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

jackpunx
04-26-2004, 02:14 PM
That's becuase people (& chicks especially) are friendly like down in Parker.. LOL :D
RD
LOL>. thats not all it.. but .. it helps..:D .. BTW.. LOL.. Someone lost a bra at YOUR house..:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:15 PM
That does it... The next time I'm in Havi, I'm looking for your Nordic. :D 1st I'll side tie (without askign permission) next I'll get up on the bow and dance a jig.. and only after the husband is seeing red I'll introduce myself. :D
RD
RD, tempting fate...............LOL.............:p

Her454
04-26-2004, 02:17 PM
If someone ever walked across the bow of my boat it would be their last, period.
RD if I ever see ya in Parker, stay the hell away from my boat. :D

hot_diggity_dog
04-26-2004, 02:18 PM
That does it... The next time I'm in Havi, I'm looking for your Nordic. :D 1st I'll side tie (without askign permission) next I'll get up on the bow and dance a jig.. and only after the husband is seeing red I'll introduce myself. :D
RD
Dave the world revolves on peoples actions not locations.
I bet it's 50/50 of the peeps that used to go to Parker that go to Havi and vise versa.
I had a Bayliner pull into Steamboat on Sunday and I heard the old Blue hair say to his wife I think we are low on Power steering fluid.
I open up the hatch and say I think I have you covered,
Their comment was WOW they don't treat you like that in Parker J/K, but I don't thinkl they believed it until I haded her the bottle and told her husband to use a s much as they needed.
I call it Boater Karma
The Fockers will eventually get what they deserve no matter if their boaters from Parker or Havasu!
You know there are even nice gang bangers out there too! Just never met one. LOL
RD let's do Havasu next weekend>
HDD:cool:

jackpunx
04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Sounds a little hostile.. :rolleyes:

91nordic29
04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
RD
i will have a cocktail ready for you after your jig:D
i would know you anywhere, you may side tie to us anytime, hubby is very mild - mannered and, be careful, it is awful slick up there!
PS-- we will be there may 13 - 17:D ;)

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:20 PM
One wants to avoid Negative Boater Kharma at all costs.......:D Holy Cow....!

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 02:21 PM
and any unbalanced equations.................:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:25 PM
and any unbalanced equations.................:D
Unbalanced equations are a negative energy........very dangerous!

Debbolas
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
LOL

Jbb
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Her454
If someone ever walked across the bow of my boat it would be their last, period.
RD if I ever see ya in Parker, stay the hell away from my boat. :D
Tell him girl......Kick him too!!!...:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
Tell him girl......Kick him too!!!...:D
yeah, right in the junk!!!!!!!!:D

Jbb
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Kick him anyway Traci........BANG!.....:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 02:35 PM
In the Junk Traci.....;) :p

mbrown2
04-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Not something you do frequently, but if there were no open spaces, and swimming might present an issue as in I needed to keep something dry, I would climb over over someone's boat to get to dock.....I would first check to see if anyone was around to ask, but if no one was there, I would do it and use care....In addition, I have climbed over numerous boats in which I did not know the owners to keep someone from hitting their boats when the owner was not around....Its common courtesy to ask, but if I can't ask oh well sorry....

welk2party
04-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Lots of opinions with hostile attitudes. Do the right thing. Do unto others as you would have done unto you! And NO, I am not a bible thumper.

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
Lots of opinions with hostile attitudes. Do the right thing. Do unto others as you would have done unto you! And NO, I am not a bible thumper.
I;d do unto others too...... scratch my bow, I'll scratch yours......LOL.....
J/K......;)
And I only thump bibles across bow scratcher's heads.......:D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Damn, I hope I don't fall under the hostile category..
RD <---- thinking I did though. :(
RD<----------Having a nicotine moment!!!!!

Her454
04-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Traci, the shit you guys are running up @ CFW aren't exactly the types of boats you typically see tied off to a bar etc.. Most of the boats up there you couldn't walk on the deck becuase you'd fall right through the damn thing. I think we're more talking about "bigger" (I'll call them this so as to not offend anyone) "***boats." I.E. 21 - 25 +' daycruisers v-bottoms cats etc.. Not exactly "light layup" drag boats with 15000 dollar paint jobs n shiznit.
RD
I knew what you were talking about, but I think I'd still be upset if ya walked across the bow of myJet ....just ask my daughter. ;) And its been tied up to plentttttty of bars :):):)
As far as the Hydro goes.....yep, you'd fall right through. :)

mmered8299
04-26-2004, 06:15 PM
I was in Copper Canyon years ago with a buddy and some girls just chilling. We were in my Dads 1971 mint condition 21' Spectra. It was mint condition because it was my Dad anal about it. It was his baby next to his kids. He taught us about respect and keeping things nice. And about how there is an etiquette with boating, playing golf or anything else in life. There are rules, not written, just learned, by listing and asking questions. bla bla anyways. Were in copper canyon I see this big football player dude start walking across boats trying to get to some topless girls. We were in between him and the girls. The guy walk up to the boat as I stood up in front of him. He complemented me on how nice the old boat looks. Then he asked if he could walk across and I said no, go around. Then he got made an said I was an asshole and proceeded to step forward. I quickly pushed him in the water. He grabbed on the boat to pull himself up, but I had my foot on his head and I told my buddy to start up the boat and get the hell out of here as I could see his friends walking on boats to get to me. From that day on I no longer chill in CC for the ignorant boater who lack respect for others

phebus
04-26-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm sitting here laughing, picturing you with your foot on the guys head. Too funny :D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I'm sitting here laughing, picturing you with your foot on the guys head. Too funny :D
Somehow or another I am picturing RD doing the same with the crazed red eyes of the nicotine starved boating post ho...
Anybody got a smoke? Oh, the guy that went in the water.... oh well I don't think they'll light......:D

fourspeednup
04-26-2004, 07:29 PM
Somehow or another I am picturing RD doing the same with the crazed red eyes of the nicotine starved boating post ho...
Anybody got a smoke? Oh, the guy that went in the water.... oh well I don't think they'll light......:D
There's a visual:eek: :eek: :D

Dr. Eagle
04-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
There's a visual:eek: :eek: :D
Kinda what I was thinking..... the scary thing is it's plausable with RD having the nic fit!!!!!!! LOL..........;)

Phat Matt
04-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Last year my dog jumped out of my open bow before I layed a wet towel down. He scratched it. I explained to him that he needed to respect my boat, but he didn't listen because he tried to do it again. I had to cut his legs off and teach him some respect. I also changed his name from "Bud" to "Bob" because that's all he does when I throw him in the water now. :D This is him before I cut off his gel coat scratching talons.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02575.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02635.jpg

moneysucker
04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
RD, I have a drag hull and if someone walks on my deck it is a one way ticket to ass kick ville. Not only can their fat ass fall through and ruin my boat, then sue me but This "What? It is just a boat?" attitude Is bull shit and comes from people who A: didn't pay for their own boat. Or B: Own a piece of shit. It is this kind of ****ed up no respect attitude that caused me countless hours wet sanding and buffing the deck of my boat to get the dog tracks off of it. I don't have a dog. I start working on my boat well before christmas to Dis assemble everything and either pollish everything or send it out to be pollished and do what ever modifications I want done for the season. My opinion, It was way out of line and the guy should have been beaten with a rubber hose.

fourspeednup
04-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Phatt Matt, that was funny!
To get back to the original question "What would you do?" or something along those lines.....
I probably would have made some smart-ass comment about it to the apparent owner of the hustler and hopefully shared a laugh with the guy. So basically I just took a potential confrontation and turned it into a friendly encounter and probably would have gotten a free beer out of it. So long as no harm was done, it's all good. I'm not just saying that because my boat is a POS and I'd never even attempt to polish the deck for fear of the metal flake falling off, but eventually when i do get my "big" boat in a few years the same goes. To me it's all about attitude. Deal with the situation in a calm manner and keep your composure and all will be well with the world. If the other guy chooses to make an ass of himself by ranting and raving, so be it---just sit back and enjoy the show.
Personally I would never step on another man's/woman's boat without his/her permission unless they were a friend. I've seen too many ugly situations start from minor things like this and i don't want the drama.:cool:

Drunk tank
04-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Way I see it... if need be ya can walk across my bow. Obviously I dont got a swim step and hopping down inside and then climbing back up is more effort. As long as your not wearin shoes or grindin sand around its all good... but if youre around my size try to stay to the edges. Us fat bastards tend to deflect the center of that this old bow. Once I get my shit regelled then I'll be a little more sensitive to stuff but if your considerate and try to be gentle with where and how ya walk on it (not some moron that just jumps down onto it) then its all good.... gotta do what ya gotta do. Now if I found some drunk frat boy dancing a jig on my bow... He'd get his ass kicked on general principle (and for being a frat boy). Now in the rare instance its a fine lady... Well then I'll insist they cross my bow...and help them. Wouldnt want them to accidently slip and fall in the water. :D
Edit: BTW, I'm gonna have the total cathlic style jesus on the cross painted on my bow surrounded by roses and two big tittied, big asses mexican girls next to him.(kinda like the vatos do to the lowriders)... Just dont step on Jesus or the ladies... You understand cabron? I'm not catholic or anything.... I think thatd be the best part about the whole thing.

mmered8299
04-27-2004, 05:02 AM
here's a dumb question.. Why is it a big deal if he walked across it? obviously you were up on the deck of it to be putting your foot on his head?
RD
That is a dumb question, but you live in Parker so I'll try to explain it to you. :D How do I know if this guy (280lbs) is going to jump up and down in the center of the boat? Will he walk around the edge where it is stronger? Will a wave come by causing him to loose his balance. To catch his balance he used the windshield to break his fall, breaking it? Dads boat and my boat have rules. No walking across the deck and no smoking in it! My boat, my rules! :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by mmered8299
My boat, my rules! :yuk:
Yeah, neener neener neener.........:yuk: :p :p :p :p ;)

RiverToysJas
04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by mmered8299
That is a dumb question, but you live in Parker so I'll try to explain it to you. :D How do I know if this guy (280lbs) is going to jump up and down in the center of the boat? Will he walk around the edge where it is stronger? Will a wave come by causing him to loose his balance. To catch his balance he used the windshield to break his fall, breaking it? Dads boat and my boat have rules. No walking across the deck and no smoking in it! My boat, my rules! :yuk:
I assumed this was normal 21' Spectra with the heavy wood backed deck and non-skid finish, designed as a sun deck and plenty strong for a couple of peeps to lay out on or someone to walk on. I agree your boat, your rules, and I'm glad to hear you don't put yourself in those situations anymore.
I want to ask, what made you feel this guy wouldn't respect the boat as he crossed? I only ask because he first stopped and complamented you on the boat, and then polity asked to cross it. You gave first attitude in the story you wrote. I'm not trying to bust your chops, just seems you could have handled it differently too. Explained that it wasn't your boat, and that you didn't feel comfortable with people crossing on on the deck, or asking him to cross through the cock-pit/seating area instead. Just my opinions though. :) I wasn't there, and it wasn't my boat. If you owned a thin or smooth decked boat, I would feel differently about it too. ;)
IMO your situation is different than the original one that started this thread though.
RTJas :D

GASHGAZER
04-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Bottom line, respect is respect... us as "true" hot-boat owners know the unwritten rules.... BUT, throw in a whole lotta chrome beers, some topless hotties (and 2 ugly fatties) and the whole attitude changes. My boat is a '94 and I always get the comment of "wow" looks good for a 10 year old boat... ya I take care of it, but I'm not anal about it... like Riverdave said way back, it's the river. If I am tied up in Copper Canyon, in the center of action, I expect people to walk across, I try to diver them to the swimstep, other wise, I throw down a bunch of towel across the bow, make sure no one steps on the cabin window and just keep a subtle eye on my stuff, and the crew I take helps me out a ton... that make a big difference... a GOOD CREW!! If you take the goober from the office or a courtesy neighbor that doesn't know what's up... it just make your trip that much crappier..... just my 2 cents.

mmered8299
04-27-2004, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I assumed this was normal 21' Spectra with the heavy wood backed deck and non-skid finish, designed as a sun deck and plenty strong for a couple of peeps to lay out on or someone to walk on. I agree your boat, your rules, and I'm glad to hear you don't put yourself in those situations anymore.
I want to ask, what made you feel this guy wouldn't respect the boat as he crossed?
Because I just got done watching the muther ****er walk across five other boats and the owners were pist!
I only ask because he first stopped and complamented you on the boat, and then polity asked to cross it.
He stopped because I got up and stood in his face and said NO!
You gave first attitude in the story you wrote. Your gonna get attitude when you have no respect for other peoples property!
I'm not trying to bust your chops, just seems you could have handled it differently too.
I handled it just fine. No scratches, no broken windshield, and I didn't have to get wet.

mmered8299
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
You know I'm not even going to get into all the shit that I see wrong with your 2 posts.. I.E. reasons that Jason talked about above, heavy layup of a Spectra and a 300lb guy could do jumping jacks on it etc.. etc... I'm just going to say that judging by your 1st post, and this second one.
A. Ya don't know as much as you think you do.
B. Your pretty damn well unfriendly.
I don't think I could live life being angry all the time like that.
RD
RD, you are really dissapointing me. We'll probably meet for the first time on the up and comming OP6C. But I'm starting to wonder? Do you own anthing nice that I can trash. When you see thats its ****ed up, will you understand?

rivercrazy
04-27-2004, 01:10 PM
IMHO - If the person you politely ask not to walk across your bow gets pissed, that's their problem. They didn't pay for the boat! :D :D

mmered8299
Shit to be honest, so long as you had the Big Dog bouies you should've offered to let him side tie it up. That to me is PROPER boating etiquette..
RD
Your not angry here? How bout we both sit down and have a Fatty. Cool.:o

Debbolas
Originally posted by Phat Matt
Last year my dog jumped out of my open bow before I layed a wet towel down. He scratched it. I explained to him that he needed to respect my boat, but he didn't listen because he tried to do it again. I had to cut his legs off and teach him some respect. I also changed his name from "Bud" to "Bob" because that's all he does when I throw him in the water now. :D This is him before I cut off his gel coat scratching talons.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02575.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02635.jpg
You realise YOU WIIL be contacted by PETA.......right?
LOL

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 01:18 PM
You realise YOU WIIL be contacted by PETA.......right?
LOL
PETA smeeta. I'll cut their legs off too! :D
BTW, my dog is spoiled...I have no kids!

Chase
04-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Here is a pic of our boat hound, who has not scratched anything yet...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/332abby_apr_26-med.JPG

Debbolas
04-27-2004, 01:22 PM
PETA smeeta. I'll cut their legs off too! :D
BTW, my dog is spoiled...I have no kids!
I didn't want to mention how spoiled your dog looks.
(mine is the same way, a 98 lb lap Lab...)

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chase
[B]Here is a pic of our boat hound, who has not scratched anything yet...
My dog gets cold at night in the Havasu channel when he's wet and the temp drops down into the upper 70's. We have to wrapped his sorry ass in beach towels. What does your dog do up north? Assuming he can get wet through the ice. :D
Debbolas, go ahead and mention away. It's all true. He's spoiled. :wink:

Chase
04-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Well for one the ice is gone.
And our dog is tough

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Chase
Well for one the ice is gone.
And our dog is tough
:D But can he take the 120 degree heat!

Chase
04-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Yes, like I said SHE is tough, and if she is hot she will stand in the water:rolleyes: :D :D

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes, like I said SHE is tough, and if she is hot she will stand in the water:rolleyes: :D :D
A SHE eh? Maybe we should hook these two up. :D

Chase
04-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Well put it this way, she will be practicing safe sex, since she has been to the doctor already.
Doesn't mean we (I mean they) couldn't meet though

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, he's already been their too so he's a little less of a man. Like I said before, my dog is spoiled, so it would be just for fun. :D

Chase
04-27-2004, 01:48 PM
OK I was just looking at the pic in your signature....I see the hounder, and something in the boat that needs to have a close up posted...:D :D

Phat Matt
04-27-2004, 02:56 PM
OK I was just looking at the pic in your signature....I see the hounder, and something in the boat that needs to have a close up posted...:D :D
Well here you go Chase...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC03039.jpg

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Here is a photo of my spoiled dog (Sonny)
He hasn't had a chance to go in the new boat yet.......
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566my_spoiled_dog.JPG

Chase
04-28-2004, 02:59 PM
Well here you go Chase...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC03039.jpg
Thnaks man, now that I see the picture I recall seeing that one in another thread....looking very nice.....:D :D both of them....I mean the beautiful lady and the dog

dc96819
04-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I wouldent do it,he should of asked or find another place to dock.If i just had it detailed and some one was crawling over the deck i would of said something.If he did it once,next time he might just walk over someone eleses and think its ok.Its just common sense,respect other peoples property.