PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in the channel?

DEEZ NUTTS
04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
We slept in the channel saturday night. The sign in front of us said not to but we did. No hassle or problems and other boats coming and going all night. So what is the deal? The guy who pulled in next to us early sunday morning said we could have been fined. Our group had more fun staying on the water the whole weekend than pulling off everyday like usual. Definatly doing it again.

RiverToysJas
04-26-2004, 09:31 PM
They definately can write you a ticket. I think they let it slide on big weekends because they'd rather you stay there than drive away drunk.
I've slept on the golf course, until the sprinklers came on anyway! ;)
RTJas :D

BoatFloating
04-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
They definately can write you a ticket. I think they let it slide on big weekends because they'd rather you stay there than drive away drunk.
I've slept on the golf course, until the sprinklers came on anyway! ;)
RTJas :D
I would say the other way around on the big weekends they will hassle you more and write a ticket and I heard it's around $300. I talked to the cops on the quads and they say they crack down on Memorial, 4th of July and Labor Day. I've never been hassled on a regular weekend.

RiverToysJas
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
I was going off personal experience on a Memorial Weekend, when literally a couple of dozen boats spent the night in the channel. I was told they would rather have them stay than drive drunk. Perhaps they are currently cracking down, or generating city revenue as the case may be. ;)
RTJas

locogringo
04-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I've had to stay there a few times on guy weekends. Or at least I woke up there in the morning around 5 am wondering why its so peaceful and serene until I see two other buddies passed out alongside me.

BoatFloating
04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I was going off personal experience on a Memorial Weekend, when literally a couple of dozen boats spent the night in the channel. I was told they would rather have them stay than drive drunk. Perhaps they are currently cracking down, or generating city revenue as the case may be. ;)
RTJas
I think last year they started to crack down as I was told. I still have been messed with when we were there past 11pm. You know how the cops are scare you and hope you don't break the law. last year one of the owners of the Condo's in front of Javalena got a ticket for overnight parking.

DEEZ NUTTS
04-26-2004, 10:22 PM
I was thinking if we did get hassled we would just move to the wakeless zone at the south end, tie up and drop anchor. Guess the quad cops couldnt really get to you.
I did like how John and Ponch roll the KZ1000's down the walkway during the day.

DEEZ NUTTS
04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Something else I noticed.
Their is no way to look cool rollin a sitdown jetski through the channel. Really love it when dude takes off his life jacket to make the pass and gets yelled at by the cops and randoms. Jack ass.

Rod-64
04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I don't know if he's still there, but there was a guy who used to patrol the area and he lived in a camper in the pkng lot....he said he was security. Well he got irrate with me and my friend (we were fishing by the bathrooms after 11) who weigh 500 pounds combined an he got out of line about us being there. When we told him the only reason we didn't rip his lungs out cuz it was 3 days before Christmas. He walked away then came back to apologize.

Dave C
04-27-2004, 08:22 AM
wouldn't you rather get a parking ticket than a DUI.....
yes officer I'll take whats behind door #1.

Froggystyle
04-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Seems to me that $300 could be cheaper than a hotel room... Especially if they are all full.

BoatFloating
04-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
wouldn't you rather get a parking ticket than a DUI.....
yes officer I'll take whats behind door #1.
At that time of night I've never seen a cop on the water every.... So I'll take door number 2 ;)

randy77zt
04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
deez nutts-were you in that bayliner anchored in the channel in front of the bridge?i cruised by in a noisy outboard about midnight.

hava life
04-27-2004, 07:00 PM
I know for a fact they will ticket you on 4th of july. I left the boat in the channel after the fireworks, had dinner came back around 11:00 and had the ticket. I think it was $175. When I saw that I just left the boat there overnight.

DEEZ NUTTS
04-27-2004, 08:28 PM
randy77, no, no, no I was standing on the back of my Formula cocktail in hand with the music from Kokomos blaring in the background. We probly watched you roll right by. Several boats fired up and left after Kokomos closed from slips and the channel.