PDA

View Full Version : NWer's

1968Droptop
04-01-2006, 09:14 AM
What a busy last 3 days ! Chaser man had quad pratice on Wed., got home after 7PM. Spent most of Thurs. getting his quad ready for his FIRST real quad race. Then Friday, get new tires on the quad trailer (had a blow out last weekend on our way to Beverly), get loaded up and head out to the races. He did pretty damn good for his 1st race. You get 2 practices in before the racing begins. He was on his second practice run and got hit from the side, flipped the quad over and it landed on top of him. LOT's of tears for a minute or two, but no damage to him (WHEW), or the quad. He got back on it and after a minute of conseling from dad, rode again !!!! WHAT A TROOPER :cool:. When he got back in the pits after his crash, lots of other kids came up to him and asked if he was OK, VERY cool. He was asking mom if she saw his BIG crash as if it was the coolest thing ever :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: . He finished last in both of his heats, but more importantly he had fun !!! All the kids got little plaques for their efforts, man you'd think it's a 10' high trophy the way his face lit up when he got it, again VERY cool. Not too bad for a 4 year old boy riding an LT80 !!! He can't wait to go again.
On a boat note, Tony ordered a 2-piece race prepped G bowl for his boat, should be here mid week. I ordered a full legth ride plate as well (Thanks JIM !!!). Can't wait to install 'em !!! My boat should ride WAAYYY better with a longer ride plate, and Tony's boat...welll you know :yuk: .

1978 Rogers
04-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I had to go to Greenwater to look at a house Friday. I was up there from 2-3. thought about stopping by, but didn't really remember how to get to your place

1968Droptop
04-01-2006, 09:40 AM
thought about stopping by, but didn't really remember how to get to your place
Not surprising :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:, We would of been home, left our house at 2:45 to go racing.

Captain Assin' Off
04-02-2006, 07:58 AM
You've got a cool kid Chris, it helps to have fun dad too. Kids these days don't get out to experience life, like the old days.
You're putting on a ride plate? I have to skin the Kitchen Island today, so when we have a get together here, at least it won't look like Jungle people built this place! We're making an attempt at time managment, so I can get the Blower motor done before Memorial, but we'll see. Speaking of time, it's already mid morning. I better go cut some wood...See you soon! :boxed:

1968Droptop
04-02-2006, 09:26 AM
You've got a cool kid Chris, it helps to have fun dad too. Kids these days don't get out to experience life, like the old days.
You're putting on a ride plate? I have to skin the Kitchen Island today, so when we have a get together here, at least it won't look like Jungle people built this place! We're making an attempt at time managment, so I can get the Blower motor done before Memorial, but we'll see. Speaking of time, it's already mid morning. I better go cut some wood...See you soon! :boxed:
Yeah Chase has got it made. I never had anything near what he's riding when I was young. Just an old mini bike w/a Brigg's 5hp in it, but sure had a LOT of fun with it !
As for the kitchen project and the blower engine. Why not combine the 2 ? Cut up that old counter top to make room for the blower on top of it ? That would be PERFECT, you can work on it IN the house, and what a convo piece it would be :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:.

malcolm
04-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll bet you had at least as much fun as your kid on that old mini bike. All Chaser really wants is to do stuff with you. ;)
You better get some jet boat pics up in here soon or this thread's gonna get moved. :p

1968Droptop
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
You better get some jet boat pics up in here soon or this thread's gonna get moved. :p
Thanks for the hospitality last night Creg. A GREAT dinner, and we had a lot of fun. Your boat sure is in really good shape. And I can't wait to see that Brendella get wet again. We've got to figure out a better air cleaner, hopefully I'll know something about K&N's marine rating tomorrow. That thing will run better with more air and more fuel !
P.S. Does that work mini-moderator :p

Konabud
04-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Anytime! I looked around today for K&N marine and found lots but they're all too tall. I found a couple of others that should work a lot better but I need to get my fuel pump first to see what I need for venting on the arrestor (if any) and then try to get some airflow specs on them.
Livorsi (http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/flame_arrestors.htm#STANDARD_FLAME_ARRESTORS)
Trick Marine (http://www.trickmarine.net/productdetail.cfm?productid=540)

1968Droptop
04-02-2006, 03:36 PM
and then try to get some airflow specs on them.
Livorsi (http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/flame_arrestors.htm#STANDARD_FLAME_ARRESTORS)
Trick Marine (http://www.trickmarine.net/productdetail.cfm?productid=540)
Both of those look very similar to what you currently have. I wonder if they do indeed flow more than a stock sparky ? I'm intersted in what you find out.

malcolm
04-02-2006, 06:13 PM
P.S. Does that work mini-moderator :p
Must have, it's still here. :boxed:

Gayleen
04-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Your kitchen does not look like jungle people build it, maybe shop people. The industrial grill in the island and stainless counter tops, very cool.

Tahiti350
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
I've got a K&N velocity stack/filter comba that's got the Coast Guard approval on it. Not sure of flow rating, but seems to work for my set-up....

Konabud
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I've got a K&N velocity stack/filter comba that's got the Coast Guard approval on it. Not sure of flow rating, but seems to work for my set-up....
I have space issues, got to fit under the lid :cry: Oh well I'll find something after I know what I need for venting on the new fuel pump. Mine seems to work well too but Droptop is telling me that my flame arrestor only flows about 500 CFM. So if I can get more power by getting more air, we'll find something that will do the job!

1968Droptop
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
The last Hot Boat issue talked about the metal spark arrestor/air filters. They said they barely flow 500 cfm, no matter what size your carb is. They also said the vacuum secondaries rarely open in a boat application, unless you have the lightest spring possible on the secondaries. I think they were talking directly about MY boat, as I have BOTH of these things that hinder power. I will be making adjustments before it gets wet. Looking forward to finding out what the boat does. Her's what I've have, or will in the next weeks, changed:
removed my baffles
removed the air cleaner completely
added a 7* wedge
added a much longer ride plate
changed the vacuum secondary spring out for lighter one
add an in-line water filter
I'm also hoping to get the pair of dove heads on my boat before the 1st trip out. That alone will bump up my compression a TON<<< more power :crossx:

malcolm
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
What heads you running now Chris? D3s?

Tahiti350
04-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Chris,
I traded away a complete original DOVE 460 (rebuildable core) in May of last year. Figures someone needs it now...

1968Droptop
04-04-2006, 02:43 PM
What heads you running now Chris? D3s?
I believe that's what they are Malcolm. Oh well Gary, there's still seems to be a fair amount out there. Problem is do you spend the money to port n polish them, or just go ahead and buy a pair of Aluminum heads right off the bat ? Mine are borrowed, so it's much cheaper for me :rollside: .

malcolm
04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
I saw a post in an engine forum a short time ago where a guy took a set of iron heads and did everything he could think of to make them go. He added up what he had in them and he was well within striking distance of a pair of aluminums. Guys posted up and argued the point a little, but only guys that did most of their own work could really save any money with the irons.

1968Droptop
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Guys posted up and argued the point a little, but only guys that did most of their own work could really save any money with the irons.
Exactly. Edlebrock heads are designed after the SCJ heads, they flow great right outta the box. And you get to raise your comp ratio. It's the only way to go if your spending all the money to get iron one's right.

Konabud
04-05-2006, 04:17 PM
I saw a post in an engine forum a short time ago where a guy took a set of iron heads and did everything he could think of to make them go. He added up what he had in them and he was well within striking distance of a pair of aluminums.
Is this the same guy who also had cracking in the first set do to someone grinding them too thin?

malcolm
04-05-2006, 06:35 PM
No, actually it was on my Olds board. ;)

Konabud
04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
There was a similar thread here not too long ago that came up with pretty much the same conclusion.

malcolm
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I do my own heads though, so I'm excused. :p

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I do my own heads though, :p
You've got more talent than I thought Malcolm :sqeyes:

1978 Rogers
04-06-2006, 02:00 PM
You've got more talent than I thought Malcolm :sqeyes:
He doesn't really let it show does he? :D :D :D

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 02:02 PM
He doesn't really let it show does he? :D :D :D
He must be more flexible than he looks :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

1978 Rogers
04-06-2006, 02:05 PM
He must be more flexible than he looks :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
My mind must be in the gutter, because when I read that a HORRIBLE PICTURE popped into my mind. You are frigging sick. :cry:

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
My mind must be in the gutter, because when I read that a HORRIBLE PICTURE popped into my mind. You are frigging sick. :cry:
Yes your mind is in the gutter, it's right next to mine :rolleyes:

1978 Rogers
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Yes your mind is in the gutter, it's right next to mine :rolleyes:
I need to go home and make a drink.

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I need to go home and make a drink.
I've got a 1/2 gallon if your REAL thirsty................
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

1978 Rogers
04-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I've got a 1/2 gallon if your REAL thirsty................
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:
no no no, I have to work tomorrow.
How about weather? You got your shoe on yet? Gonna be ready to hit the water soon?

malcolm
04-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I'd expect it from "The Claw", but not from you Chris! :rolleyes:
Or Maybe I should expect it from you and not Droptop? :boxed:
And for the record I said "headS ". :skull:

jrork
04-06-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not even get in on this post. Maybe I'll start a new thread

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 06:08 PM
How about weather? You got your shoe on yet? Gonna be ready to hit the water soon?
Yeah the weather is getting the boat juices flowing more by the day. I'm not installing a shoe, I'm installing a ride plate. I can't wait to hit the water !!! I'm most likely going to steal Tony's loader grate, as he's going to need a better one to help fill the AA he's purchased. I have nothing but a stock rock grate right now, his should help me out quite a bit.
Hey Malcolm, expect shot's from me as well. One of the things I'm really good at. BTW, I did see the s after heads, but reading it I had to laugh :rolleyes: .

1968Droptop
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm not even get in on this post. Maybe I'll start a new thread
A wise man I say.

Captain Assin' Off
04-06-2006, 07:02 PM
No, Not on my Wife, I took my boat out on the Snohomish yesterday, all by my self, no one was on the river, had the whole thing to myself! The boat is running well, faster than last year, didn't have a GPS, but we'll see if it's fact or feeling. I even took off my shirt, it was NICE!. The season is UPON US! :skull:

1978 Rogers
04-06-2006, 07:06 PM
No, Not on my Wife, I took my boat out on the Snohomish yesterday, all by my self, no one was on the river, had the whole thing to myself! The boat is running well, faster than last year, didn't have a GPS, but we'll see if it's fact or feeling. I even took off my shirt, it was NICE!. The season is UPON US! :skull:
Oh, I so envy you. Right on. I mowed the lawn yesterday. :cry:

malcolm
04-06-2006, 07:44 PM
So Matt, how did the river survive the winter? Any new logs we gotta watch out for?

Gayleen
04-07-2006, 09:15 AM
The river looked beautiful this morning. A slight fog on the surface. The water so flat it looked more like a mirror. Summer is too far away.