PDA

View Full Version : the LAST word (please) on "bow crossing etiquette"

91nordic29
04-27-2004, 08:05 AM
You tie your boat at the end of a dock. As you walk down the beach,you turn to see a larger boat to the out side of yours,with two people hanging on to your boat, then the third guy crawls across the bow of your boat to get to the dock. as you approach your boat ,the guy returns and crawls across the bow once again to return to his boat. The question is, Is this out of line?? Or is this acceptable in some places??
PS--
The were plenty of empty slips available:D

Aqua Boogie1
04-27-2004, 08:13 AM
I would say somewhat acceptable, only if he is respecting your pride and joy.........

91nordic29
04-27-2004, 08:25 AM
there were other slips available, that is half the point.:)

phebus
04-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Maybe the guy is crawling because someone broke his legs the last time he walked on their bow. :D

unleashed
04-27-2004, 08:32 AM
If theres slips available there is no reason for them to be climbing on your boat.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

unleashed
04-27-2004, 08:47 AM
I agree also that it is ok to walk accross the bow of my boat as long as you are respectful. I know over spring break I got stuck in copper canyon and many people had to cross my deck to get around. So as long as they were careful I was cool with it. Unfotunatly 3 people slipped on the deck several times. One time this dude fell so hard he busted his nose and blood was all over my deck. Obviously I helped the guy off and sent him on his merry way with a towel. Anyhow its really not that big a deal as long as people are careful.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

NorCalCat
04-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
You tie your boat at the end of a dock. As you walk down the beach,you turn to see a larger boat to the out side of yours,with two people hanging on to your boat, then the third guy crawls across the bow of your boat to get to the dock. as you approach your boat ,the guy returns and crawls across the bow once again to return to his boat. The question is, Is this out of line?? Or is this acceptable in some places??
PS--
The were plenty of empty slips available:D
Out of line! You NEVER, NEVER trespass on another man's boat. That is the best way to get your ass kicked. I have seen more fights break out between this behavior and the good ole launch ramp.
I am not even going to discuss the fact that there were slips available, however, you circle to find someone that you can ask if they mind you boarding their boat.
At the least.
Sorry all, this is a big no no! :mad: :mad:

OGShocker
04-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Sometimes, some places NO SHOES! No problem!

NorCalCat
04-27-2004, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by unleashed
[B]I agree also that it is ok to walk accross the bow of my boat as long as you are respectful. I know over spring break I got stuck in copper canyon and many people had to cross my deck to get around. So as long as they were careful I was cool with it. Unfotunatly 3 people slipped on the deck several times. One time this dude fell so hard he busted his nose and blood was all over my deck. Obviously I helped the guy off and sent him on his merry way with a towel. Anyhow its really not that big a deal as long as people are careful.
Deano
If you put yourself in a position like that, you really can't get mad. Be respectful!
I would have paid to see that dude bust his nose open if you were at the docks and he boarded you boat.

Jbb
04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Ok....Were taking it up a notch.....If anyone...for any reason,so much as touches my gelcoat....RD gets kicked in the junk....!..:D

superdave013
04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
My schiada is the first boat that I've ever owned that anyone could walk on the deck. And that's only due to the non skid deck. I would still rather no one get on it though. That's just me. My flat was super thin and had a Dick Vale paint job. People would try to get on the deck still.
I say if you get in / on my boat with out asking me I just might punch your face! But if you do ask and show some respect I'll let ya cross.

Boozer
04-27-2004, 09:08 AM
As long as someone does not have shoes on I have no problem with them crossing my bow. Whether its my 20k Bayliner or I have a 125k DCB it really wouldnt matter to me. I would appreciate it if they ask first but even if they didnt I would not flip out. As long as their respectful and NOT wearing shoes they can cross.
Nothing pisses me off more then people trying to get into the boat with shoes on. My family tends to be the biggest offender of this rule and I have to had to put the smack down on several occassions.

jackpunx
04-27-2004, 09:08 AM
wow.. there is a lot of last words on this subject..:D

LakeRacer
04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I'd definatley agree with that.. If there isn't though, I don't think I'd care if someone walked across the deck barefoot. That was all I was trying to say in the other thread.
RD
LMAO RiverDave!!!
Three sentences above could have saved us all from the other thread! :D :D :D I'm with you on this one.:cool:

NorCalCat
04-27-2004, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Boozer
[B] I would appreciate it if they ask first but even if they didnt I would not flip out. As long as their respectful and NOT wearing shoes they can cross.
Then you get the shmuks that board you boat with sand on their feet. PRICKS!
Why? Because they are idiots!

AdrenelineOD
04-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I don`t walk on the bow of my boat. I think if someone decided to step on it (honestly) I would just say "who the **** do you think you are" and leave it at that. They still could be cool people that don`t think well.

NorCalCat
04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I don`t walk on the bow of my boat. I think if someone decided to step on it (honestly) I would just say "who the **** do you think you are" and leave it at that. They still could be cool people that don`t think well.
Ya, but they would think again before doing it!

jackpunx
04-27-2004, 09:21 AM
What are yours.. :D
RD
LOL.. ok I'll take my last word..
Its more about the person then what they want to do.. If someone wants to check my boat out.. or walk across it or is even hanging with me.. Some of them don’t have the boat experience that we would like them to have.. But it doesn’t make them disrespectful.. So in that case.. I give them a pass.. If someone comes at me sideways.. With the "you owe me a favor" or "don’t tread on me" attitude.. They can swim.. I got NO room on or near my boat for them.. I love my boat and have a lot of money tied up in it.. But I like to use my boat.. All the scratches can be fixed.. I’m out to have a good time.. I’m on vacation... not looking for a reason to get into a fight.. Luckily I have surrounded myself with a great group of friends.. We look out for each other and I think we all have the same views.. As a result of that.. I’m all about stress free weekends on the water.. But don’t mistake niceness for weakness.. Because if your a dick.. If not me.. Someone in my crew will send you away looking and feeling like a bitch...:D

superdave013
04-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
Whether its my 20k Bayliner or I have a 125k DCB it really wouldnt matter to me.
If you ever get that 125K DCB then you can say how you would feel. It might just be a little different.
I build my shit myself and I don't want to see anyone climbing on it. It's more about the pride then the money.

Infomaniac
04-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Bow crossing toll = 1 cold beer.

NorCalCat
04-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Infomaniac
DONE!:D

Chase
04-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Obviously depends on more circumstances then what's posted I guess.. In the original story it wasn't posted that there was other slips available. I assumed there wasn't (after all why would someone do that if there wasn't?)
RD
RD hit the nail right on the head with the word "depends". I think there should be a few more categories to be able to vote on, since it does depend on so many things as to whether this is acceptable or not.....
Definitely a controversial issue...:confused:

phebus
04-27-2004, 09:31 AM
O.K. I'll toss you a 6 pack, and go off like some River Dance dude. Somebody start that Irish Jig music. :D

beer hunter
I probably wouldn't mind if they asked first and didn't push off afterwards with a rake. ;) :D

Chase
Originally posted by OGShocker
Sometimes, some places NO SHOES! No problem!
OG, you can walk on my bow if I can walk on yours when you come up....I will be going back and forth to my boat to grab beer :D :D

Tom Brown
04-27-2004, 09:42 AM
It's only OK if you're really, really drunk because then you are not responsible for your actions.

RexRathburn
04-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Depends on the situation.
Back in the day when Copper Canyon was going off I saw some pretty good boxing matches over this subject. In that situation I gave people the green light. That was the only way to get to the houseboats for the wet t-shirt contests!
As for the original example (for this thread), with open slips...not OK.

AdrenelineOD
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Can`t we all just tie our bow`s together in a big circle and play musical boats.:D

Screaming Pete
04-27-2004, 10:10 AM
The problem I would have is I have a light layup and that includes the top of the boat and I don't even ever go thier or the family. So how does another person know that Well they don't. So I would hope that know one uses my rig as a go-between I know I would jump in the water before going across someones boat:confused:

phebus
04-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
It's only OK if you're really, really drunk because then you are not responsible for your actions.
Oh no!! More warning stickers!

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Or one good groping of the female passengers.........;)

91nordic29
04-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Or one good groping of the female passengers.........;)
we get to grope YOU as you cross!!!:D :wink:

beer hunter
04-27-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm starting to warm up to this whole bow crossing thing. :D

JetBoatRich
04-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
LOL, that works out:D
I don't understnd when slips are available you would grab onto someone else's boat that you don't know and climb across their boat:mad:
There is a lot of varibles, type of boat it was did they say thank you, etc?:confused:

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Cool.........

91nordic29
04-27-2004, 11:39 AM
There is a lot of varibles, type of boat it was did they say thank you, etc?
26' closed bow carrera elite

fourspeednup
04-27-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking the bow crossing would be out of line in this case, but not something worth getting your panties in a bunch:cool:
Note to self:
Don't walk across 91nordic29's bow when i visit pleasant unless I feel like going for a swim;)

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
I'm thinking the bow crossing would be out of line in this case, but not something worth getting your panties in a bunch:cool:
Note to self:
Don't walk across 91nordic29's bow when i visit pleasant unless I feel like going for a swim;)
And being held down by a large foot........;) Damn Vikings!!!!!!!! LOL......................:D :D :D :D

Tom Brown
04-27-2004, 11:53 AM
I think you 'depends' types are full of shit, ironically enough. :D
... so it's OK to use someone else's property if it not doing so would be inconvenient? Seriously, if you're going to do I would think you're going to get in the odd fight.
I suppose it's OK to go into a stranger's house and use their washroom if you have to go really, really bad?

91nordic29
04-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Note to self:
wear a thong, pre - bunched panties (teeeheeeheee)
actually the occasion probably wouldnt arise where you would have to and i certainly wont be trying to chase you down!:D i busted my booty on that thing once and that was all it took!:D :cool:
ps--are we gonna get to see you before you go back to CA? we are going out to pleasant this saturday:):cool:

jackpunx
04-27-2004, 12:09 PM
OK.. just one more last word... ..
just kidding.. :D

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, I guess you could say this is a landslide......
76% vs 24%
By any democratic standard a clear winner......:p

jbtrailerjim
04-27-2004, 12:17 PM
My feeling's are it's ok if.....They have permission, they don't have shoes on, or sand on there feet. If I'm not at my boat they don't have permission to board my boat. It's called respect for someone else's property. But I will say if I saw someone do it I would not get into a big hassle over it as long as they did it carefully.

fourspeednup
04-27-2004, 12:49 PM
wear a thong, pre - bunched panties (teeeheeeheee)
actually the occasion probably wouldnt arise where you would have to and i certainly wont be trying to chase you down!:D i busted my booty on that thing once and that was all it took!:D :cool:
ps--are we gonna get to see you before you go back to CA? we are going out to pleasant this saturday:):cool:
Me in a thong? That only happened once but it was an isolated incident(I swear):D
There's a good chance I'll make it out sometime in the next 2 weeks or so--Finals are here and I'm going a bit insane:yuk:

Debbolas
04-27-2004, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by unleashed
[B]I agree also that it is ok to walk accross the bow of my boat as long as you are respectful. I know over spring break I got stuck in copper canyon and many people had to cross my deck to get around. So as long as they were careful I was cool with it. Unfotunatly 3 people slipped on the deck several times. One time this dude fell so hard he busted his nose and blood was all over my deck. Obviously I helped the guy off and sent him on his merry way with a towel. Anyhow its really not that big a deal as long as people are careful.
Deano
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't ya hate that! When people bleed all over your boat?!
(jk)
I am more curious now to find out why they held onto the boat, instead of the dock? Did they hit your boat? Why aim for a boat when you have the whole dock?
Ya know, all this could be prevented if you all had open bows....It's just too much trouble to step up and down and up and if there are people (or vicious dogs) that is another deterant!
problem solved....
:D

mmered8299
04-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we will be givin away coolers this year. Firgured we'd let you in on the catagorys We'll anounce the judges later to avoid any premature ass kissing
MS OP6C
Best Sound System
Sandbar Gizmo
Best Boat under 23’
Best Boat over 23'
Best Party Crew
One who ran the farthest across our boats until he got his ass kicked:p

carreraelite
04-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Just to clear a few things up.
My boat:23.5 Carrera Classic
There boat: Something along the lines of a 38 Hustler
They were facing the opposet direction of my boat.
If they had been facing the same direction, they could have used the swin deck on the back of my boat, instead of the deck.
There were two guys holding on to my boat as the other exited and entered .
There were other slips open.
There were no harsh words exchanged,just a WTF is going on.
I wasn't pissed, just a little confused as to why they would do that and why they thought it was acceptable.