PDA

View Full Version : Buddy crashes on way to Laughlin River Run

clownpuncher
04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
One of my boys crashed hard last week. He's messed up pretty good. So far he's getting better by the day. Busted ribs, road rash, punctured lungs, broken bones. 2 days in the hospital.
He says he was riding solo on the 95 on his way to hook up with some friends in Laughlin. 100% sober, and for some unknown reason he decided to keep his skid lid on.
Last thing he remembers is being able to see the Colorado Belle.
Next thing he know's he's waking up at a hospital in Vegas.
He doesn't even know if there were any witnesses to tell him what happened. Hasn't got a clue what happened.
Might be the end of his riding days. He has an eight year old girl and the thought of not seeing her again is enough to quit anything.
I'm posting this in the hopes that someone might have seen him or maybe has heard about what happened. At least it'll give him some closure. ( I hate that word, "closure")

hd&boatrider
04-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry about your friend. I hope he makes a full recovery and gets back on the bike again.

Dr. Eagle
04-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Dude, that sucks.......
I wonder if there is something else going on there... a medical condition? Or he may have just had a memory lapse from the trauma. Anyway, I am sorry to hear about that.

roostwear
04-27-2004, 10:39 AM
What day, what time, where on 95?

boxscore
04-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, partner. Here's to a full recovery.

clownpuncher
04-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by roostwear
What day, what time, where on 95?
Not sure exactly where on the 95. He does remember being able to see the Belle. After that it was lights out. DOn't know the exact time either.
It happened on Friday and from I'm gathering it was THE only crash on Friday on the Arizona 95
There aren't any pre-existing medical conditions that would have caused a blackout. My bet is his loss of memory is due to trauma. Happens all the time in these cases.

clownpuncher
04-27-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by boxscore
Sorry to hear that, partner. Here's to a full recovery.
Thanks Boxscore. Oddly enough, this guy is responsible for the water you drink at home. He's got a great, mean, positve attitude and I'm sure he'll pull through. Maybe without his Harley though.

Kilrtoy
04-27-2004, 01:31 PM
His name isnt Jamie is it......
Sounds like my buddy and now I can't get ahold of anyone and he was riding solo...

ROZ
04-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
My bet is his loss of memory is due to trauma. Happens all the time in these cases. The Hippocampus like the cortex is laterallized. The left side retains verbal information and the right retains visual designs and locations. It acts as a temporary storage and playback system. It helps the brain by reactivating the neurons that fired when we experienced an event(long term).
Damn, did I say that? :D
EDIT: I hope your buddy has a full recovery:)

Scream
04-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
The Hippocampus like the cortex is laterallized. The left side retains verbal information and the right retains visual designs and locations. It acts as a temporary storage and playback system. It helps the brain by reactivating the neurons that fired when we experienced an event(long term).
You musta stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Clownpuncher, sorry to hear about your friend, I hope he recovers soon. What rotten luck.

hd&boatrider
04-27-2004, 03:28 PM
We were sitting on the outside patio at Mad Dogs on Thursday and a biker ran smack into a car on the 95. You can't see the Co Belle from there though. The guy was down for a long time and they had to take him away. Not a good way to start/finish any trip. Could that have been him?

Flying Tiger
04-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Does he have the 88 motor?
Some talk the cam chain/cam bearings puke jamming the engine, throwing the rider.
This info from a few 81's I know.

clownpuncher
04-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
We were sitting on the outside patio at Mad Dogs on Thursday and a biker ran smack into a car on the 95. You can't see the Co Belle from there though. The guy was down for a long time and they had to take him away. Not a good way to start/finish any trip. Could that have been him?
I don't know. The only thing I do know is the "last thing" he remembers is seeing the Belle. He seems to be doing fairly well now.
Klrtoy, no his name is Mike. Glad it wasn't your buddy.
ROZ, I gotta admit, I'm impressed.
Flying Tiger. He has (used to have) a newer bike. 2000 or so.
Thanks everyone for your condolences.
For all y'all riders out there.............Be careful brutha

JetBoatRich
04-28-2004, 04:41 AM
Sorry to read about his accident.
May his recovery come quickly.

MagicMtnDan
04-28-2004, 05:15 AM
Hope he has a speedy recovery. How did he get to the hospital? What can the folks that scraped him up and brought him in tell him about the accident scene? What's the condition of his bike? Any police report? Those'll all help him put the pieces back together (no pun intended).

Rubths
04-28-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
The Hippocampus like the cortex is laterallized. The left side retains verbal information and the right retains visual designs and locations. It acts as a temporary storage and playback system. It helps the brain by reactivating the neurons that fired when we experienced an event(long term).
EDIT: I hope your buddy has a full recovery:)
God damn I had you all wrong:p the whole time im buying stereo shit from you and have the key to life. Hey Doc can you tell me why I havent been able to get the wife prego?;)

Mrs. Restless22
04-28-2004, 05:44 AM
:( This is sad....Im so sorry. My Mom,Dad and Hubby all ride and Im always scared when they leave for a ride. You just never know...
Thoughts & Prayers go out to him and his family from me and the Mr.

clownpuncher
04-28-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Flying Tiger. He has (used to have) a newer bike. 2000 or so.
Nevermind that last post. I had a brain fart and and thought you were referring to the year. Long day. It wasn't until after a few hours of sleep and re-reading my post did I realize what I did.
BTW, yes, it's an 88.

DickDanger
04-28-2004, 06:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your buddy. I do a lot of riding (I have an Indian) and you always hear, its not a matter of if you crash, its a matter of when. Luckily for him he survived, and from what you have said, it sounds like he will make a good recovery. Tell him that the hotel prices for the River Run are too expensive anyways....lol. J/K. -DD Out

shadow
04-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your partner and hope he makes a full recovery.From what I understand the twin cam problems will cause the engine to fail but not lock up.this is what I've got so i inquried about this.Don't know100% because it hasn't happened to me.We rode out to Laughlin thursday night and back about midnight and I was lookin out for coyotees running in the road in front of me.Maybe he had to swerve? Best wishes for a speedy recoverey.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-28-2004, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your buddy, but at least he is still around. I'm sure he will make a fast recovery and enjoy the rest of his life watching his daughter grow up.. our thoughts and prayers are with him,his family and you for a speedy recovery. ;)

GrapeApe
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rubths
God damn I had you all wrong:p the whole time im buying stereo shit from you and have the key to life. Hey Doc can you tell me why I havent been able to get the wife prego?;)
Thats easy Rubths... Take it out of her A**!!!!!
Clownpuncher... I am praying for your friends quick recovery.....
*** Grape Ape ***

Seadog
04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
I've had it happen a couple of times where some pinhead dripped oil on the pavement. It only take a spot smaller than your hand to do it. You hit hard and fast, and even if you don't get any injuries, you have no idea of what happened. On a hot day, you cannot see the spot and have no anticipation of what is going to happen.

Phat Matt
04-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
Are you having trouble finding spaghetti sauce? :D

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Seadog
I've had it happen a couple of times where some pinhead dripped oil on the pavement. It only take a spot smaller than your hand to do it. You hit hard and fast, and even if you don't get any injuries, you have no idea of what happened. On a hot day, you cannot see the spot and have no anticipation of what is going to happen.
or sand, or gravel. . . . not fun to ride over.....:(

Flying Tiger
04-28-2004, 03:04 PM
My friend Steve Hernandez rear ended a vehicle at Laughlin.
He's in a coma, his wife with a broken back.