PDA

View Full Version : Craving Dual-jet Drive Info

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
04-27-2004, 02:32 PM
READING THAT THREAD ABOUT LARGE JET DRIVEN CUDDIES, AND THE LIKE, MAKES ME ASK AGAIN! ANY NEW NEWS ON THE DUAL JET DRIVES? DIFFERENT BOATS TESTED? ARE YOU GOING TO TEST ONE IN THE NEW KACHINAS(SP)?
WHEN I EVENTUALLY HAND OVER MY JET TO MY SON, I'LL NEED A BIGGER TOY...BILL.

HotRod Sprint
04-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Bill, you might try PMing Froggystyle. He works for Trident boats and they are going to be using one in a new deck boat. Not sure why we haven't heard any more from Pop's One on these yet.
Rod

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
05-01-2004, 02:31 PM
thanks rod, i'll do that. it's interesting...last year i asked this question and there were threads for days!!?...bill.

Sleek-Jet
05-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
He works for Trident boats ...
To put it mildly. :D
I'm interested also, if you find anything out let us know.

Froggystyle
05-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
To put it mildly. :D
I'm interested also, if you find anything out let us know.
Hi guys...
We are taking delivery of boat #1's Dual Drive unit this week actually. Very, very beefy piece of gear. We are using the 1000hp rated one for every boat we build.
There is a lot of behind the scenes engineering that is going into these units that is just not apparent to the public at this point. Dual Drive, and Gear Manufacturing has created this "Punisher" that is an active stress tester for the units. They have put a pile of horsepower and stress on these things and really dialed in the process for building them to be non-problematic. It is one of the many killer associations we are dealing with while building the new Trident.
As for commercial availability, they are around. There are a handful right now out there in boats large and small, and testing with great results. Good top end, phenomenal holeshot and excellent manners. We are looking forward to getting this one installed in Revolution #1 in early June for sea trials. I will be happy to give anyone interested in the unit a test drive. I am sure it will peel your eyeballs back with accelleration as light as our boat is.
I am going to forward this thread to Gary at GMI and get his response out here too. It is really going to be a great product.
Thanks for the interest guys. I am sending you a response to the e-mail today Boston.
Squirts up!

pops1
05-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
Bill, you might try PMing Froggystyle. He works for Trident boats and they are going to be using one in a new deck boat. Not sure why we haven't heard any more from Pop's One on these yet.
Rod We will be testing again shortly, putting more keel to the hull. When delta was added- We ended up with a keel rock that allows the front to bow steer & adds fear to your life getting out of the throttle.
keep you informed.
PS- Picked up a primo 76 Day Cruiser (Eliminator) to leave @ the river. Had a bad bearing, so we pulled the pump and as you would know "we could not leave the berkeley in so we sent a Aggressor Pump to get a custom candy color & install in place of. Well we can't have a hand hole inside so we made a master of the keel. Made a cast set back insert to install forward of the new intake (to match fill the set back hole, only minor fill required to blend). When we are complete and tested we will release to our dealers the set back casting for those in the need. Its makes a clean, and a simple installation. No Glass work or BS. Dave

jetfan
05-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure who the last person "Dave" is, but I know for a fact that Gary Smith of GMI/Dual Drives owns the patent for a Dual Drive Jet system. If you want any info on a Dual Drive, contact Gary Smith at GMI since he is the person with the knowledge of the system. I've driven a few of those boats, and I can tell you from personal experience that it works great. Again, call Gary at GMI to get the info. Jetfan.

Jet Hydro
05-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey Dave, maybe we need to try an Aggressor Dual Jet Drive in the Hydro?????? That might open some eyes?????

Jet Hydro
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
"set back insert " whata an IDEA ;)
I was thinking of that about 2 years ago but kept my mouth shut because I just knew no one would want to try one ;)
I was thinking of casting an intake with the extra material molded to the front of the intake so you wouldnt have to glass the hole left by the set back.
Set back made Simple!

Hallett19
05-06-2004, 09:44 AM
I rode in a dual jet 21 footer at op6 about a year ago. The boat had a supercharged 454 and was a heavy boat. That boat pulled out of the water SOOOOOOOOOOO hard !!!!! I would feel bad for a skier behind that boat, I think you would have only arms attached to the rope and the rest of the body where he was when you hit the gas, yeah, its gnarley !