PDA

View Full Version : HotHallet's Boat Hits Water!

HotHallet
04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
That's right folks. After many months of hard work I finally got her wet last Sunday at Elsinore. It runs really hard and when you plant the pedal she definitely goes. Special thanks goes out to Hackjob and Flatbroke for all their hard work. They gave up a lot of their free time to help me out and I really appreciate it! It was too choppy to get any #'s but I hope to get back out next weekend in the early am to make some passes. It was an entirely different boat with the droop, shoe and ride plate, and AB impeller and almost 200 more hp than the old motor. I have a few loose ends to tie up but all in all she is done for the summer. What a great feeling. The only thing that is going to suck is the fuel. Almost 50 bucks to fill up and I have a tunnel ram now with two 600's. Ouch. Oh well that's performance boating. Can't wait to hit the river. I will get some pics up soon.

Hustler
04-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Way to go Travis, sounds like you'll be having a good summer. Now post some damn pic's!!! I know you have a camera and I know you took pic's:D

tool 'n' jet
04-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Maybe now you'll get your ass out to the house bitch...

bordsmnj
04-27-2004, 07:08 PM
:D :p ;) :cool: :D

FunOnTheWater
04-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Gas may FLOW a little faster now:D more HP and more gas:eek!:
Have fun and put some dam pictures up;)

revndave
04-28-2004, 06:15 AM
THE BOAT LOOKED GREAT.HOW DID IT RUN?NOW IM BOATLESS.SOLD ELIMINATOR LAST NIGHT.hEY JAY

hack job
04-28-2004, 07:54 AM
thank god its finally done lol. :p
glad to see there were no problems , you have to put up all the pics you took with my hand in them lol:D

HotHallet
04-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I have to take some good pics and get them up. I need help though. I'm illiterate when it comes to this putting up pics stuff. Hey Revndave. I'll put some pics up for ya seeing as you were too good to cruise over on Sunday at Elsinore and get a close up look! Just kidding. Thanks again to Ty and Chris for all their help. I'm hoping to hit some flat water this coming weekend and get some GPS #'s.

hack job
04-28-2004, 09:17 AM
if you want flat water you better be there around 6am;)

ssmike
04-28-2004, 09:48 AM
Travis,
Congrats! Way to go. Lets see some pics.....

flat broke
04-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by hack job
if you want flat water you better be there around 6am;)
Or just go to the river ;)
I wan't some damn GPS numbers Trav!!!!! Once you get some smooth water, hammer the shit out of it. Then pull some shims out of the ride plate, try and fly it a little more and get some more MPH!!!!. You're gonna have to work awfully hard to avoid the "all show, no go" comments as nice as the boat looks.
Chris

HotHallet
04-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks Chris! Test and Tune here I come. I'm hoping to hit Elsinore this weekend early but the problem is getting someone to go who is willing to get up that early on a Sat. or Sun. I'll get there. I am just as happy as a pig in shit that i got to drive my boat again although I am super anxious to see how fast she goes. Mike said something about San Diego and a lake down by Jessa's that is smooth as can be all day long. Might be worth the two hour drive!

hack job
04-28-2004, 02:49 PM
we would go with you but we are heading to the river to drop off the trailer and check out big river. and lay some sod i guess;)

Hustler
04-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Ty, where are you guys going to store the trailer at?

wrightnow
04-28-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Ty, where are you guys going to store the trailer at?
Joe, There putting the trailer at big river RV storage, It's 20$ a month for outside gated storage.
Ty, You dont have to help with the sod, but then I dont have to give you guys a ride home...lol
Mark

cyclone
04-28-2004, 03:24 PM
laying sod? dont bring your gay act up in here, Mark!:D

hack job
04-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
Joe, There putting the trailer at big river RV storage, It's 20$ a month for outside gated storage.
Ty, You dont have to help with the sod, but then I dont have to give you guys a ride home...lol
Mark well i figured my presance would be enough for you.
;) :D

HBjet
04-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by wrightnow
Or you can just find some sucker to let you store your trailer next to there house. Its gated, outside, and they even have a guard dog. Then, if your lucky, they will fix up the damn thing for you for nothing.... $20 bucks a month sounds a little steep.... :D
Travis, congrats..... now buy a digital camera and post some photos!
HBjet

XClutchboy725
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats....
I want a ride!

hack job
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
Or you can just find some sucker to let you store your trailer next to there house. Its gated, outside, and they even have a guard dog. Then, if your lucky, they will fix up the damn thing for you for nothing.... $20 bucks a month sounds a little steep.... :D
HBjet
buy a camera :confused: he has like three or so, i know of alteast two. lol ;)
he has pics he is just being lazy:p

cyclone
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
HBjet
:D :eek: :eek:

SPECTRABRENT
04-28-2004, 07:27 PM
I just got my new Truckin and it has part 2 of HotHallets 501 rebuild. Good article for Ford guys.
Is there going to be a part 3 with pictures of the boat?
Brent

flat broke
04-29-2004, 06:45 AM
I "think" that part 3 will be the plumbing article. Lotsa spam for Earls type o' deal :D
Maybe there will be a 4rth article for the wrap up/entire completed boat? But that would require some pics on the water, and none of us have seen any of those yet :rolleyes: :D :D
Get us some damn pics Trav!
Chris

HotHallet
04-29-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm working on it! Work has been so crazy the last few weeks that I have only had time to finish the boat and get on the water. When I am at work it is full throttle business. Atleast this is the way it has been lately. I'll take some pics this weekend and get them up as soon as possible. Thanks for all the props guys!

HotHallet
04-30-2004, 08:24 AM
If anyone is willing to get up super early on Sat or Sun to hold onto the gps and deal with my trailer let me know. I want to hit Elsinore early to get flat water!! My number is 310-344-2555.