PDA

View Full Version : There goes another one.....

Mandelon
04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Venting begin:
I just had to turn down the third job this month due to insurance. Or should I say lack of insurance.
We run a smallish construction/remodeling/mold remediation business and have been unable to find an insurance company will to write us a liability policy that includes HomeOwners Associations.
We've never had a liability claim. Never had a liabililty lawsuit or even a complaint. We are usually the people they turn to, to clean up after other contractors screw things up.
The insurance companies are scared of HOA lawsuits and just won't write those policies anymore......F insurance and F lawyers...(and F crappy contractors too)
If you know of some company let me know please.
Venting concluded, please continue on with your day.
:mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D

Dr. Eagle
04-28-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Venting begin:
Venting concluded, please continue on with your day.
:mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: :D
Thanks for your permission. I am glad you can turn it on and off............
Yust Lika Dat..........:D

OGShocker
04-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear that Man'!
F**K Belfor! They are the JA's that did our house. But, that is a story for another beer.

Dr. Eagle
04-28-2004, 11:07 AM
I can't imagine being a contractor in the insurance climate in California....
Workers Comp, liability, you name it...
Just makes you want to be independently wealthy.....
Maybe someday I'll win the LOTTO.........:(

78Eliminator
04-28-2004, 11:12 AM
I am not a big fan of insurance. I had to pay $1250 for a car rental after I was rear ended, and I still have not been reimbursed. Kind of pissed about that one....

WetWillie
04-28-2004, 11:25 AM
I use Federated. I can ask Becka to call you and see what she can do for you??
WW:)

Debbolas
04-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Company insurnace in California is so bad. My pool guy, had to sell off a bunch of pools that he cleans, because of his insurance. Mr. Scream can tell you nightmare stories about this....Really wish someone would do something about this. Not a very business friendly environment here in the Golden State....
:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-28-2004, 12:23 PM
mandelon we have an ins. co that may give you ins that you are looking for.. it is who we use.. but I don't know if they will do it that far away.. ;)