PDA

View Full Version : snap crackle pop

68vd
04-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Had the day off yesterday, great weather, great day to go play at the lake. started off real good. I was onthe lake, smooth water and not hardley any other boats out. i decided to open it up and have a little fun. I was scootin across the water with out a care in the world enjoying life. Then it happend. Very bad sound and sudden stop. Got a tow back to ramp loaded up and went home to investigate the problem. Found bent push rods one looked like a z. Pulled heads off pulled lifters out and my cam is broke in half. tore it rest of the way down today and of course the block is ruined. The cam was actually in 3 pieces. I hate when my summers start off like this. :mad:

AZmike
04-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Man that sucks, your not alone though last year went out to havasu for a nice 4 day weekend, lauched the boat, left the no wake zone went through the london bridge and here comes rod knock out of no where. Got a tow back to the launch ramp took it home and had a smashed sparkplug with a hole in the piston. Took the heads off and both of those where cracked as well. Spent 15 minutes on the water and the rest of the weekend on the couch watching t.v.
Weekends like that seriously suck
Luckily for me its Dad's boat but he's to old to drive it.
Got a brand new longblock for this season and its running good now.

sidewound
04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike. I went through that a couple a springs ago. Oh well. It's only money.:rolleyes:
Ended up with this tho to make me feel better.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114MILL_IN_010-med.jpg
When it's all done it'll be faster!!!!!! You'll feel better too!
GOOD LUCK!!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

Tinkerer
04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Sidewound--
You badly need a bigger flame arrester.

Infomaniac
04-30-2004, 06:44 PM
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

sidewound
05-09-2004, 09:27 AM