PDA

View Full Version : Office Pranks...?

Jbb
04-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Nasty Pranks - Funny But Could Get You Fired
1. Go into MS Word or similar program on co-worker's computer, and add an entry to the AutoCorrect feature. This is a very simple prank that will send the novice user into frenzy. Configure the AutoCorrect option to replace the word "the" with the phrase "you suck!" They will usually panic and start scanning for viruses.
2. Take clear tape and tape the underside of the mouse. Make sure you take the sticky end of the tape and apply it to the bottom of the mouse so it locks the ball in place. The victim will most likely check the connections in the back, reinstall drivers, reboot, etc. before they realize what has happened.
3. Another gem is to do a "Print Screen" of the user's desktop, and then paste the image from the clipboard to a photo program, and save the image as a bitmap. Then, set the 'snapshot' of their desktop as the actual desktop wallpaper. (You'll have to hide the Windows status bar, and move all their desktop icons into a folder, which you can hide conspicuously in the corner or something.) The user will see their desktop as always, but everything on it will appear to be frozen when they try to click on it...sending them into a rebooting and virus scanning fit!
4. This will mostly only work with people with very little PC knowledge. Stick in a floppy in their floppy drive. They will be unable to boot up windows until the disk is out. This is fun to watch.
5. Try to find a very obnoxious CD laying around. Preferably a reggae or rap CD. Pop it in their CD ROM. Put up the sound full blast by double clicking on the volume control on the bottom right. On normal configurations the audio CD will auto-play when windows first starts up. The person starting up their PC in the morning will definitely be embarrassed.
6. This is for that special person you just cant stand in the office, the one who talks on the phone all day with their boyfriend/girlfriend and gets personal e-mail all day. Go into their e-mail and change their defaults to automatically "blind carbon copy" their boss or supervisor. Heads will roll!
7. Change the coffee in the office coffee maker to decafe. Wait about three weeks (or until you think everybody has gotten over their caffeine addiction)and switch to espresso!
8. Try "password securing" someone's screen saver. First I suggest changing the screen saver to "scrolling marque" and inserting your own word or phrase, "Mr. Jones (president or supervisor) eats SHlT" or something to that effect.
9. Pop out the 'm' and 'n' key on someone's keyboard and reverse the two. Any flat tool will work. Just pry it with little pressure and they will easily come right off. Then just sit back and watch the confusion.
10. With someone who is on the phone a lot during work - This works if you have phones that the handset comes apart. Take the handset apart and put scotch tape over the mouthpiece inside. They can still be heard, but they have to talk loud to be heard. The next day take it off, and put it in the earpiece. Usually they will be yelling to the other person on the line the next day, and won't be able to hear them. When they complain about the phone, and get a replacement, do it on the next phone. After about a week you will notice the calls to be down considerably.
And finally...
11. Depending where you are at you may have a cafeteria in you place of work. Every week most of them put out a menu so you know what they are serving. Usually it is done on Word or Excel, and not extremely fancy. With a little work, matching fonts, and images you can make your own menus, and post them by your desk. We had one co-worker avoid the cafeteria for 2 weeks because of the selection "fish head stew" etc. before he caught on. Works great with picky eaters.

welk2party
04-28-2004, 06:10 PM
:D

Infomaniac
04-28-2004, 06:36 PM
I pioneered #3 10 years ago before windows 95.
I password protected the marquee screen saver. I made it read "THE PASSWORD IS ABC123" No one was smart enough to stop the screen saver.

Boatcop
04-28-2004, 06:59 PM
Gee. And I though this was about doing things like putting a goldfish in the Sparkletts cooler.

RiverToysJas
04-28-2004, 07:03 PM
#3 is the best, I was doing it 7 years ago.
I've also been guity of #2, but I just removed the ball all together.
RTJas :D

Kachina26
04-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't have an office, so I have to play in the shop. My all time favorite was when I ran a wire from the secondary ignition down around the side of the car, in the back door and up through the bottom of the driver's seat. Then I had one of the service writers crank it over for me so I could "listen for a noise". Shocking!

CrazyHippy
04-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Also a shop junky... we had a guy really piss us off, so we threaded zerk fittings into the back of his tool box, and FILLED the box with grease... Took 3 hours, but it was SOOOO worth it.
BJH

Ziggy
04-28-2004, 09:27 PM
I like most Reggae music. :p that wouldn't work on me:D

HyPerformance79460
04-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Another fun shop trick is to take a rubber glove(or a condom) and a zip tie. When a coworker is working on a car(easier when they are working under the hood and just finishing up) with the engine off someone distract them by askin a question or borrowing a tool. when they are busy talkin to you some one else go to the muffler and put the glove on the tip and zip tie it down tight. when they go to start the car the glove will baloon until it explodes with a large poppin noise. they will look around worried and confused on what happened. funny ass hell b/c some times the rubber melts on the exhaust or they will have trouble gettin the zip tie off. Another prank is good with ignition systems that have distributors(good to pull on a new tech) is to take off the cap but keep the wires on and take a pencil(the ones you have to sharpen) and connect the points where the rotor fires the plug to each other and draw lines down the cap so when you put it back on the distributor it has an invisable carbon trail that grounds itself out because it is connected to the base of the distributor and contacting metal. this works because electricity finds the shortest distance to ground which is the distributor itself. Enjoy:wink:

MR FLYIN VEE
04-28-2004, 09:59 PM
you can take the tank lid off the toilet and take the fill tube place it where the tank lid goes and put the tank lid back on.. so when they flush the toilet the water sprays them on the Junk section of the pants so it looks like they didn't shake it off..
or you can take the spray hose from the faucet and wrap a rubber band around it so when they turn on the faucet it sprays them .. :D :D
from a plumber :D

RiverKitty
04-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Where's that video where the girl is singing in the call center and some guy comes out and pelts her in the head with a phone book? That was some *seriously* funny shiznit!!!

Kachina26
04-29-2004, 05:02 AM
I rigged a coolant bottle with an air fitting and sealed it tight. Then I attached an air hose that was connected to a valve. We place it under the front of a car and had the jumpy guy in the shop come over to listen to a noise. While he had his head down there, I hit the valve and within seconds...........BOOM!
Or, pop rivet the air inlet on someones air tool, just make sure the center isn't gonna go flyin into his gun.
I've heard the grease one before, even heard of it being done with expanding foam.